• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP's in popular culture

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't seen many threads about ENTP's. So when this just crossed my mind, I said "why not". ENTP's are some of the funniest characters. Here's my list.

The Doctor from Doctor Who
Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean
The Joker from Batman
Oin from The Hobbit
Tony Stark/Iron Man from Iron Man
Peter Parker/Spider Man from Spiderman
Peter Quill/Star-lord from Guardians of the Galaxy
Flick from A Bugs Life
Q from James Bond
Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother
Cortana from Halo
Grif from Red vs Blue
Rebecca Crane from Assassin's Creed
Nolan Ross from Revenge

Thoughts?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Chandler Bing from Friends- although he changed a ton throughout the series- at one point it seemed like he became sort of a Fi dom or something... Guess thats television for ya

Anne from Anne of Green Gables- been a long time, could be ENFP

Tom Sawyer

Jack Sparrow

Greg House from House

Tom from the Great Brain series

Willie Wonka

The Wizard of Oz?

Doc from Back to the Future

Those are all just guesses though

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Chandler Bing from Friends- although he changed a ton throughout the series- at one point it seemed like he became sort of a Fi dom or something... Guess thats television for ya

Tom Sawyer

Jack Sparrow

Greg House from House

Willie Wonka

The Wizard of Oz?

I can definitely see Doctor Brown as an ENTP

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf

Tom Sawyer

Jack Sparrow

Greg House from House

Willie Wonka

The Wizard of Oz?

The Wizard, definitely. No question mark necessary. My theory about House is he's an ENTP who literally transforms into an INTJ when he's on his Vicodin, hence the widespread debate about his type due to his tapering off the meds for long periods of time in later seasons of the show. Not sure if the writers did this to him on purpose, but it seems to uncannily work out that way. However I'd formally say he's INTJ because that's the way the character was initially presented and the way he carried himself in the series's prime.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
The Wizard, definitely. No question mark necessary. My theory about House is he's an ENTP who literally transforms into an INTJ when he's on his Vicodin, hence the widespread debate about his type due to his tapering off the meds for long periods of time in later seasons of the show. Not sure if the writers did this to him on purpose, but it seems to uncannily work out that way. However I'd formally say he's INTJ because that's the way the character was initially presented and the way he carried himself in the series's prime.

I see House as a NTP through and through. Admittedly it has been awhile since I last watched the show so maybe my opinion would change if I watched today, but that's always been my impression.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I see House as a NTP through and through. Admittedly it has been awhile since I last watched the show so maybe my opinion would change if I watched today, but that's always been my impression.

Try rewatching season 1 if you find the time to detect his INTJness. It's there.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Right and I see him as more of an extrovert too. The way that he needs his team around him to verbally bounce ideas off of speaks to me as more of an extroverted behavior. Although he does need time alone occasionally, his primary focus seems to be on the external world.

He solves 'puzzles' in the physical world, he tests people in the physical world, and he feels the need to be more interactive than a typical introvert would generally be. His interactions with the other doctors never really seems to be super forced, and it generally never seems forced. While he might not be super extroverted, generally ENTPs can come off as introverts.

Often times they do not choose to engage in things they do not percieve as intellectually stimulating. This could explain why House does not want to hear the mundane complaints of patients, because for one thing it really is not super rewarding to him and for another thing as an Ne-dom he would feel the need to come up with his own ideas for things and he thinks that going to the patients could potentially squander his trains of thought.

So I say House is an ENTP. A damaged and socially repressed misanthropic ENTP, but an ENTP none the less.

Foreman seems more like the INTJ to me. He is similar to House, but at the end of the day he is just more structured. He seems to end things, while House starts things up.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I got caught up in off topic things and forgot to input on topic things into this thread. Here are some:

Dr. Scultz from Djanjo unchained

Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad

Randle McMurphy from One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Rex Hansen from Horrible Bosses 2

Jack Foley from Out of Sight

Peggy Hill from King of the Hill

Doug Ross from ER

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I got caught up in off topic things and forgot to input on topic things into this thread. Here are some:

Doug Ross from ER

Hm.. I could see an argument for INTP for Dr. Schultz, but ENTP works as well.

Saul Goodman- yeah seems near a definate ENTP to me

McMurphy as well, maybe ENTP but arguably ESTP

Walter Bishop from Fringe

Mulder from X-Files? Arguably INTP though

And the Weasley twins seem nearly definate ENTPs

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Doug Ross from ER
I could see McMurphy as an ENTP. Peggy Hill is most likely an ESFJ, though.

Some other possible ENTPs I can think of:

Wade Wilson, aka Deadpool (Marvel comics)
Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Q (Star Trek)
The Doctor (Star Trek: Voyager)
Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter)

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I could see McMurphy as an ENTP. Peggy Hill is most likely an ESFJ, though.

Some other possible ENTPs I can think of:

Wade Wilson, aka Deadpool (Marvel comics)
Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Q (Star Trek)
The Doctor (Star Trek: Voyager)
Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter)

why

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Clark Griswald?

Ohh Bill Nye

Possibly Jack from Lord of the Flies- But more likely an ESTx type-leaning towards underdeveloped/stressed/unhealthy ESTJ

Dennis the Menace- Also possible ESTP

Oh oh and Mrs Frizzle from the Magic School Bus- very likely ENTP

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ask [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]. ;)

I agree with ESFJ for Peggy, BUT as an expert who has every episode of KOTH on my computer, she is written as very ENTPish in certain episodes, especially later ones. very strong Fe and Ne on my dear Peggy.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't believe no one's thrown out Bugs Bunny yet! I used to want to be him when I was little. :D

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would argue McMurphy though as more of an ESTP. He seems to take in things through his Se and generally seems very in the moment, yet he can have aha moments of Ni such as his intuitive understanding of the indian character. He seems to make more of physical disturbance generally than a verbal one.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King shultz - django unchained (7w6 so/sp)
Elim garak - star trek ds9 (6w7 so/sx)
Shawn spencer - psych (7w6 so/sx)
Vector - despicable me 1 (6w7)
Kumar - harold and kumar (7w8 so/sx probably)

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I agree with ESFJ for Peggy, BUT as an expert who has every episode of KOTH on my computer, she is written as very ENTPish in certain episodes, especially later ones. very strong Fe and Ne on my dear Peggy.

Dale's the shit

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe no one's thrown out Bugs Bunny yet! I used to want to be him when I was little. :D

Any idea what his enneagram is? The easy guess is e7. E9 is the second guess i have. Also instinctual variant.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any idea what his enneagram is? The easy guess is e7. E9 is the second guess i have. Also instinctual variant.

Yup I'd say 7w6 for him. I dunno about his instinctual variant though, maybe sp/so.