• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think an almost universally typed INTJ is actually ISTJ

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Hannibal Lecter. Sure the way he spoke was complex and intellectually self assured like an INTJ, but the character's chief gimmick screams Si to me. the way he describes his "meals", the vivid detail, the focus on taste and aroma, his intrigue into the scents of cunts and perfume, it all seems too concrete to be INTJ. That's all.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like Se not Si. Si would be remembering what impression they gave him, not a vivid recounting of the actual sensations, a difficult thing to describe. But I never watched the movies, and I'm neither a strong Se'er or Si'er so :shrug:.

EDIT: Also, there's a very strong correlation in my experience between INTJs and being a 'foodie'.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a very very very, picky eater. I'm probably still am. But I try new things, only now. After I learned to make my own food.

And I don't remember much of detail and process of how to make food.

Kas

Fabula rasa
EDIT: Also, there's a very strong correlation in my experience between INTJs and being a 'foodie'.

I noticed that too. Most of INTJs I know love good food. Although they probably would not like comparison to Hannibal.

Jaguar

Lechter: "Look deep within yourself, Clarice Starling. Go seek out Miss Mofet, an old patient of mine."

If Clarice had taken Lechter's words at face value, she never would of found the storage facility: Your Self Storage. Lechter was making a play on words and giving a hidden clue all at the same time. ISTJ? Oh, come now. ISTJs are far too dry and straightforward to play games like that. Lechter was a prober; a driller of oil - he took delight in finding a gusher.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I think this is true. I am, so are nearly all the others I know personally. Someone asked me not too long ago if I was a gourmet cook. I think I'm more of a food snob.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that Se and Si users both tend to have fantastic memories. The difference is that Se is experience-seeking/recalling, whereas Si is fact-seeking/recalling.

Check out interviews with Bear Grylls or Anthony Bourdain (both pretty obvious Se users). They can recall their past experiences in vivid sensory detail. Si users, I think, are better at remembering dates, appointments, specific words that were said in conversations, etc. What was stated is a fact; what was smelled or tasted is an experience.

My wife is Si and she's much better at memorizing plans than me. It's like she has a photographic memory of our calendar. However, if you ask us to describe a drink we had three weeks ago, I can come up with a description faster and with more details.

So for Hannibal, I'd say he's an experience-seeker/recaller and probably an INTJ with highly-developed Se. That's the vibe I get from the books and Anthony Hopkins movies anyway. The Hannibal Rising actor seemed more ISTP.

I haven't seen the new TV series, but I'm inspired to check it out now.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Sounds like Se not Si. Si would be remembering what impression they gave him, not a vivid recounting of the actual sensations, a difficult thing to describe. But I never watched the movies, and I'm neither a strong Se'er or Si'er so :shrug:.

A ludicrous correlation if u ask me. All else you said is fair.

- - - Updated - - -

I find that Se and Si users both tend to have fantastic memories. The difference is that Se is experience-seeking/recalling, whereas Si is fact-seeking/recalling.

Check out interviews with Bear Grylls or Anthony Bourdain (both pretty obvious Se users). They can recall their past experiences in vivid sensory detail. Si users, I think, are better at remembering dates, appointments, specific words that were said in conversations, etc. What was stated is a fact; what was smelled or tasted is an experience.

My wife is Si and she's much better at memorizing plans than me. It's like she has a photographic memory of our calendar. However, if you ask us to describe a drink we had three weeks ago, I can come up with a description faster and with more details.

So for Hannibal, I'd say he's an experience-seeker/recaller and probably an INTJ with highly-developed Se. That's the vibe I get from the books and Anthony Hopkins movies anyway. The Hannibal Rising actor seemed more ISTP.

I haven't seen the new TV series, but I'm inspired to check it out now.

Lmao so EVERYONE has fantastic memories?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I think this is true. I am, so are nearly all the others I know personally. Someone asked me not too long ago if I was a gourmet cook. I think I'm more of a food snob.

go away please

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A ludicrous correlation if u ask me. All else you said is fair.

No, not at all, I'm just reporting my own experience. And it holds water once you consider that INTJ's do have Se in their function stacking, and have the tendency towards refined tastes.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Everyone's a "foodie", people. We have our tastes, not type related.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not at all, I'm just reporting my own experience. And it holds water once you consider that INTJ's do have Se in their function stacking, and have the tendency towards refined tastes.

^

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone's a "foodie", people. We have our tastes, not type related.

- - - Updated - - -

^

The Foodie label implies a lot more than just having preferences. A person could prefer to only eat chicken nuggets and fish sticks, this doesn't mean they're a foodie. And anybody with Se gets a lot more sensory input in their experience, much like you described Hannibal.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
The Foodie label implies a lot more than just having preferences. A person could prefer to only eat chicken nuggets and fish sticks, this doesn't mean they're a foodie. And anybody with Se gets a lot more sensory input in their experience, much like you described Hannibal.

Would that be the mark of inferior Se though? Such a grasp of it that is?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would that be the mark of inferior Se though? Such a grasp of it that is?

*shrug* I rarely experience Si as people say I should as my inferior. I think sometimes MBTI theory is dodgy at its limits. I put much more stock in the fact that many an INTJ I have met has been a Foodie, more so than certain other types.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lmao so EVERYONE has fantastic memories?

No, I was talking about people who actually make good use of Se or Si. That's what I meant by "users."

Obviously everyone has Se or Si in their functional stack, but not everyone makes use of them if you catch my drift. It's been my experience that people with well-developed Se or Si have good memories.

Sorry, I thought that was pretty clear. Any thoughts on the rest of what I said or are you just mincing words?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf

And nothing. It's corny and tasteless that's all

- - - Updated - - -

No, I was talking about people who actually make good use of Se or Si. That's what I meant by "users."

Obviously everyone has Se or Si in their functional stack, but not everyone makes use of them if you catch my drift. It's been my experience that people with well-developed Se or Si have good memories.

Sorry, I thought that was pretty clear. Any thoughts on the rest of what I said or are you just mincing words?

You weren't clear at all, no. And I don't remember anything else you said.