User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I read it and I couldn't figure out if whoever was writing it was a guy or a girl. One day everything would point female and then the next post would say something that would make me question. Is it two people or one?
    A woman named Charity serves as the head moderator (and founder) of the blog. She has other mods who take up some of the workload, I think. They might be male.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I read it. I dropped it when Charlie from Perks was typed ISTJ.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes ChrisTheRipper liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I read it. I dropped it when Charlie from Perks was typed ISTJ.
    Or when Hannibal Lecter from "Hannibal" was typed as an INFJ when he is an INTJ in my view.

When you have to type a lot of characters at once you tend to get them wrong often, since they just become pictures on the background of many other characters, so you tend to find it harder to zoom in. Also I think the person behind the typings is an INFJ, since so much information is generalized without too much evidence. (hence inferior Se) She should really let experienced INTPs or INFPs do the typing. I think many people will be confused with their typings next to hers since her blog is organized, very well constructed and gives the air of authority - some mbti enthusiasts won't even question her results...
    In contrast to that I would say her theory explanations without giving examples in regards to cognitive functions are quite good. I also appreciate her helping other people with typing, although I am not sure how accurate it is and subsequently to what extent it can backfire.
    Likes Masokissed, wolfnara, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

It's really fun to read fictional character typings. She has come up with a lot of ideas with the functions and I admire the effort put in to help people find their type. I've seen her account but i'm not telling what her username is She is an ISFJ I think. Some of the typings are spot on and others are completely off. As for the function descriptions I think they need some improvement, but they're not bad. Many people say they learned MBTI from there so that must be a good thing.

I am really poor at reasoning about fictional types (a la inferior te) so its wrong for me to be critical of someone else.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg
    Likes ChrisTheRipper, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Indeed it is fun, I never thought getting in somebody's skin could be this exciting, especially when you have theories that seem to actually work in practice. Yeah, I think someone should reason with her and with the right arguments to persuade her to change some of the typings (definitely not me, because I am too lazy ;p)
    I think she tested as an ISFJ but is actually a Ni dom, it's how I see it - her coming out with an a-ha idea, then synthesizing it so that it would be a short but convincing read for blog visitors. I think an ISFJ's focus on details would manifest itself a lot more than the blog shows. Good Fe users also may sometimes not be able to "identify" themselves properly, unconsciously mimicking patterns of behavior of others. But then again, I have seen it written somewhere about her thinking that she is an ISFJ, and who am I to speak of her cognition with such confidence?

At least there is evidence she helped somebody.

Hmm, then how come I sound so critical about her when I am supposedly an INFP? Hmm...
    Last edited by ChrisTheRipper; 09-22-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Enneagram
    5w4

There's some interesting analyses , nevertheless , we can find a lot of crap.
    Likes ChrisTheRipper, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I used to browse it often, now not so much. I like the fun there is in typing fictional characters; there were some typings of hers that I agreed with a lot and some that I just did not understand at all.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I check it out often. I remember one person typed a character (i forgot their name since I don't watch the show) as an si aux because they were confused about being turned into a mermaid. I guess they were trying to say she didn't like change? But anyway I'm pretty sure anyone would be shocked if they turned into a mermaid. So some of this stuff is definitely bs.

I really like the Mikasa analysis though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I know this is pure gossiping but

I don't agree with the mod's type. There is so much Fe in her posts, yet she seems to have abandoned her previous ISFJ typing and changed to ENFP. She claims she is Fi in a post because she doesn't talk about her feelings ever but then continues by expressing her thoughts and experiences with other people which doesn't include personal, subjective feelings at all. You can see Fe in the way she writes.

Also, about funkymbti itself, I really enjoy browsing the site and it's massive database of characters. The mod is a talented writer which really proves an advantage in the explanations of the function descriptions. The one thing I find myself disagreeing with is...Si. Every character typing I have seen on there seems to understand Si as being tied to their past, which is a vast simplification of introverted sensing as a function. How can anyone relate to it when it is described as remembering and nothing else?

However, the blog does seem to have a succinct understanding of the other functions. I'm very glad that the mod has acknowledged that daenerys is an xSFP (I typed her as an ISFP) I mean, sure having a blog doesn't make the mod an authority or anything, but to those who are very new to the mbti theory, it would come in very useful for them.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I have it open in my tabs right now

Hmm, when I first encountered that blog, I strongly disagreed with many of the typings and more. But after some time passed, I realized that in the end, those are her opinions and I have mine. Now I think she's very knowledgeable on her stuff. Plus I could kind of understand her type-hopping. That was definitely me a year ago.

I've seen the founder around on other forums, but I haven't actually talked to her.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so