• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

General Pixar MBTI Thread

Oshaberi

...Because I couldn't find a satisfactory one that didn't end after three responses. So I guess this is my attempt at making one.

Starting with Inside Out. Spoiler warning!

Riley: EXFJ (I could see EXFP also working, but her connection to Minnesota and her fear of loosing all of her good times there, along with her willingness to lose everything to go back screams Si to me. The entire deal with her hockey team and how dedicated she is to it does come off across as Se, though, and she seems more Fi than Fe, admittedly. Though, that just may be because of the stress she's put though. Hmm.)

Riley's Mom: ENFJ (Fe with her concern for everyone involved, Ni for her wish to think of a better time, along with how she immediately sensed that something was off with Riley.)

Riley's Dad: XSTX (Probably ISTJ? He was dedicated to his job, clearly, and the Te showed though, especially at the dinner table scene. He's quite the no-nonsense type, even if it was driven by Anger/Fear.)

Now, the emotions...

Joy: ENFJ (She was dedicated to her goal, and she wanted nothing more than to see Riley happy, which was something personal to her. Fe because of her general happiness and consideration towards everyone, and backed up by Ni, which was her vision of the future and more or less a happy Riley.)

Sadness: ISFP (She was driven by her own emotions (haha). She allowed Riley to empathize with others. She has an appreciation for aesthetic, and doesn't generally look at the possibilities, and seems to live in the moment more than anything.)

Anger: XSTP (Probably ESTP. Makes rash, spur of the moment decisions that seem to be backed by his own internal logic more than anything (Ti), and his main goal is keeping Riley happy (tert Fe), even if it leads to reckless decisions (Se).)

Fear: ENFP (He sees all of the possibilities first and foremost. He panics and looks after himself when things start to go wrong, and he's the only one among the three remaining emotions to consider the possibility of Riley staying as a good thing. Aux Fi, he goes by his own ideals.)

Disgust: ISTP (Most likely. Ti with her internal logic, Se because of her sense of aesthetic and being in charge of Riley's fitting in. Her type is perfectly exemplified at the climax when she (spoiler) uses Anger as a blowtorch (spoiler). She saw him about to erupt, and she used her surroundings in a logical fashion to achieve a goal. Ti/Se.)

Bing Bong: EXFJ (Leaning towards ESFJ. Very carefree, and he doesn't seem to care what people think of him. He's still upset about the entire situation with Riley, but he isn't bitter about it. Fe shines through in the scene with Joy in the dump thing.)

And that's all I can think of for now. No enneagrams at the moment. Thoughts?

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
The Incredibles:

Mr. Incredible-ISTP
Elastagirl-ESFJ
Dash-ESTP
Violet-INFP
Edna Mode-ENTP
Frozone-ESFP
Syndrome-ENTJ

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...Because I couldn't find a satisfactory one that didn't end after three responses. So I guess this is my attempt at making one.

Starting with Inside Out. Spoiler warning!

Riley: EXFJ (I could see EXFP also working, but her connection to Minnesota and her fear of loosing all of her good times there, along with her willingness to lose everything to go back screams Si to me. The entire deal with her hockey team and how dedicated she is to it does come off across as Se, though, and she seems more Fi than Fe, admittedly. Though, that just may be because of the stress she's put though. Hmm.)

Riley's Mom: ENFJ (Fe with her concern for everyone involved, Ni for her wish to think of a better time, along with how she immediately sensed that something was off with Riley.)

Riley's Dad: XSTX (Probably ISTJ? He was dedicated to his job, clearly, and the Te showed though, especially at the dinner table scene. He's quite the no-nonsense type, even if it was driven by Anger/Fear.)

Now, the emotions...

Joy: ENFJ (She was dedicated to her goal, and she wanted nothing more than to see Riley happy, which was something personal to her. Fe because of her general happiness and consideration towards everyone, and backed up by Ni, which was her vision of the future and more or less a happy Riley.)

Sadness: ISFP (She was driven by her own emotions (haha). She allowed Riley to empathize with others. She has an appreciation for aesthetic, and doesn't generally look at the possibilities, and seems to live in the moment more than anything.)

Anger: XSTP (Probably ESTP. Makes rash, spur of the moment decisions that seem to be backed by his own internal logic more than anything (Ti), and his main goal is keeping Riley happy (tert Fe), even if it leads to reckless decisions (Se).)

Fear: ENFP (He sees all of the possibilities first and foremost. He panics and looks after himself when things start to go wrong, and he's the only one among the three remaining emotions to consider the possibility of Riley staying as a good thing. Aux Fi, he goes by his own ideals.)

Disgust: ISTP (Most likely. Ti with her internal logic, Se because of her sense of aesthetic and being in charge of Riley's fitting in. Her type is perfectly exemplified at the climax when she (spoiler) uses Anger as a blowtorch (spoiler). She saw him about to erupt, and she used her surroundings in a logical fashion to achieve a goal. Ti/Se.)

Bing Bong: EXFJ (Leaning towards ESFJ. Very carefree, and he doesn't seem to care what people think of him. He's still upset about the entire situation with Riley, but he isn't bitter about it. Fe shines through in the scene with Joy in the dump thing.)

And that's all I can think of for now. No enneagrams at the moment. Thoughts?

I see what you're saying about Riley, but (again, spoilers!) considering she had to lose nearly half her mind to resort to going back to Minnesota, I'd say that's more like inferior Si. Not sure if there is a type connection at all with the hockey thing. Joy being the feisty little bossy thing she is and forcing sadness into the corner.... or, well, a circle on the ground, makes Riley an obvious enneagram 7........ for better and for worse.

ENFJ for Mom and ISTJ for Dad makes sense.

As problematic as it is to type pure feels, if Joy had a type she'd be a Fe/Ne looper for sure. So ESFJ, sorta? Bing Bong (a spoiler in himself) is more of an ESFP in comparison.

We also almost have the temperament quartet going!

Riley: Sanguine (Joy literally in center)
Mom: Melancholic (Sadness literally in center)
Dad: Choleric (Anger literally in center)

Does anyone remember who was in center for the Teacher? (Beginning of end credits) I think it was Disgust, which would roughly line up with Phlegmatic....