User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default ENFJs in popular culture

Thought I would make one of these threads for my extroverted counterparts.

Fictional

Cleopatra- Antony and Cleopatra

Marty Mcfly- Back To The Future

Woody- Toy Story

Jay Gatsby- The Great Gatsby

Captain Long John Silver- Treasure Island

John-Boy Walton- The Waltons

Lorelai Gilmore- Gilmore Girls

Celebrities

Oprah Winfrey

Jimmy Buffett

Reese Witherspoon
    Likes bilbotook liked this post

MBTI
    INfP

Tarrlok from Legend of Korra is an ENFJ villain. Love him.

edit: Speaking of LoK, Suyin is another ENFJ from the show. Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender may also be one, it's a popular typing for him though I personally see him as something else.
    Likes Studmuffin23 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Regina George from Mean Girls.
    @Hard
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Hard, Studmuffin23 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Regina George from Mean Girls.
    @Hard
    When it's time to take care of business and heads need to roll, she is my spirit animal .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

your resident asshole

Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Thought I would make one of these threads for my extroverted counterparts.

Fictional

Cleopatra- Antony and Cleopatra

Marty Mcfly- Back To The Future

Woody- Toy Story

Jay Gatsby- The Great Gatsby

Captain Long John Silver- Treasure Island

John-Boy Walton- The Waltons

Lorelai Gilmore- Gilmore Girls
    Some interesting suggestions. I think Gatsby is a INFJ and Woody is a ESFJ, but I'm intrigued by the thought of Long John Silver and Marty McFly being ENFJ - I hadn't considered them. I'm compiling large list of fictional characters for each type (I won't dump it here it's too long), so I might think on it and possibly add them to the list. I need more positive examples of the type.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Some interesting suggestions. I think Gatsby is a INFJ and Woody is a ESFJ, but I'm intrigued by the thought of Long John Silver and Marty McFly being ENFJ - I hadn't considered them. I'm compiling large list of fictional characters for each type (I won't dump it here it's too long), so I might think on it and possibly add them to the list. I need more positive examples of the type.
    Really? That's awesome! I have a blog where I type fictional characters by MBTI preference (used to do it by cognitive function, but that method was too unstable); would be glad to lend you my character list for whatever type you need.

I had originally typed Gatsby as INFJ myself, but after re-reading the novel, I began to see how outgoing and sociable he is. The guy needs constant human interaction, throwing huge parties at his house for complete strangers, renting out rooms to tenants and socializing with them, having to "talk out" his problems with Nick, etc.

Gatsby is also highly manipulative, confrontational, and assertive. Plus, his role in the novel is very similar to what ENFJs do in real life: using warmth and persuasion to get people to cooperate for a cause.

Not really certain about Woody. That's just a guess based on the portions of Toy Story that I've seen.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Really? That's awesome! I have a blog where I type fictional characters by MBTI preference (used to do it by cognitive function, but that method was too unstable); would be glad to lend you my character list for whatever type you need.
    I'd definitely like to have a look at it. I might not necessarily agree with all of them but it's useful to see a good list.

I had originally typed Gatsby as INFJ myself, but after re-reading the novel, I began to see how outgoing and sociable he is. The guy needs constant human interaction, throwing huge parties at his house for complete strangers, renting out rooms to tenants and socializing with them, having to "talk out" his problems with Nick, etc.

Gatsby is also highly manipulative, confrontational, and assertive. Plus, his role in the novel is very similar to what ENFJs do in real life: using warmth and persuasion to get people to cooperate for a cause.
    TBH I haven't read the book and have only seen the movie - I'm not sure how much they differ. It seemed to me that he was quite reserved and kept a lot to himself despite being warm and friendly. He threw parties but was never at them. Also I think he connected to Nick and felt he was a sympathetic listener, but wasn't naturally open about his feelings the rest of the time. Also the degree that he focused on getting his world into a specific order and created the exact sort of lifestyle/person before finding daisy seemed more like a Ni-dom. Je doms act first and use an emerging plan as they go along. Pi doms get a plan perfectly in place and then take to action.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'd definitely like to have a look at it. I might not necessarily agree with all of them but it's useful to see a good list.

TBH I haven't read the book and have only seen the movie - I'm not sure how much they differ. It seemed to me that he was quite reserved and kept a lot to himself despite being warm and friendly. He threw parties but was never at them. Also I think he connected to Nick and felt he was a sympathetic listener, but wasn't naturally open about his feelings the rest of the time. Also the degree that he focused on getting his world into a specific order and created the exact sort of lifestyle/person before finding daisy seemed more like a Ni-dom. Je doms act first and use an emerging plan as they go along. Pi doms get a plan perfectly in place and then take to action.
    That's kind of funny; I've read the book but never seen the movie (at least not the DiCaprio version). My humble opinion is that NJ types tend to operate in basically the same way: taking action (Judging) to realize their dreams (Intuition), with ENxJs being more aggressive and bold in how they go about it. I can't imagine an INxJ confronting Tom Buchanan the way Gatsby did (especially not an INFJ). But then again, just my opinion.

I'm sure that you won't agree with all of the typings on my list, but they might give you some ideas. My blog contains a lot of well-known characters that have been overlook by MBTI enthusiasts, such as Hamlet, Captain Nemo, Nancy Drew, Odysseus, and others, so it might give you some new ones to consider.

I'll send it in a private message.
    Likes Southern Kross liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by big sexy View Post
    Tarrlok from Legend of Korra is an ENFJ villain. Love him.

edit: Speaking of LoK, Suyin is another ENFJ from the show. Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender may also be one, it's a popular typing for him though I personally see him as something else.
    Just to add, I personally see Jinora from LoK as an ENFJ too. Most people say INFJ though. Not sure about Suyin but I agree with Tarrlok and Iroh.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so