First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Sorry, but there's no way Holmes is an extrovert. He has a preference for quiet and solitude, and he absolutely needs to be alone at times. That's when he does his best thinking.

He also doesn't have the social skills or charisma of an ENTJ. Or the ambition, for that matter. In his own words, he is "the most incurably lazy devil that ever stood in shoe leather."
    I don't think this is the best way to type, but I agree he can't be an ENTJ. He most definitely uses Ti, Ne, and Si. He is literally drawing objective connections based on subjective past impressions and filtering his interpretation through his own personal logic.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Which version of Batman are we talking about? I use to read the comics and he always struck me as an intuitive.
    Every version of Batman is an INTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bilbotook View Post
    Every version of Batman is an INTJ.
    George Clooney's struck me as Te-dom, but I'd have to rewatch.

Which reminds me. Let me just leave this gem.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by star tripper View Post
    George Clooney's struck me as Te-dom, but I'd have to rewatch.

Which reminds me. Let me just leave this gem.

I prefer to forget about the Clooney Batman. And the Val Kilmer Batman for that matter.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

I prefer to forget about the Clooney Batman. And the Val Kilmer Batman for that matter.
    Aww, that's no fun! Although I really can't blame you. I still see those Batnipples every time I close my eyes.
    Likes bilbotook liked this post

Batman is an ISTJ. He makes trillions of plans for situations that might possibly happen, he's bound by a sense of duty, and he's procedural.

That said, I do agree with a lot of your analysis. It hammers down the difference between Ti and Te.
    Si could have never learned all of the things Batman learned the way Ni could. As I said in the post, he learned almost every martial art. Also, while an ISTJ always follows protocol, Batman uses his own understanding making him an INTJ. BTW, Please tell me that you guys read the whole thing. My rational would make much more sense if you did.
    - he strictly follows his procedures
    - he makes contingency plans for ludicrous hypotheticals

- he is compelled by a strong sense of duty that even overrides his self-preservation instincts
    - he makes connections by running details by his personalized HIGHLY ESOTERIC database
    - he is entirely motivated by an event from the past he can't get over

If those aren't Si stereotypes on steroids, I don't know what is.
    Well if you take the MBTI ISTJ and compare it with SLI ISTp from Socionics, it has Te+, whereas INTJ (ILI INTp) has Te-.

Plus and Minus Elements

Te+ is more focused on following procedures and rules as well as active acquisition. Te- in the INTJs is more focused on disregarding any information or procedure that serves no immediate purpose or value.

Te- tends to fare better in situations where it must survive in the most adverse conditions possible, rather than active, progressive acquisition and management that Te+ tends to favor.

Te+, I think, is more responsible for the association of the ISTJ with rigid adherence to structure and procedure than we stereotypically associate with Si; Te-'s disregard of vestigial systems is often used to distinguish an INTJ.

What you said about "contingency plans for ludicrous hypotheticals" actually sounds most like Ni- associated with the Beta Quadra, while INTJ has Ni+, more focused on deliberate growth and progress into the future.
    Ni- is about anticipating possible future threats and escaping them which may suggest Batman is a Beta rather than Gamma or Delta, likely LSI ISTj (ISTP in MBTI.)
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Aww, that's no fun! Although I really can't blame you. I still see those Batnipples every time I close my eyes.
    I'm laughing my head off right now.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Well if you take the MBTI ISTJ and compare it with SLI ISTp from Socionics, it has Te+, whereas INTJ (ILI INTp) has Te-.

Te+ is more focused on following procedures and rules as well as active acquisition. Te- in the INTJs is more focused on disregarding any information or procedure that serves no immediate purpose or value.

Te- tends to fare better in situations where it must survive in the most adverse conditions possible, rather than active, progressive acquisition and management that Te+ tends to favor.

Te+, I think, is more responsible for the association of the ISTJ with rigid adherence to structure and procedure; Te-'s disregard of vestigial systems is often used to distinguish an INTJ.

What you said about "contingency plans for ludicrous hypotheticals" actually sounds most like Ni- associated with the Beta Quadra, while INTJ has Ni+, more focused on deliberate growth and progress into the future.
    Ni- is about anticipating possible future threats and escaping them which may suggest Batman is a Beta rather than Gamma or Delta, likely LSI ISTj (ISTP in MBTI.)
    Nah, contingency plans for ludicrous hypotheticals is, at least in MBTI, 100% associated with inferior Ne. Ne comes up with a bunch of ridiculous what-ifs in an Si-dom, so the Si-dom plans for these scenarios. Ni is much more honed. Ni users catch on to the one thing that is most definitely going to happen (hence the ridiculous stereotype that they're psychic) and plan accordingly. I don't necessarily have an opinion on his type, but Walter White's actions in the season 4 finale of Breaking Bad would be an example of Ni.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Moreso than usual, you cannot type Batman. He's acting based on trauma and that changes the expression of your type, sometimes radically.

Another thing, you make mention that both are highly intelligent, so you not think that brain power extends to type? If you have an ESTJ who is brilliant, don't you think they'd be able to build a decent level of intuition? What about feeling?

Homes, in canonical terms, is an INTP.

Btw how come no one questions why an INTJ would care so much about a city almost determined to self destruct? Seems a bit odd to miss that facet.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Moreso than usual, you cannot type Batman. He's acting based on trauma and that changes the expression of your type, sometimes radically.

Another thing, you make mention that both are highly intelligent, so you not think that brain power extends to type? If you have an ESTJ who is brilliant, don't you think they'd be able to build a decent level of intuition? What about feeling?

Homes, in canonical terms, is an INTP.

Btw how come no one questions why an INTJ would care so much about a city almost determined to self destruct? Seems a bit odd to miss that facet.
    I don't think it's right to stereotype INTJ's as being evil or not in any way good. Actually, INTJ's have a very, very wide view of the world, because of their Ni, making them extremely concerned.