Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Default Sex and the City

Any fans? Types of the main cast? I definitely have my opinions but they will only be revealed by way of expressing agreement or disagreement to any opinions put forth by others in regards to this aging, increasingly obscure series (sadly).

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    Any fans? Types of the main cast? I definitely have my opinions but they will only be revealed by way of expressing agreement or disagreement to any opinions put forth by others in regards to this aging, increasingly obscure series (sadly).
    Why do you feel the need to obscure your opinions? The show isn't really my cup of tea, but by all means, share!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Why do you feel the need to obscure your opinions? The show isn't really my cup of tea, but by all means, share!
    If you insist.

Carrie- ENFP
    Samantha- ESTP
    Miranda- ENTJ
    Charlotte- ESFJ
    Big- ISTP
    Stanford- ENTP
    Aiden- INFP
    Steve- ESFP
    Trey- ISFJ
    Harry- ESTJ
    Richard Wright- ENTJ
    Smith- ISFP
    Leeds- ENFJ
    Magda- ISTJ
    Berger- INTP
    Petrovsky- ENTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Similar typings for most main characters. The only is Big as anything but a TJ (ISTP???), and the Russian as an extrovert and not an NF.

Carrie- ENFP
    Samantha- ESTP
    Miranda- ENTJ
    Charlotte- ESFJ
    Big- eNTJ, maybe INTJ
    Stanford- ExxP, maybe ENFP
    Aiden- ISFP
    Steve- ESFP
    Trey- ISFJ
    Harry - ESFJ
    Richard Wright- ENTJ
    Smith- ISFP
    Magda- ISTJ
    Berger- ENTP
    Petrovsky- INFJ
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Similar typings for most main characters. The only is Big as anything but a TJ (ISTP???), and the Russian as an extrovert and not an NF.

Carrie- ENFP
    Samantha- ESTP
    Miranda- ENTJ
    Charlotte- ESFJ
    Big- eNTJ, maybe INTJ
    Stanford- ExxP, maybe ENFP
    Aiden- ISFP
    Steve- ESFP
    Trey- ISFJ
    Harry - ESFJ
    Richard Wright- ENTJ
    Smith- ISFP
    Magda- ISTJ
    Berger- ENTP
    Petrovsky- INFJ
    Aiden is Si over Se & remember that episode where he was acting all wacky comparing himself to the green Lanturn & Big to Batman? Ne af so that's why I think INFP over S.

Big seems very introverted, albeit very comfortable in his own skin which can be mistaken for extroversion. Almost never seen interacting socially with anyone but Carrie. E is out of the question for me. Also, I detect not an iota of Fi in him, not even as an inferior function. He has a playful, easygoing charm, a trademark of the SP temperament and can be a sarcastic, calculating critic when it comes to matters of spirituality and the heart (Ti).

I can definitely see Stanford being ENFP, which could be why he and Carrie click so well.

Petrovsky an INFJ...eh idk..could you explain this one please? He was my least Favorite character so I never paid him too much attention, though the inventiveness required to excel at his craft made me think Ne, in particular NTP.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Carrie - ENFP
    Samantha - ESTJ
    Miranda - INTJ
    Charlotte - ISFJ
    Big - INTJ
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Aiden is Si over Se & remember that episode where he was acting all wacky comparing himself to the green Lanturn & Big to Batman? Ne af so that's why I think INFP over S.
    INFPs aren't Si types though, and this only argues he is a sensing type if he characterized more by a sensing function. I could see ISFJ for him over INFP too, being that he is too earthy to be an INFP. I don't see Ne...being playful & sometimes using wacky analogy is not Ne, and it can be how inferior Ne plays out (in humor or when frustrated, not as a life strategy). I realize he is e9 and people think e9=INFP.

Big seems very introverted, albeit very comfortable in his own skin which can be mistaken for extroversion. Almost never seen interacting socially with anyone but Carrie. E is out of the question for me. Also, I detect not an iota of Fi in him, not even as an inferior function. He has a playful, easygoing charm, a trademark of the SP temperament and can be a sarcastic, calculating critic when it comes to matters of spirituality and the heart (Ti).
    The only reason I'd go with ENTJ over INTJ for him is because of appearance of inferior Fi, and he does seem more T-dom. He does have poor Fi; devaluing subjective manners of determining value over objective methods of measuring stuff, as if the personal is silly, is very inferior Fi. However, all P types will tend to value subjective reasoning methods as long as they are consistent in themselves, whether Ti or Fi. Contrary to popular belief, Ti is not "objective", but it's subjective in that the subject assigns validity to their individual premise without immediate need of fact to support it.

I don't see Ti or nearly enough Se for him to be ISTP. He doesn't show any motivation for understanding fundamental systems or creating his own systems, but rather aligning his own actions logical cause and effect so as to achieve a goal. That's Te - figure out how to go from A to B to get a result, but the desire behind a goal is the weakness (if it has Fi reasoning, then it gets dismissed as useless, but of course it sneaks in unconsciously). The main wedge between him and the female lead is that he doesn't want to validate his own feelings/needs, whereas IxTPs don't want to validate the common social methods of establishing values and meeting needs. The latter is seen more in Te-dom.

I think his enneagram is 3w4, which is why he appears ambiguous in terms of I/E, but that e-type is also better suited to eNTJ.

Petrovsky an INFJ...eh idk..could you explain this one please? He was my least Favorite character so I never paid him too much attention, though the inventiveness required to excel at his craft made me think Ne, in particular NTP.
    I know more about MBTI/Jungian theory than this show*, but from all I saw, he seemed introverted (locking himself into a room for days to work, if I recall), very private about his ideas (NPs are more willing to share the process), but not private about his feelings (expressive, opinionated, like it's obvious and not "personal", but still a human-oriented outlook = Fe aux). He seemed pretty rigid and to have singular visions, which points more to Ni than Ne too. He didn't seem knowledge or mastery driven, but driven to express and explore human experience in an abstract way (NF over NT). Also an obvious enneagram 4, which makes NT unlikely.

* @riva 's rep, I hardly watch TV & never made a point to watch this show, but my mom regularly watched the edited re-runs of this while making dinner, and I'd be hanging out in the common area of the house (where the computer was located :P ), so I'd see it in the background. That's essentially how I acquire like 90% of my knowledge of mainstream pop culture, recent news, and everything else outside my rock.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

INFPs aren't Si types though, and this only argues he is a sensing type if he characterized more by a sensing function. I could see ISFJ for him over INFP too, being that he is too earthy to be an INFP. I don't see Ne...being playful & sometimes using wacky analogy is not Ne, and it can be how inferior Ne plays out (in humor or when frustrated, not as a life strategy). I realize he is e9 and people think e9=INFP.

The only reason I'd go with ENTJ over INTJ for him is because of appearance of inferior Fi, and he does seem more T-dom. He does have poor Fi; devaluing subjective manners of determining value over objective methods of measuring stuff, as if the personal is silly, is very inferior Fi. However, all P types will tend to value subjective reasoning methods as long as they are consistent in themselves, whether Ti or Fi. Contrary to popular belief, Ti is not "objective", but it's subjective in that the subject assigns validity to their individual premise without immediate need of fact to support it.

I don't see Ti or nearly enough Se for him to be ISTP. He doesn't show any motivation for understanding fundamental systems or creating his own systems, but rather aligning his own actions logical cause and effect so as to achieve a goal. That's Te - figure out how to go from A to B to get a result, but the desire behind a goal is the weakness (if it has Fi reasoning, then it gets dismissed as useless, but of course it sneaks in unconsciously). The main wedge between him and the female lead is that he doesn't want to validate his own feelings/needs, whereas IxTPs don't want to validate the common social methods of establishing values and meeting needs. The latter is seen more in Te-dom.

I think his enneagram is 3w4, which is why he appears ambiguous in terms of I/E, but that e-type is also better suited to eNTJ.

I know more about MBTI/Jungian theory than this show*, but from all I saw, he seemed introverted (locking himself into a room for days to work, if I recall), very private about his ideas (NPs are more willing to share the process), but not private about his feelings (expressive, opinionated, like it's obvious and not "personal", but still a human-oriented outlook = Fe aux). He seemed pretty rigid and to have singular visions, which points more to Ni than Ne too. He didn't seem knowledge or mastery driven, but driven to express and explore human experience in an abstract way (NF over NT). Also an obvious enneagram 4, which makes NT unlikely.

* @riva 's rep, I hardly watch TV & never made a point to watch this show, but my mom regularly watched the edited re-runs of this while making dinner, and I'd be hanging out in the common area of the house (where the computer was located :P ), so I'd see it in the background. That's essentially how I acquire like 90% of my knowledge of mainstream pop culture, recent news, and everything else outside my rock.
    But..INFPs are Si types..its their 3rd function

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

But..INFPs are Si types..its their 3rd function
    That makes them NOT a Si type. The type is defined by the dominant and its relationship to the inferior (the inferior function does not define the ego either), and to some extent, the auxiliary has an influence on the ego. The tertiary is the least definitive, IMO. If someone is characterized by Si, then they are not an INFP.

Si types are ISxJs, and perhaps ESxJs. IxxPs dont have a Pi attitude.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

That makes them NOT a Si type. The type is defined by the dominant and its relationship to the inferior (the inferior function does not define the ego either), and to some extent, the auxiliary has an influence on the ego. The tertiary is the least definitive, IMO. If someone is characterized by Si, then they are not an INFP.
    I disagree I think the type is defined by which functions they use period.