• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hobbit

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Besides The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit is my favorite book of all time. And the movies were a spectacular detailed take on the book. So I came up with a list of all of the types of the characters.

Bilbo Baggins-ISFJ
Gandalf-INTJ
Thorin Oakenshield-ISTJ
Balin-ENFJ
Dwalin-ESTP
Fili-ESFJ
Kili-ENFP
Oin-ENTP
Gloin-ESTP
Dori-ESFJ
Nori-ESTP
Ori-ISFP
Bifur-ESTP
Bofur-ESFP
Bombur-ISFP
Elrond-INTJ
Galadriel-INFJ
Sauruman-ENTJ
Radagast-ESFJ
Gwaihir-INTP
Beorn-ISTP
Azog-ESTJ
Bolg-ESTP
The Necromancer-INTJ
Thranduil-ESTJ
Legolas-ESTJ (ISFP IN LOTR)
Tauriel-ENFJ
Bard-ISTJ
Bain-ISFJ
The Master of Lake Town-ESTJ
Alfrid-ESTJ
Smaug-ENTJ
Dain Ironfoot-ESTJ

Did you agree or disagree with this list. I want to here your thoughts. And in case some of you were like "awe man, no INFP's" I can tell you that J.R.R.Tolkien himself is an INFP.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
On second thought Thanduil is an ISTJ. With the way he shuts his kingdom from the rest of the world, he's definitely not an E.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Damn, you typed all the dwarves? You're a dedicated fan. I love The Hobbit but I can't remember all that. :)
I agree with ISFJ for Bilbo. And skipping to LOTR, Samwise is also probably an ISFJ.
I remember Radagast seeming more Ne. So, an xNxP of some sort. Then again, it's been awhile since I read the book(s).

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Damn, you typed all the dwarves? You're a dedicated fan. I love The Hobbit but I can't remember all that. :)
I agree with ISFJ for Bilbo. And skipping to LOTR, Samwise is also probably an ISFJ.
I remember Radagast seeming more Ne. So, an xNxP of some sort. Then again, it's been awhile since I read the book(s).

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think Sam is an ISFJ, but he's more of an ESFJ. As for Radagast, it's easy to mistake him for an NP type because he's high on mushrooms, but he seems to show a lot of Fe in the fact that he's fully dedicated to his job as a caretaker.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think Sam is an ISFJ, but he's more of an ESFJ. As for Radagast, it's easy to mistake him for an NP type because he's high on mushrooms, but he seems to show a lot of Fe in the fact that he's fully dedicated to his job as a caretaker.

Hm...well fully dedicated to caretaking doesn't necessarily mean Fe. It could be Fi (or any other function I guess), just with different motivations for doing so. Though I know it would be natural to say that, because ESFJ is "The Caretaker."

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I left out a few characters. I think Tilda and Sigrid are both ESFJ's. Gollum is most likely an ENFP

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Self-correction: the Master of Lake Town seems more like an ESTP