User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Sherlock BBC MBTI

Note that this is not based on the books. I will post a thread of Sherlock Holmes types when I finish reading the books. But for now, here is a list of types from the show Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes-INTP
    John Watson-ISFJ
    Mrs. Hudson-ESFJ
    Mycroft Holmes-INTJ
    Jim Moriarty-ENTP
    Inspector Lestrade-ESFP
    Molly Hooper-ISFJ

Agree/Disagree. I probably left out a lot of characters. I'd like to here about what you think they should be typed as.

MBTI
    INFP

On second thought, Jim Moriarty is an ENTJ.

btw: I've finished a few of the books. The characters in the book that I have listed up there, are the same type in the book. As for the ones that are not in the book, yeah, still the same type.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I could see ENFP in Molly vs ISFJ. She's sort of social and wants to go out on dates and stuff, moves quickly in relationships but seems to make sort of bad decisions in men because she's hung up on Sherlock, fairly confident but loses it in front of Sherlock and gets pissed off that he's such a show-off... but when he needs her, truly, her idealism kicks in and she's the loyal person she wants to be to him. Molly beats a dead horse deader... I just don't see an ISFJ woman putting up with all of that. That NF idealism fuels her.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes bilbotook liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I could see ENFP in Molly vs ISFJ. She's sort of social and wants to go out on dates and stuff, moves quickly in relationships but seems to make sort of bad decisions in men because she's hung up on Sherlock, fairly confident but loses it in front of Sherlock and gets pissed off that he's such a show-off... but when he needs her, truly, her idealism kicks in and she's the loyal person she wants to be to him. Molly beats a dead horse deader... I just don't see an ISFJ woman putting up with all of that. That NF idealism fuels her.
    To be honest with you, I didn't really know her type, so I put down the first thing that came to my mind. But yeah, I could definitely see ENFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bilbotook View Post

Sherlock Holmes-INTP
    I think Sherlock is an ISTP, actually. I originally thought he was INTJ with an overactive (potentially unhealthy) level of inferior Se but then I realized there's no way he is Te-Fi. He doesn't really generate different possibilities when investigating (Ne) but is quite sure of himself in his singular analysis, which comes across as more Ni to me. He's definitely Ti and has poor inferior Fe. He's really in-tune with the environment which allows him to make a lot of really good observations and piece together his often correct vision of reality.
    Likes vierkant liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    541 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm quite sure that Sherlock is an ISTP 5w6 sx/sp - possibly 8w7 and 3w4 for a tritype.

None of the way he reasons shows intuition. In fact, he holds symbolism and metaphors in disregard - because it's all about the details: what he sees. The analysis is all down to Ti. I could maybe see him as an ESTP (ESTP 5 will not likely be an outgoing person) given his obsession with stimulation - however I attribute that more to having 8w7 and being sx-dom. But Se and Ti are clearly his leading functions: observation, analysis, examination, use of tools, he's focused entirely in the present.

5w6 shows in his analysis. He's always deep in his head, examining, detaching himself from everything around him. As I understand it, 5w4s are generally warmer and more "personal" in their approach to investigation: 5w6 is a head type with a head type wing, so there's even heavier detachment there. Sexual is his lead instinct, simply because of how obsessive and passionate he is about what he does. If anyone can argue sx/so over sx/sp, please do: I've thought sx/sp purely because of how little he seems to care about the social workings of the world.
    I am exploiting others as guinea pigs to further my understanding of typology.

I'm a Ti-Ne. My MBTI is listed as ENTJ because from dichotomies alone, that's my best fit.

Sherlock's an ISTJ.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    541 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Sherlock's an ISTJ.
    I'll hear this. I can't see how he's ISTJ; but this is clearly not the typical "he's super intelligent and confuses people so he must be Ne". Go on, entertain me.

I'm a Ti-Ne. My MBTI is listed as ENTJ because from dichotomies alone, that's my best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclepath View Post
    I'll hear this. I can't see how he's ISTJ; but this is clearly not the typical "he's super intelligent and confuses people so he must be Ne". Go on, entertain me.
    You're confusing Si and Se.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    541 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    You're confusing Si and Se.
    Si focuses on one's reaction to sensory data: does it make one feel comfort? Adrenaline? Sensuality? People who value Si know how to create these kinds of atmospheres. Going to a psytrance rave and feeling like you're in an exotic jungle seems like the work of someone who valued Si. I don't see Sherlock giving a damn about any of that.