User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Bones

MBTI
    xxxx

A friend tricked me into watching a few episodes of the show, so I'll chime in.

Bones herself strongly fits a textbook MBTI definition of a sensor. She lives and thrives in the world of what are (at least in her view) objective facts. She doesn't put up with much nuance or unfounded speculation. As a rule she sticks to things as they are. While one may argue that this comes from her scientific background, the behavior is prototypical S.

Given this noticeable S, I would propose that the character leads with her S function, suggesting either IS_J or ES_P. Of those two, I feel that IS_J is considerably more reasonable because she has shown to not be inherently "experience seeking" as one may expect from one leading with Se and because she deals heavily with the past both as her occupation and in her occupation. (the latter by connecting details she recalls from previous instances, suggesting an Si-like memory)

From there, it's ISTJ or ISFJ. She seeks to deal with the world objectively (from a standpoint of definitions, T>F) and with strong regards to empiricism. (Te>Ti)

While she does not always appear to meet the often negative SJ stereotype, Bones fits the ISTJ profile almost perfectly.

Because I'm lazy, I'm just throwing out ExFJ for Booth. Strong focus on people and drawing out emotions.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    Isn't that just because he's trained to do so? I always figured him for a Sensor, because he always seems so grounded and aware.

In those shrink episodes after the clown incident, he got really confused when the shrink tried to make him see his own and his family's behaviour patterns. Tbh I don't really think an NF would object so blatantly to navel-gazing.
    It's possible he's S. That would make him ESFP then. Hard call. The objections could be just because the culture trains him that introspection such as that isn't masculine somehow. He seems to have a need to prove his masculinity, what with the "cocky" belt buckles and all.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Booth- esfj or estj
    Angela-enfp
    Hodgins-infj
    Zack-intp

Bones is a Sensor with Aspergers.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i always thought of Booth as an ENFJ and Brennan as INTJ/ISTJ.

I think Angela is an ESFP.
    I think i agree with Angela-esfp. at first, i thought she was an enfp, until, she said she lives in the moment. it was the eposide where Roxie breaks up with her. esfps lives in the moment, a lot.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    abcd

What type do you think minor character Clark Edison is?
    I think INTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Booth can't be a sensor, the entire first season of the show develop's his character and his ability to unconciously and intuitively read people they are interviewing or questioning. Aside from authority the only real unique ability he brings to the table is his ability to see beneath the surface when dealing with people. I would say he is quite intuitive...

I think some of us are making the classic mistake and are mistaking intelligence of N/S, Bones shows many classic signs of being a strong sensor. She doesn't trust her instincts, she bases all conclusions on cold hard facts and misses many jokes other character's make because she is stuck on what people are saying and not on what they mean.

I agree with Angela being ESFP and Zack being INTP though.
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Bones- INTP (not ENTP -- her Ne actually appears to be unnaturally weak; she seems to run on a weird Ti-Si loop).
    Booth- ESFJ
    Hodgins- ENTP
    Angela- ESTP (ST rather than N or F -- her sexuality is just Se at work, and she appears deductive rather than intuitive).
    Zack- INTP

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    Booth can't be a sensor, the entire first season of the show develop's his character and his ability to unconciously and intuitively read people they are interviewing or questioning. Aside from authority the only real unique ability he brings to the table is his ability to see beneath the surface when dealing with people.
    That's called Fe.

I think some of us are making the classic mistake and are mistaking intelligence of N/S, Bones shows many classic signs of being a strong sensor. She doesn't trust her instincts, she bases all conclusions on cold hard facts and misses many jokes other character's make because she is stuck on what people are saying and not on what they mean.
    I actually agree with this, but I still think she's an N. She's strongly Ti rather than Te, and she seems Si rather than Se.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I agree with that typing of Bones, Hodgins and Zack, am undecided on Booth and think Angela is an ENFP. She's far too inclined to seek out emotional connection and put herself to ethical causes, like that thing with the pig that Bones couldn't understand.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Bones - IxTJ, probably INTJ
    Booth - ESFJ
    Hodgins - ENTP
    Angela - ENFP
    Zack - INTP
    Cam - ENTJ