User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: PersonalityCafe

MBTI
    INfP

I go there occasionally, mostly to check out the "Guess the type" subforum. To be blunt, a lot of the forum's members are bad at typing characters. I don't always agree with typings people make here but not nearly to the same extent as on PerC. So many of them are just plain, flat out, extremely incorrect. I don't want to get into arguments over such a trivial thing as what MBTI type a character is so I don't bring it up there even though it bugs me.

On a positive note, most of the members are pretty nice.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I used to love that place especially since it introduced me to typology but now it's a shell of its former self. People making up and promoting their own theories and insecure jerks trying to demean each other by, yeah this is actually happening, assigning negative traits to certain types, etc. It's pathetic. And there's the fictional characters typing sub-forum which is a glorious mess of its own. Apparently, everything you do is influenced by cognition. If you refuse to kill your friend, you are probably an Fe dominant. There are a few great members but in general, PerC is moribund, even people there are realizing it. It's like the isolated wheel of a bicycle gradually rolling down a mountain. The ironic thing is that back when PerC was at its prime, it was also the shittiest when it came to having correct knowledge of Jungian functions and MBTI. Stereotypes and flawed descriptions abounded. Mistypes and lots of fake INFJs. Then there was this promising period where a shift in dynamics happened because of a few members taking the initiative to demolish the stereotypes once and for all, bringing enlightenment and shedding light on what the cognitive functions actually were. I guess most people weren't really interested in exploring what MBTI really was. This was when PerC began its decline. Pretty sad.

Oh PerC? Everyone loves me there!

^But then again, I'm too amazing to not like.
    ~ F*ck this place that we call home! ~
    Likes TreeBob liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I don't know where I would place this, but what is your experience with PerC? How is the friendliness there? I just made an account there. Generally I like the thing I do first, so I think I'll always prefer TC.

But anyways. Yeah. What do you think of the folks over there?
    I'm a long term poster there. It's a nice place. There are a lot of good people and there are some great (mostly older) threads on the various type theories.

The site tends to get more of the first timers in terms of typology, so you tend to get a lot of repeat threads or misinformation in some sections (everybody has to start their type journey somewhere).

That said, there are some very knowledgeable people and some great resource if you're willing to dig around. Forum can be quiet at times, but overall it's pretty nice.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    I'm a long term poster there. It's a nice place. There are a lot of good people and there are some great (mostly older) threads on the various type theories.

The site tends to get more of the first timers in terms of typology, so you tend to get a lot of repeat threads or misinformation in some sections (everybody has to start their type journey somewhere).

That said, there are some very knowledgeable people and some great resource if you're willing to dig around. Forum can be quiet at times, but overall it's pretty nice.
    It's a great resource...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's a great resource...
    You're not obligated to agree with me. But if you haven't spent time on there going through many of its sections, I don't really expect you'll understand what I mean.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    You're not obligated to agree with me. But if you haven't spent time on there going through many of its sections, I don't really expect you'll understand what I mean.
    I'm agreeing. I've seen a lot of really good technical typology on there.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    Hey now! We can play with the best of them... right?
    Your username looks very familiar. So does your type. Are you from Personality Cafe?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Heart View Post
    Your username looks very familiar. So does your type. Are you from Personality Cafe?
    Look me up there and see
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Sil, highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    Look me up there and see
    Ahh... my suspicions are confirmed.

As for your signature, you could always get new ones.