• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ's in popular culture

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
The ISFJ is one of my top three favorite types. So I think it's about time I did this.

Bilbo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Dr. John Watson from Sherlock Holmes
Agent Coulson from The Avengers (and everything else he's in)
Commissioner Gordon from Batman
Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy (maybe, but might also be an ESFJ)
Colossus from X-Men
Lucy Stillman from Assassin's Creed
Bain from The Hobbit
Jean Valjean from Les Miserables
Church from Red vs Blue

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
SamWise from LOTR

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
SamWise from LOTR

More of an ESFJ. Bilbo is definitely an ISFJ but Sam shows a lot more Fe. I see Bilbo as a stronger Si user and Sam as a stronger Fe user. Also Sam doesn't have astrongenough Ti to be an ISFJ. I noticed that of all F types, the ISFJ seems to be the most logical. Bilbo is a feeler who can still maintain a rational attitude. While Sam seems a LOT more emotional.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Here are a few links to some very good reasons why I see SamWise as an ISFJ. I thought that since these people already say it so well that there's no use me trying to add to it. Samwise Gamgee - MBTI in Fiction

He is also listed as ISFJ at the 16 Personalities website.

ISFJ Personality (“The Defender”) | 16Personalities

And at PersonalityMaxhttps://www.personalitymax.com/personality-types/isfj-defender

I also believe this kid-loving, animal-protecting, organized, grape-nee-high drinking, people-pleasing lil guy is an ISFJ...Radar O'Reilly

image.jpg

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Here are a few links to some very good reasons why I see SamWise as an ISFJ. I thought that since these people already say it so well that there's no use me trying to add to it. Samwise Gamgee - MBTI in Fiction

He is also listed as ISFJ at the 16 Personalities website.

ISFJ Personality (“The Defender”) | 16Personalities

And at PersonalityMaxhttps://www.personalitymax.com/personality-types/isfj-defender

I also believe this kid-loving, animal-protecting, organized, grape-nee-high drinking, people-pleasing lil guy is an ISFJ...Radar O'Reilly

View attachment 13654

One of those links doesn't even tell why Sam is an ISFJ. One doesn't even mention Sam. And one gives an explanation, but everything it says an also apply to an ESFJ. Plus you have the things that I've said.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
One of those links doesn't even tell why Sam is an ISFJ. One doesn't even mention Sam. And one gives an explanation, but everything it says an also apply to an ESFJ. Plus you have the things that I've said.

Indeed. I do. He is listed under fictional examples. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Primrose Everdeen from The Hunger Games I think.

BTW, Church is an ISTP. So ignore what I said about him.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
David Fisher and Ruth Fisher from Six Feet Under are both well-written ISFJ characters.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

View attachment 13654
Aww, Radar! :heart: Yes, I do believe he is an ISFJ.

Also, I've seen Hero from Much Ado About Nothing typed as an ISFJ, and I agree with that assessment.

What about Pepper Potts? She seems like an ISFJ. But maybe an ISTJ. Definitely a Guardian of some sort.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Aww, Radar! :heart: Yes, I do believe he is an ISFJ.

Also, I've seen Hero from Much Ado About Nothing typed as an ISFJ, and I agree with that assessment.

What about Pepper Potts? She seems like an ISFJ. But maybe an ISTJ. Definitely a Guardian of some sort.

Pepper is an ENFJ

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I've never heard anyone type Bain before. So I figured he's an ISFJ. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I originally say Captain America as an ISFJ, but I think he's more ESFJ (6w? So/Sx)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone typed Dallas from Alien as ISFJ. Seemed a good fit.