User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I didn't read any of the posts here. Is @Ene claiming that Murdock is an INFJ? I think I agree. Murdock is definitely not a ISTP. Too idealistic (NF over SP), too much in control of his emotions and he hides/sacrifises his inner sensitivity for the greater good (seems like Fe) and he is definitely a I. So that would make him NF, Fe and I (INFJ).

Although what I described above describes of a person who sounds quite nice it doesn't mean he/she is a easy man/woman to live with. Which means I don't think Murdock is an easy man to live with as a partner unless the person has equally high ethical and self sacrificing life code.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I didn't read any of the posts here. Is @Ene claiming that Murdock is an INFJ? I think I agree. Murdock is definitely not a ISTP. Too idealistic (NF over SP), too much in control of his emotions and he hides/sacrifises his inner sensitivity for the greater good (seems like Fe) and he is definitely a I. So that would make him NF, Fe and I (INFJ).

Although what I described above describes of a person who sounds quite nice it doesn't mean he/she is a easy man/woman to live with. Which means I don't think Murdock is an easy man to live with as a partner unless the person has equally high ethical and self sacrificing life code.
    Yep, that what's *she's claiming, at least as a strong possibility, for the exact reasons you stated. And about the not being easy to live with...yes, I totally agree.

*eek, I'm referring to myself in the third person!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    . On a personal note, I really love Matt Murdock's [or rather Cox's portrayal of] character on this show. I love how he is more complex and deeper than even his close friends realize.
    I enjoy this about him myself after watching it. It's been a long time since I had a 'hero' who I actually found interesting as a person (as opposed to just what they could do).

On the flip side...fuck me is Fisk something relatable to myself, especially as a child, and that's something I try to refrain from doing with fictional characters.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Ene liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Apologies for the late reply!
    To me, those two are very different things. Justice is objective while fairness is subjective. To be just is to have an action justified under the circumstances, and fair refers to an action that treats people how they should or deserve to be.
    In reference to Foggy as an F rather than a T, he never once thought about the law before the people around him. Matt, Karen, Elena, etc. This is a man who constantly acted selflessly, who didn't worry about being /stabbed/ since he had others to take care of and ensure they're safe because of the explosion before checking on himself. To me, the way Fogggy treats people in the show is a reflection of whether he uses T or F, and it makes sense that he uses his heart over his head majority of the time, ya know?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was also thinking about the contrast between Wilson and Matt.

Especially to do with fear, as Daredevil 'the man with no fear' vs a portrayal of the Kingpin that is full of fear as well as utilising it. I can see that Matt also intimidates and scares those who have information he wants, but fear doesn't rule his actions in the same way as with Fisk. I could even make a bizarre case for counter-phobic vs phobic E6, but I don't think that exactly fits.

However Fisk in particular is a man ruled by his fear somewhat, but it's a fear of what he sees himself as and what he fears will happen if he doesn't act on his vision for the city. Hence the insecurity and uncertain nature of his portrayal, but he also uses and induces that fear in others, ironically as a security from things he fears.

Matt on the other hand uses fear as intimidation, but himself is filled with a conviction that denies or challenges his own fears. If there is something fearful to meet, he does so from the front. He is also driven to action by vision somewhat, but perhaps a less clear one than Fisk.

But I dunno, just some idle thoughts.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Ahh he said it right there in the end "This is my city--my family" he's an ESFJ family man.
    Being together as a "sort of" family is really important to him, he shows it consistently as a kid and an adult.
    I see him as a protector with similar powers and motivations to Superman, with some limitations and more emotion

Fisk is definitely 6w7 and possibly ISFP he's all heart, an amazing villain.

Foggy I think is ENFP, always being real and sticking up for the little guy.

Karen as 6w5.... something
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Just finished this show yesterday. Can't count all the reasons why I love it.

I strongly agree on INFJ for Matt Murdock, and I think 1w9 for Enneagram, probably so/sp or so/sx.
    Foggy seems ESFP or ISFP to me. Fi>Fe. I could see 9 or cp6w7 for him.
    Karen I'm not sure, but I guess ISFJ would make sense.
    Fisk seems IxFP, but I don't know about Enneagram. Interesting to see an IxFP in a role like that, though. The awkward sensitivity of that character was not something I was expecting.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Olm the Water King, Ene liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I saw the first episode, and goddamn that show is atrocious. That awful sidekick character. And that horrible fake Russian accent that dopey former power ranger was putting on. Fucking awful.
    I really like Vincent D'onofrio, but I couldn't even wait for his appearance because the show is such shit.

To stay on topic, here are the character types:

Matt - SHIT
    Foggy - SHIT!!!
    Karen - SHIT
    Claire - SHIT
    Ben - SHIT
    Stick - SHIT
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I saw the first episode, and goddamn that show is atrocious. That awful sidekick character. And that horrible fake Russian accent that dopey former power ranger was putting on. Fucking awful.
    I really like Vincent D'onofrio, but I couldn't even wait for his appearance because the show is such shit.

To stay on topic, here are the character types:

Matt - SHIT
    Foggy - SHIT!!!
    Karen - SHIT
    Claire - SHIT
    Ben - SHIT
    Stick - SHIT
    Keep watching. It gets better.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Keep watching. It gets better.
    Yeah right, last time someone told me that I watched 3 episodes of Battlestar Galactica, and then my life was filled with regret.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.