User Tag List

First 23456 Last

I think the post office clerk I did business with today was an Istj. I don't think I have ever heard another human being speak in such flat even monotone.

MBTI
    INfP

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I think the post office clerk I did business with today was an Istj. I don't think I have ever heard another human being speak in such flat even monotone.
    Haha, your post made me think of Roz from Monsters Inc. Definitely seems like an ISTJ.
    Likes violett liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I thought that was an ISTP thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I thought that was an ISTP thing.
    Perhaps

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    I'm actually glad you brought up Ti and Ni, because the two are frequently confused.

The "cool, collected, and mysterious" function is Ni. It knows what's going to happen before it happens, and can find out what's going on behind the scenes with ease. It doesn't often share it's reasoning with others; it doesn't feel the need to. That's James Bond (INTJ). That's Indiana Jones (INFJ). That's Aragorn (INTJ).

Ti refuses to predict or interpret: it prefers to sit back and allow events to play out, responding to difficulties only when they arise. It has a need to share it's reasoning with others, so that it's conclusions will not be seen as "illogical". That's Lara Croft (ISTP). That's Peter Parker (INTP). That's Crocodile Dundee (ISTP). Ti is more laid-back and open-minded.

As for Aragorn's reluctance to rule, I believe that it comes from the self-criticism of auxiliary Te. He thinks that he would make a "bad" king. Once Aragorn gains confidence in himself, he fits into the King role comfortably and naturally.
    ISTP's could be perfectly logical. They are always thinking. And you seemed to have ignored the clear Se over Te

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bilbotook View Post
    ISTP's could be perfectly logical. They are always thinking. And you seemed to have ignored the clear Se over Te
    Yes, ISTPs are logical; that's their very nature. But my argument was that Aragorn is more intuitive than logical.

Actually, I didn't ignore the Se/Te debate. There's not much evidence in the story that Aragorn would "rather be killing orcs" than ruling; that's purely a supposition. On the other hand, we have plenty of evidence that Aragorn does not want to rule because of his low self-esteem, which can be occasionally found in IxTJ types who over-criticize themselves.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Yes, ISTPs are logical; that's their very nature. But my argument was that Aragorn is more intuitive than logical.

Actually, I didn't ignore the Se/Te debate. There's not much evidence in the story that Aragorn would "rather be killing orcs" than ruling; that's purely a supposition. On the other hand, we have plenty of evidence that Aragorn does not want to rule because of his low self-esteem, which can be occasionally found in IxTJ types who over-criticize themselves.
    Take a look at the battle of Helms Deep for example. Theoden (very much an ESTJ), with his Te, stood at his little command post giving orders, while Aragorn, with his Se, was down with all of the soldiers getting his hands dirty (so to speak). With Te, people prefer to take charge of matters based on what they feel is right. With Ti, people prefer to think things through. Also, I did mention that Gandalf always something immediate to say about what he sees because of his Ni. Aragorn, on the other hand, ponders on whatever he picks up. He uses logic and reason to solve situations. Gandalf takes what he already knows and makes connections with that. Aragorn detests the idea of becoming king not out of low self-esteem, but out of fear of responsibility and being put through the same trouble as his ancestor.

BTW, James Bond is an ISTP, man. I don't know where you got INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I just thought of another fictional ISTJ female: Marilla Cuthbert from the Anne of Green Gables books.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Hermione is more of an ESTJ. Notice that an ISTJ just kind of rolls there eyes at stupidity. As an ESTJ Hermione isn't afraid of actually boldly pointing out stupidity. She is a very open minded person throughout the series, never missing an opportunity to call out her classmates' mistakes.
    I agree that she is more ESTJ, but others would argue and disagree. Either way I included it because i figured ISTJs might relate to her. That's why I left the X.
    Likes bilbotook liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

I would like to add Captain America to the list. He's an obvious ISTJ. The most stubborn superhero ever.