User Tag List

First 456

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    It's an illogical question. The answer is moot and irrelevant. Everything about the character says to me that he would respond as I used to "define 'happy'".
    That seems a reasonable assumption and a rather obvious answer for anyone that believes to be different from the people surrounding them. But I think it says very little on his type apart from him likely being a dominant thinker and a bit of an oddball.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That seems a reasonable assumption and a rather obvious answer for anyone that believes to be different from the people surrounding them. But I think it says very little on his type apart from him likely being a dominant thinker and a bit of an oddball.
    Isn't "oddball" normally a description assigned to a P?

I'm curious because we seem to be circling the same drain but getting to two different places.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bilbotook View Post
    Some of you might know about zobiesruineverything who always provides great explanations for his typing. I would say about 80% of everything he says I agree with. So now, I'll let him do the talking. In the link below is his explanation why he thinks Sherlock is an INTP.

MBTI: Sherlock Holmes- INTP | Zombies Ruin Everything
    I actually follow this guy's blog. His writing-style is awesome; really clever and down-to-earth.
    Last edited by Studmuffin23; 03-21-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    Likes BluRoses, bilbotook liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I never thought of sherlock as an INTP, both in literature as well as movies.

Te-Fi seems much more fitting than Ti-Fe.
    Explain how.

Ti describes Sherlock to a T. He withdraws from the object, abstracts it. His judgments are not objective.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

An Example of Using the Function-Attitudes

Here is an example of how you might use all of the mental functions in their attitudes at the grocery store for a dinner party you are planning :

As you drive to the store, you have formed an internal image of how the party will look (Introverted iNtuition).
    You get to the store and you see that the tomatoes do not look ripe (Extraverted Sensing).
    You determine you will forgo the tomato salad since you want your friends to feel good (Extraverted Feeling).
    You immediately start to brainstorm other options as you move through the produce isle (Extraverted iNtuition) while examining the other vegetables (Extraverted Sensing).
    You pass the blueberries and recall the documentary you just saw on child labor in blueberry fields (Introverted Sensing).
    That treatment of children is inexcusable, so you decide not to purchase the blueberries to make the blueberry tart you had thought about (Introverted Feeling).
    You pass the bakery and see a carrot cake (Extraverted Sensing) that takes you back to the birthday dinner your mom made for you last year (Introverted Sensing).
    You look at your watch and determine that you had better move a bit faster as you have only a couple of hours left to prepare (Extraverted Thinking).
    You turn your attention to your thoughts to internally structure the rest of your day (Introverted Thinking).

- See more at: Carl Jung & Psychological Types | MBTI® Type Today
    I think different actors portray Sherlock and Batman differently, not to even mention comic books.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I think different actors portray Sherlock and Batman differently, not to even mention comic books.
    True. The Robert Downey version of sherlock has taken me a long while to consider accepting and even then my brain treats it as a different character who just happens to share the same name.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes BluRoses liked this post