• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PersonalityCafe

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm, I haven't really checked out the ENTJ forum on PerC. *goes to look*

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The place is revolting. All the mods care about is groupthink. I just got an infraction when a gang of hags elicited a reaction out of me meanwhile one of them told to me to f off in my own thread and I reported it and nothing was done about it. She clearly must have been sleeping with one of the mods because she also told someone to shut up in another thread and still gets away scot-free.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hmm, I haven't really checked out the ENTJ forum on PerC. *goes to look*

Basically, they find the stereotype of ENTJ ti be so flattering that double down on it, making no effort to develop thier own personality.

They just posture about being so “ badass” and taking over the world. The women-I hate to say it-are the worst basically the optimoy of insecure, canibolising, catty house wives.

They really hate me, responding only when they want to bitch/nipt-pick something I’ve said. ( ex I posted in the “ angry rant” thread. One if many in a string if posts bitching about stupid shit, all of the previous were ignored or given a few likes. As soon as I posted, about 5 people came out of the woodwork, two were lurkers I had n3ver heard of before) to bitch at me for “ complaining) yeah, I don’t even know.) I hate to come to the most blatently self-serving reason but I really can think of no other; they hate that I am not exactly like them, that I refuse to get involved in thier pissy, catty little competitions. To be perfectly honest, they are all on my ignore list. ::laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The place is revolting. All the mods care about is groupthink. I just got an infraction when a gang of hags elicited a reaction out of me meanwhile one of them told to me to f off in my own thread and I reported it and nothing was done about it. She clearly must have been sleeping with one of the mods because she also told someone to shut up in another thread and still gets away scot-free.

Third wave feminism rules this forum. I could say more but I'm a white male - and they know it.

Lark

You guys are going the type an entire forum?! :hexer: :party2: :coffeelove: :rock: :yay:

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
About as childish as this forum, but I have more fun on there cause I like the bright platform lol.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the INTJ meme " We replace emotion with logic!"
While simultaniously arguing about really stupid shit that logic would dictate is not worth arguing over in the first place.

I remember pointing out the irony of this on the INTJf politics forum once, to no avail of course. Their positions are always so rationally defended, but almost never rationally derived. It's emotion that fundamentally motivates them to expend such energy on all that shit. The most rational thing they could do would be to find somewhere to maximally leverage their arguments, and that place wouldn't be a random internet forum in the middle of nowhere.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I "liked" this at first because I agree that it is a revolting place. Had to unlike because of your blaming others for your reaction.
YOU are responsible for your own reactions. No one forces you to react.

The mods there certainly are biased.
I've had people say things that were CLEARLY against the TOS and if I reported it, I got in trouble. One guy was clearly harassing me. I told him to leave me alone about a dozen times.. The mods only noticed after I threatened to tell an admin-something I only did after I saw precedence for it working in the infraction thread ( " This person is banned for continuing to harass even after they were threatened with being reported to admin.) I got in trouble for using them manipulate other members.

-Someone I'd never heard from before send some incredibly incendiary and discriminatory remarks about being disabled. I reported it, no one did anything.

-In the debate thread someone responded to a post with " You're a cretin." Nothing was done, even though people quite often receive infractions for "Debating" with nothing but insults.

_Another person who had been constantly harassing me posted inappropriate pictures of himself of himself on my wall. Surely, I though, this will result in SOME sort of action. It actually did! The mods finally responded "Just ignore him."They said. Nothing further was done.

They say that "discrimination" is not allowed but it's total bullshit.
People sometimes post things like " Growing up in a Christian house I was taught these things are a sin but I don't WANT to believe that so please educate me so I can understand."- banned for discrimination.

Saying all women are bitches who shouldn't have the right to vote because they are too incompetent and should only exist to suck their dick ( in far more colorful language) that's just an opinion so it's fine.
Screaming at disabled person for being "lazy" and a plague on society is obviously true so it's also fine.

Personality Truck Stop? It looks like the Vegas of personality forums with flashing adverts. Overflowing with militant hormone frazzled teenagers. I slowed down gawked at the ego train wreck before me, spotted the sign that read Next Personality Forum: 75 miles, threw on some tunes and rode on into the cool starlit night. :harley:

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I remember once they tried to raid my previous forum

Jaguar

The ads are worse than ever. How anyone can stand it, I'll never know.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"A hot mess".
User constantly demean each other. You have to act like the mbti description of a type to the tew to really be that type. They're full of bias. They see which type you are and insist that must mean this and this, and whatever you say gets ignored completely, because they don't care in the slightest about what the truth really is.
People hate on women with an intensity that is astonishing on threads all the time and the mods don't do anything against it. No wonder really, the only two members of the month talked about how they abused their partners in various ways till they left a former shadow of themselves, but at least they were asking for help in those threads. Too bad both of them ended them with "I'm just the way I am. It's too much of a bother to change. Especially for dumb women."
I clearly prefer typoC.

Tengri

I remember enjoying my stay there at one point, at least for the social aspect of it. At that point, there was a pretty active community of often international posters, rarities and oddities, and other interesting folks that shared their fun perspectives in a recent time when the internet was a slightly different place. Having stopped back in a few times in the interim, it feels...'young.' I can somewhat sympathize with this having really glomed on to typology in my early 20s in the midst of restless traveling, self-discovery, and identity formation, but sitting through it a second time and witnessing those stages from the outside is tiring, sadly. That said, PerC's current owner left a nice impression with customer service. They even helped me personally with account issues, which was surprising. Mod support in general was hit or miss however, as I found over the course of random years that they ranged from very decent human beings to full on Stanford prison experiment. Looking at some of the posters at the beginning of this thread

Other quibbles that ranged from amusing to mildly irritating: the UI hasn't been updated since circa 2010 (the excitement was real then); the site chugs along like it's running on Vista; rampant, insecure, unadulterated classism (intuitives and their magic, sensors and their rock-solid sense); the *ahem* colorful ads and Swiss cheese privacy policy; and that it played like a roleplay server.
Criticisms aside, I actually learned a lot about myself from interaction with others often wildly different than myself, the friends that I made, and the intellectual outlet of everything in between. Despite the listed downsides, I appreciate that PerC felt far more inclusive and less top-down (than say the gated communities of INFJs and INTJ Forum) and made a slightly chaotic social interchange the route of self-discovery and growth. Bit of a ghost town now, though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I really wish they'd fix the infrastructure and site tech, and the ads are annoying. But that's why the outside company bought the site some years back. Mod Staff are members and have no financial gain, the site belongs to a company that owns a ton of sites and thus is viewing it as revenue generation. The folks I know from VS were decent people (the reps who worked with us), but the site was always breaking and the fixes or upgrades were never under our control. The entire tech platform really needed replaced but they didnt seem to want to invest.

Jaguar

Yeah, I really wish they'd fix the infrastructure and site tech, and the ads are annoying. But that's why the outside company bought the site some years back. Mod Staff are members and have no financial gain, the site belongs to a company that owns a ton of sites and thus is viewing it as revenue generation. The folks I know from VS were decent people (the reps who worked with us), but the site was always breaking and the fixes or upgrades were never under our control. The entire tech platform really needed replaced but they didnt seem to want to invest.

I didn't know that. But if they are generating revenue and not paying mods, someone should email them and call them cheap pricks.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't know that. But if they are generating revenue and not paying mods, someone should email them and call them cheap pricks.

Can't argue with that.

Yeah, Happy (the original creator) cashed out in 2011, I think, to a revenue-generating umbrella company (owning a bunch of sites); and then they packaged the site up along with some other sites to sell to yet another similar company in 2013 or something.

I mean, mods here don't get paid either, but then again there aren't ads at this site and Highlander isn't trying to make money. I think the staff over there is basically operating on the premise of "at least outsiders aren't coming in to run our site, they're happy to let the members run it and not interfering with our culture."