• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP's in popular culture

Kas

Fabula rasa
Haulden is anti-social, but most characters mentioned in this thread are not.
There’s no anti-social type. We could wonder whether each type tends to become anti-social because of different reasons. Like I think that INFPs could get anti-social when they feel unaccepted or when they get disappointed because the reality don’t meet their expectations.

I type INFP Lady Sybil from Downton Abbey.

And is Pip from “Great Expectations” INFP? Or anyone has different idea?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haulden is anti-social, but most characters mentioned in this thread are not.
There’s no anti-social type. We could wonder whether each type tends to become anti-social because of different reasons. Like I think that INFPs could get anti-social when they feel unaccepted or when they get disappointed because the reality don’t meet their expectations.

I type INFP Lady Sybil from Downton Abbey.

And is Pip from “Great Expectations” INFP? Or anyone has different idea?
Yeah, Pip is either an INFP or an ISFP. I'm leaning toward ISFP, because his Se seems pretty strong. He's very concerned about what others think of him, and he places a lot of importance on sensory things, like having fancy clothes and nice furnishings. Definitely an Fi dom, though.

I think Pam Beesley from The Office might be an INFP.

Also, has anyone mentioned Melanie from Gone with the Wind?

Kas

Fabula rasa
Yeah, Pip is either an INFP or an ISFP. I'm leaning toward ISFP, because his Se seems pretty strong. He's very concerned about what others think of him, and he places a lot of importance on sensory things, like having fancy clothes and nice furnishings. Definitely an Fi dom, though.

I'm not sure about Se. He is never really here and now, always dreaming about future or having regret's about past. Although it may be just that as Eneagram 4 he is always longing for things he doesn't have ( I can see him as 8 too... hmm)

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Allison Reynolds in the Breakfast Club (She uses Fi-Si, but too disorganized to be an IXTJ. Also very quiet and in her own world like a typical INFP.)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would Zuko from Avatar; The Last Airbender be an INFP? Or is that way off? I feel like he is.

tumblr_njw53cyQJd1tukuhzo1_500.gif

Kas

Fabula rasa
Allison Reynolds in the Breakfast Club (She uses Fi-Si, but too disorganized to be an IXTJ. Also very quiet and in her own world like a typical INFP.)

She is Fi, but I don't know whether INFP or ISFP. Probably more INFP(?)...

Anyway, she is awesome:D
Allison-breakfast-club.jpg

tardismama

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Kurt Hummel from Glee, in my opinion. There seems to be a fandom consensus of Kurt as an INTJ but I just can't agree when looking at functions. I think we see him dealing with large amounts of stress very frequently which brings the inferior Te sharply into focus, but he is clearly a strong Fi user, for good and bad, and given the choice between ne/si and se/ni I think it is very obviously the former for lots of documented reasons but honestly mostly down to the "vibe". Se aux seem to have an earthier, more physicaly present and grounded, force of nature feel to them Ne aux's are generally a little odder, a little otherworldly, and like our brains don't quite comfortably work in the real world.

I think Brittany from Glee may be an INFP too, possibly ENFP, her Ne is off the charts and she definitely uses Fi as well, I just can't decide whether Te or Si is her inferior, arguments could be made for either.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
kookie knd
water girl steven uni
creator of steven universe

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ray Bradbury, one of my favorite INFPs. I read one of his biographies and there are a lot of parallels between him and Cameron Crowe, who I also believe to be INFP. They both had this thing that looked like extroversion, but was in fact a quiet tenacity in getting them into the center of the things they loved.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fictional characters;
Frodo Baggins - LOTR
Alphonse Elric - FMA
Amelie Poulian - Amelie
Susanna - girl interrupted

Kas

Fabula rasa
Zezé from "My sweet orange tree" and other Vasconcelos novels. :) He could be ISFP or INFP but I think he is more like INFP.

Edit: I like this book so much that I'm going to change avatar at least for a while.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Remus Lupin

Aang from Avatar last airbender?

Lupin, certainly. Aang, though, has always seemed to me to be more of an ENFP. INFPs typically aren't nearly that outgoing.

Would Zuko from Avatar; The Last Airbender be an INFP? Or is that way off? I feel like he is.

Oh, right! I knew there was an INFP somewhere in that series, but I couldn't remember who it was.

But yeah, I think most would agree that Zuko's an INFP. That's the type I see people typing him as most often, and I agree with it.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I used to think Caboose from Red vs Blue was an ENFP. But now, I'm pretty sure he's an INFP.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
How about this guy? Sterling Spence: singer/songwriter/liberal activist. Seems like an INFP to me.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Berry from foster home fpr imaginary friends

Thesefriesrock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I think thats becasue most INFPS in fiction are actually ISFJ's who do tend to be more meek. The actual infp's will be more angsty or aloof but never week.