User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 65

  1. #1
    just some guy bilbotook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    279

    Default INFP's in popular culture

    I've been really excited to do this one since I am an INFP myself. I was going to do it last but I got way too impatient so here is my list of fictional INFP's and hopefully other INFP's relate to then like I do.

    Frodo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings
    Amy Pond from Doctor Who
    The Mad Hatter from Batman
    Henry from Once Upon a Time
    Max Dillon/Electro from Spider Man
    Belle from Beauty and the Beast
    Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes
    Scarface from Batman
    Violet from The Incredibles

    And then there are a few real INFP's that I know:

    William Shakespeare - Playwright/Poet
    J.R.R. Tolkien - Author
    Vincent Van Gogh - Painter
    C.S. Lewis - Author/Philosopher
    Peter Jackson - Movie Director
    Rich Mullins - Singer/Song Wrighter

    So, as usual, do you agree and who are INFP's that you know.
    Likes Studmuffin23, Punderstorm liked this post

  2. #2
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Lexie Grey from Grey's Anatomy!

    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #3
    Senior Member Studmuffin23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Great job! Here's a few more.

    Fictional Characters

    Anne Shirley- Anne of Green Gables

    Daenerys Targaryen (book version)- Game of Thrones

    Princess Buttercup- The Princess Bride

    Pam Beesly- The Office

    Kip- Napoleon Dynamite

    T. E. Lawrence- Lawrence of Arabia

    History and pop-culture


    Johnny Depp

    Chris Martin- Lead singer of Coldplay (my best guess for his type)

    Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha)

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Virginia Woolf

    Joan of Arc
    Likes bilbotook, Punderstorm liked this post

  4. #4
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    angela chase from my so-called life and claire fischer from six feet under

    both angsty red-headed 4w5s

    Likes melomania, bilbotook, mirrorghost liked this post

  5. #5
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Father Francis Mulcahy from M*A*S*H seems like an INFP to me.

    Also mentioned elsewhere, but Dr. Carson Beckett from Stargate Atlantis. (Gosh, he's adorable.)

  6. #6
    just some guy bilbotook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Great job! Here's a few more.

    Fictional Characters

    Anne Shirley- Anne of Green Gables

    Daenerys Targaryen (book version)- Game of Thrones

    Princess Buttercup- The Princess Bride

    Pam Beesly- The Office

    Kip- Napoleon Dynamite

    T. E. Lawrence- Lawrence of Arabia

    History and pop-culture


    Johnny Depp

    Chris Martin- Lead singer of Coldplay (my best guess for his type)

    Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha)

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Virginia Woolf

    Joan of Arc
    I think most of these are accurate, but Gandhi seems more like an INFJ. But you might be right.
    Likes Studmuffin23 liked this post

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    John Milton, author of Paradise Lost.

  8. #8
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    @Evee from Typology Central
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #9
    Senior Member Studmuffin23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbotook View Post
    I think most of these are accurate, but Gandhi seems more like an INFJ. But you might be right.
    That's a really important point to bring up.

    People usually type Gandhi that way because of his worldview, which has a very INFJ vibe, but the man himself was an INFP. Gandhi's ideology, however, actually did originate from an INFJ mind; a mind by the name of Leo Tolstoy.

    Tolstoy saw the deeper, symbolic meaning (Ni) behind his Christian faith (love, pacifism, forgiveness, compassion, gentleness), and championed it as his vision for humanity (Fe) through numerous spiritual writings.

    After exploring numerous ideals and intellectual theories (Ne) ("My experiments with truth"), Gandhi finally found an ideology that corresponded with his personal values (Fi) in Tolstoy's writings.

    So most of the time when people type Gandhi, they are actually typing the Tolstoyan influence behind his life and ideals.

    Come to think of it, a comparison of Gandhi and Tolstoy is a great way to contrast INFJs and INFPs. They both championed the same basic ideology, but went about it in radically different ways. I'll have to start another thread for that discussion.

  10. #10
    just some guy bilbotook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    That's a really important point to bring up.

    People usually type Gandhi that way because of his worldview, which has a very INFJ vibe, but the man himself was an INFP. Gandhi's ideology, however, actually did originate from an INFJ mind; a mind by the name of Leo Tolstoy.

    Tolstoy saw the deeper, symbolic meaning (Ni) behind his Christian faith (love, pacifism, forgiveness, compassion, gentleness), and championed it as his vision for humanity (Fe) through numerous spiritual writings.

    After exploring numerous ideals and intellectual theories (Ne) ("My experiments with truth"), Gandhi finally found an ideology that corresponded with his personal values (Fi) in Tolstoy's writings.

    So most of the time when people type Gandhi, they are actually typing the Tolstoyan influence behind his life and ideals.

    Come to think of it, a comparison of Gandhi and Tolstoy is a great way to contrast INFJs and INFPs. They both championed the same basic ideology, but went about it in radically different ways. I'll have to start another thread for that discussion.
    Okay I get it
    Likes Studmuffin23 liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. List of ENFPs in Popular Culture
    By Lina Rose in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 08:28 AM
  2. ISTJ's in popular culture
    By bilbotook in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-27-2016, 06:37 PM
  3. ESTJ's in popular culture
    By Giggly in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 10:11 AM
  4. ESFJ's in popular culture
    By bilbotook in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 11:33 AM
  5. INFJs in popular culture
    By Studmuffin23 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO