• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PersonalityCafe

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I don't know where I would place this, but what is your experience with PerC? How is the friendliness there? I just made an account there. Generally I like the thing I do first, so I think I'll always prefer TC. :hug:

But anyways. Yeah. What do you think of the folks over there?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know where I would place this, but what is your experience with PerC? How is the friendliness there? I just made an account there. Generally I like the thing I do first, so I think I'll always prefer TC. :hug:

I heavily prefer Typology Central because of the wide range of topics you can post threads on.
Personality Cafe is a bit too one-sided imo. They have good threads, though.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of interesting threads but way too many immature users.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you even jpin personality cafe? I've been trying to join since I've first heard about typology, but whenever you try to create an account, it goes to a dark screen that barely shows the page and doesn't let you click on anything. I thought it was just my iPod at first, but then I tried my laptop and it did pretty much the same thing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

outofplace

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm very active on their forum. I've been a member since 2012. The moderators don't play and take their jobs very seriously when it comes to trolls and spammers. That's one of the reasons I enjoy being on there. ;)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There doesn't seem to be much serious interest in theory in the ENFP ghetto. I enjoy the thoughtfulnesss and emoness of the 4 section.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its fun and friendly until you post your opinion into a debate thread. They are very serious about critical thinking and debate.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Forum games were fun. Everything else was boring.
Typology discussions made me cry a little bit.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I heavily prefer Typology Central because of the wide range of topics you can post threads on.
Personality Cafe is a bit too one-sided imo. They have good threads, though.

Conservatives :bored:

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very active on their forum. I've been a member since 2012. The moderators don't play and take their jobs very seriously when it comes to trolls and spammers. That's one of the reasons I enjoy being on there. ;)

Hey now! We can play with the best of them... right?

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I go there occasionally, mostly to check out the "Guess the type" subforum. To be blunt, a lot of the forum's members are bad at typing characters. I don't always agree with typings people make here but not nearly to the same extent as on PerC. So many of them are just plain, flat out, extremely incorrect. I don't want to get into arguments over such a trivial thing as what MBTI type a character is so I don't bring it up there even though it bugs me.

On a positive note, most of the members are pretty nice.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I used to love that place especially since it introduced me to typology but now it's a shell of its former self. People making up and promoting their own theories and insecure jerks trying to demean each other by, yeah this is actually happening, assigning negative traits to certain types, etc. It's pathetic. And there's the fictional characters typing sub-forum which is a glorious mess of its own. Apparently, everything you do is influenced by cognition. If you refuse to kill your friend, you are probably an Fe dominant. There are a few great members but in general, PerC is moribund, even people there are realizing it. It's like the isolated wheel of a bicycle gradually rolling down a mountain. The ironic thing is that back when PerC was at its prime, it was also the shittiest when it came to having correct knowledge of Jungian functions and MBTI. Stereotypes and flawed descriptions abounded. Mistypes and lots of fake INFJs. Then there was this promising period where a shift in dynamics happened because of a few members taking the initiative to demolish the stereotypes once and for all, bringing enlightenment and shedding light on what the cognitive functions actually were. I guess most people weren't really interested in exploring what MBTI really was. This was when PerC began its decline. Pretty sad.

TopCatLSD

Oh PerC? Everyone loves me there! :D

^But then again, I'm too amazing to not like.

Sil

This is a test.

I'm a long term poster there. It's a nice place. There are a lot of good people and there are some great (mostly older) threads on the various type theories.

The site tends to get more of the first timers in terms of typology, so you tend to get a lot of repeat threads or misinformation in some sections (everybody has to start their type journey somewhere).

That said, there are some very knowledgeable people and some great resource if you're willing to dig around. Forum can be quiet at times, but overall it's pretty nice.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a long term poster there. It's a nice place. There are a lot of good people and there are some great (mostly older) threads on the various type theories.

The site tends to get more of the first timers in terms of typology, so you tend to get a lot of repeat threads or misinformation in some sections (everybody has to start their type journey somewhere).

That said, there are some very knowledgeable people and some great resource if you're willing to dig around. Forum can be quiet at times, but overall it's pretty nice.

It's a great resource...

Sil

This is a test.
It's a great resource...

You're not obligated to agree with me. But if you haven't spent time on there going through many of its sections, I don't really expect you'll understand what I mean.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're not obligated to agree with me. But if you haven't spent time on there going through many of its sections, I don't really expect you'll understand what I mean.

I'm agreeing. I've seen a lot of really good technical typology on there.