• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daredevil on Netflix

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I didn't read any of the posts here. Is [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] claiming that Murdock is an INFJ? I think I agree. Murdock is definitely not a ISTP. Too idealistic (NF over SP), too much in control of his emotions and he hides/sacrifises his inner sensitivity for the greater good (seems like Fe) and he is definitely a I. So that would make him NF, Fe and I (INFJ).

Although what I described above describes of a person who sounds quite nice it doesn't mean he/she is a easy man/woman to live with. Which means I don't think Murdock is an easy man to live with as a partner unless the person has equally high ethical and self sacrificing life code.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I didn't read any of the posts here. Is [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] claiming that Murdock is an INFJ? I think I agree. Murdock is definitely not a ISTP. Too idealistic (NF over SP), too much in control of his emotions and he hides/sacrifises his inner sensitivity for the greater good (seems like Fe) and he is definitely a I. So that would make him NF, Fe and I (INFJ).

Although what I described above describes of a person who sounds quite nice it doesn't mean he/she is a easy man/woman to live with. Which means I don't think Murdock is an easy man to live with as a partner unless the person has equally high ethical and self sacrificing life code.

Yep, that what's *she's claiming, at least as a strong possibility, for the exact reasons you stated. And about the not being easy to live with...yes, I totally agree.

*eek, I'm referring to myself in the third person!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
. On a personal note, I really love Matt Murdock's [or rather Cox's portrayal of] character on this show. I love how he is more complex and deeper than even his close friends realize.

I enjoy this about him myself after watching it. It's been a long time since I had a 'hero' who I actually found interesting as a person (as opposed to just what they could do).

On the flip side...fuck me is Fisk something relatable to myself, especially as a child, and that's something I try to refrain from doing with fictional characters.

therealaquaman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apologies for the late reply!
To me, those two are very different things. Justice is objective while fairness is subjective. To be just is to have an action justified under the circumstances, and fair refers to an action that treats people how they should or deserve to be.
In reference to Foggy as an F rather than a T, he never once thought about the law before the people around him. Matt, Karen, Elena, etc. This is a man who constantly acted selflessly, who didn't worry about being /stabbed/ since he had others to take care of and ensure they're safe because of the explosion before checking on himself. To me, the way Fogggy treats people in the show is a reflection of whether he uses T or F, and it makes sense that he uses his heart over his head majority of the time, ya know?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I was also thinking about the contrast between Wilson and Matt.

Especially to do with fear, as Daredevil 'the man with no fear' vs a portrayal of the Kingpin that is full of fear as well as utilising it. I can see that Matt also intimidates and scares those who have information he wants, but fear doesn't rule his actions in the same way as with Fisk. I could even make a bizarre case for counter-phobic vs phobic E6, but I don't think that exactly fits.

However Fisk in particular is a man ruled by his fear somewhat, but it's a fear of what he sees himself as and what he fears will happen if he doesn't act on his vision for the city. Hence the insecurity and uncertain nature of his portrayal, but he also uses and induces that fear in others, ironically as a security from things he fears.

Matt on the other hand uses fear as intimidation, but himself is filled with a conviction that denies or challenges his own fears. If there is something fearful to meet, he does so from the front. He is also driven to action by vision somewhat, but perhaps a less clear one than Fisk.

But I dunno, just some idle thoughts.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ahh he said it right there in the end "This is my city--my family" he's an ESFJ family man.
Being together as a "sort of" family is really important to him, he shows it consistently as a kid and an adult.
I see him as a protector with similar powers and motivations to Superman, with some limitations and more emotion

Fisk is definitely 6w7 and possibly ISFP he's all heart, an amazing villain.

Foggy I think is ENFP, always being real and sticking up for the little guy.

Karen as 6w5.... something

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just finished this show yesterday. :wub: Can't count all the reasons why I love it.

I strongly agree on INFJ for Matt Murdock, and I think 1w9 for Enneagram, probably so/sp or so/sx.
Foggy seems ESFP or ISFP to me. Fi>Fe. I could see 9 or cp6w7 for him.
Karen I'm not sure, but I guess ISFJ would make sense.
Fisk seems IxFP, but I don't know about Enneagram. Interesting to see an IxFP in a role like that, though. The awkward sensitivity of that character was not something I was expecting.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw the first episode, and goddamn that show is atrocious. That awful sidekick character. And that horrible fake Russian accent that dopey former power ranger was putting on. Fucking awful.
I really like Vincent D'onofrio, but I couldn't even wait for his appearance because the show is such shit.

To stay on topic, here are the character types:

Matt - SHIT
Foggy - SHIT!!!
Karen - SHIT
Claire - SHIT
Ben - SHIT
Stick - SHIT

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I saw the first episode, and goddamn that show is atrocious. That awful sidekick character. And that horrible fake Russian accent that dopey former power ranger was putting on. Fucking awful.
I really like Vincent D'onofrio, but I couldn't even wait for his appearance because the show is such shit.

To stay on topic, here are the character types:

Matt - SHIT
Foggy - SHIT!!!
Karen - SHIT
Claire - SHIT
Ben - SHIT
Stick - SHIT

Keep watching. It gets better.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Keep watching. It gets better.

Yeah right, last time someone told me that I watched 3 episodes of Battlestar Galactica, and then my life was filled with regret.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah right, last time someone told me that I watched 3 episodes of Battlestar Galactica, and then my life was filled with regret.
Daredevil gets WAY better. Especially by about episode 6 or 8. Stick with it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Just finished this show yesterday. :wub: Can't count all the reasons why I love it.

I strongly agree on INFJ for Matt Murdock, and I think 1w9 for Enneagram, probably so/sp or so/sx.
Foggy seems ESFP or ISFP to me. Fi>Fe. I could see 9 or cp6w7 for him.
Karen I'm not sure, but I guess ISFJ would make sense.
Fisk seems IxFP, but I don't know about Enneagram. Interesting to see an IxFP in a role like that, though. The awkward sensitivity of that character was not something I was expecting.

I agree with you! I hadn't considered IxFP for Fisk, but I can see it now.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
^ so it's confirmed according to popular consensus that matt is an infj?

That means we finally have an infj hero. He is a male infj, so i wonder whether he feels that he was born into the wrong sex just like most infj males i've known.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ so it's confirmed according to popular consensus that matt is an infj?

That means we finally have an infj hero. He is a male infj, so i wonder whether he feels that he was born into the wrong sex just like most infj males i've known.

Some people type Batman as an INFJ. It makes sense, in as much as typing fictional characters makes sense.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Matthew Murdock-ISTP
Foggy-ESFP
Karen-ESFJ
Fisk-INFJ
Stick-ISTP

I'm still trying to figure out the types of the other characters.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've only watched about 7 episodes, but here goes.

Matthew Murdock - ISFJ
(I'm strongly convinced of this one-- Si is all about memory, stroing past sensory observations and using them later in different situations. Matt very much relies on what he has heard in the past to conclude what things are in the present. That is NOT Ni. It's Si.)

Foggy - ENFP

Karen Page - ESFJ

Fisk - INFJ (BIG TIME!)

Stick - ISTP

Ben Urich - INTP

James Wesley - ENTJ (has inferior Fi written all over him)

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In terms of Enneagram I am less certain...

Matthew Murdock - 1w2 Sx/So (ISFJ)

Foggy - 7w6 So/Sx (ENFP)

Karen Page - 6w5 So/Sx (ESFJ)

Fisk/Kingpin - 8w7 Sp/Sx (INFJ)

Stick - 8w9 Sp/So (ISTP)

Ben Urich - 9w8 Sp/Sx (INTP)

James Wesley - 5w6 So/Sp (ENTJ)

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In terms of tritypes...

Matthew Murdock: 1w2-2w1-6w7 (The Supporter)

Foggy: 7w6-3w2-9w1 (The Ambassador)

Karen Page: 6w5-2w3-1w9 (The Supporter)

Fisk/Kingpin: 8w7-3w2-6w7 (The Debater/Justice Fighter)

Stick: 8w9-5w6-3w4 (The Solutions Master)

Ben Urich: 9w8-5w4-4w5 (The Contemplative)

James Wesley: 5w6-3w4-1w9 (The Technical Expert)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2nd season - March 18th

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually I haven't really thought about the main character but I suppose INFJ is in with a shot, certainly makes more sense than ISTP.

I think Foggy could be ENFJ over ENFP though, seems to have that *vast* capacity for forgiveness that I associate with them, ENFP's tend to be more wary when they have been burned. He jumped straight back into a relationship with Marci even though she was working for the other side & etc.

Marci i'm not sure on... ENTX?

Karen poss ESFJ

Sticks fits the ISTP bill

Fish is very introverted feelery... certainly IXFX Could buy IXFP

Ben I can buy as INTP

Vanessa... seems ISFJ ish... but I could be swayed