• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFJ's in popular culture

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
As we all know ESFJ's are everything you'll want in a friend. In fiction, they are always the selfless, willing to die sort of heroes. Refusing to leave the side of those they swear to protect. They can be a bit much with their smothering, but they are good people. Here's a list of ESFJ's in popular culture.

Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings
Dori and Fili from The Hobbit
Superman from Superman
Beverly Goldberg from The Goldbergs
Ron Weasley from Harry Potter
Molly Weasley also from Harry Potter
Frankie Heck from The Middle
Gloria and Manny from Modern Family
Radagast the Brown from The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
Colonel James Rhodes from Iron Man
Ki Swan from Video Game High School
Rory William from Doctor Who

So agree/disagree. Let me know what you think. And list a few ESFJ's yourself

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls and Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation. :D

Cygnus

XJ-9

hqdefault.jpg

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The reasoning behind your typings is certainly well-founded. Overall, I'd say you're pretty insightful. Great job!

Here's a few left-out examples I thought should be added.

Well-developed examples:

Obi Won Kenobi- Star Wars

Miss Marple- Miss Marple mysteries

Dr. Alan Grant (BOOK VERSION)- Jurassic Park

Balin- The Hobbit

Average examples:

Leslie Knope- Parks & Recreation

Elizabeth Swann- Pirates of the Caribbean

Goofy- Walt Disney Animation

Rick O' Connell- The Mummy

Itchy Itchford- All Dogs Go To Heaven

Unhealthy examples:

Lucy Ricardo- I Love Lucy

Andy Bernard- The Office

Kelly Kapoor- The Office

Jar-Jar Binks- Star Wars prequels

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
One of my favourite characters since late is Leela from Futurama. She gets mostly typed as an ESFJ.

Ron Weasley is probably an ISTP 6w7. However, quite a lot of people have typed him as an ESFP, though most seem to agree that he is a 6.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sakura Haruno from Naruto is another one. :D (I count big shonen anime like DBZ or Naruto a part of popular culture)

One of my favourite characters since late is Leela from Futurama. She gets mostly typed as an ESFJ.

I thought she was mostly typed as ESTJ. :thinking: But either way all I can say for her personally is ExxJ (minus ENTJ).

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I thought she was mostly typed as ESTJ. :thinking: But either way all I can say for her personally is ExxJ (minus ENTJ).

No I've never typed her as an ESFJ. She seems to get typed as an ESFJ. I agree that she is an ExxJ (minus ENTJ). Lolz, she is no way ENTJ.

Maybe she is a ESTJ, what do you think her enneagram type and instinctual variant is?

Let me guess, don't laugh if I miss by a mile. 1w2 >>> 2w1?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No I've never typed her as an ESFJ. She seems to get typed as an ESFJ. I agree that she is an ExxJ (minus ENTJ). Lolz, she is no way ENTJ.

Nono what I'm saying is I've never seen her typed as ESFJ up until now. O: I've only seen ESTJ typings for her.

Maybe she is a ESTJ, what do you think her enneagram type and instinctual variant is?

Let me guess, don't laugh if I miss by a mile. 1w2 >>> 2w1?

That's what I'd go with :yes:

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender and Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Leslie Knope seems more ENFJ IMO.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
The reasoning behind your typings is certainly well-founded. Overall, I'd say you're pretty insightful. Great job!

Here's a few left-out examples I thought should be added.

Well-developed examples:

Obi Won Kenobi- Star Wars

Miss Marple- Miss Marple mysteries

Dr. Alan Grant (BOOK VERSION)- Jurassic Park

Balin- The Hobbit

Average examples:

Leslie Knope- Parks & Recreation

Elizabeth Swann- Pirates of the Caribbean

Goofy- Walt Disney Animation

Rick O' Connell- The Mummy

Itchy Itchford- All Dogs Go To Heaven

Unhealthy examples:

Lucy Ricardo- I Love Lucy

Andy Bernard- The Office

Kelly Kapoor- The Office

Jar-Jar Binks- Star Wars prequels

Balin is more of an ENFJ. If you want I could give you an explanation. Also, I don't know like 50% of those characters so I wouldn't have put those in anyways. So thanks for chipping in. Others who know these characters will get a better understanding of ESFJ's, I bet.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP

Ron Weasley is probably an ISTP 6w7. However, quite a lot of people have typed him as an ESFP, though most seem to agree that he is a 6.

Yah I know Ron has been typed as an ESFP, but look at the way he's always hovering around Harry and protecting him.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think Ron is a "P" type. I don't see him as an Fe dom at all. The rest I agree with though, especially Leslie.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I think Ron is a "P" type. I don't see him as an Fe dom at all. The rest I agree with though, especially Leslie.

I don't know how you can't see the Fe in Ron. He is SUPER protective of Harry. Just because he's dumb doesn't mean he is a P. Also, I think it's clear that he shows a lot more Si than Se.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, one ESFJ I forgot to add was Lumiere from Beauty and the beast.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Oh yes!

I forgot Marshall Matthew Dillon from the classic TV series "Gunsmoke".

Pretty sure he's an ESFJ.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh! Let's not forget Tilda and Sigrid from The Hobbit. They're both obvious ESFJ's.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Preyas from bakugan
Bolin from legend of korra
Steve harvey

I thought about Sakura and Ino, I they are both estjs who look like xxfj and i think hinata and sakura are srmiduals

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Norma Bates, Bates Motel (very unhealthy example)