• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hozier

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
"Take Me to Church"

Definitely think he's an S. Strikes me as ESTP. Any thoughts?

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm having some trouble deciding between ESTP and ESFP. I never listened to his music before, but I like it now, and some of it I actually like quite a bit, which is unusual for me. Dunno, I'll watch some more videos and interviews. I can't get past this slightly Tom Cruise-ish look about him, which keeps making me think ESFP (because on some socionics sites that's often how Tom Cruise is typed).

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
He's so hot :wubbie:
He seems a bit rebellious which is why I think T, but could very well be F too

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm thinking T too. He could be an ESTP. I considered ISTP, too. I'm really not sure even after watching a bunch of videos and interviews. I got really curious about it because I found that I really liked his music more than I expected to.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, weird. He actually seems ENTP with a sensing-esque fashion sense. He's in Christian Bale/Matthew McConaughey territory.

God there's an absurd number of ENTPs in music. Usually as frontmen, the sods.

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
[MENTION=12849]Retmeishka[/MENTION] what do you usually listen to?
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] true, now that I read his lyrics he does seem to use a lot of metaphors rather than details. Interesting.. And you can be a frontman too ;)

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=12849]Retmeishka[/MENTION] what do you usually listen to?

Very hard question to answer. I listen to a wide variety of random things, and yet, nothing at all. At the moment I don't have any kind of device capable of really playing music. I only have my netbook, and I can't even put headphones into it because that's broken somehow, so I can only hear things through that junky little external speaker. I'm not driving a car anymore, so I can't listen to music in the car either. I don't have any ipods or anything at the moment. So my music collection is nonexistent.

But I've been 'liking' random bizarre things on youtube. I like to explore the music of foreign cultures. I like music made on bizarre instruments - recently, I listened to somebody playing a lithophone, something like a xylophone except it's made of rocks, just plain old rocks - and I also listened to a 'yaybahar,' this big, weird, THING that sounds like an orchestra, but it's actually just a bunch of, I dunno, metal stuff and round things. I like Irish slipjigs and anything with a beat that comes in groups of threes - 3/4, 6/8, 9/8 - because I'm tired of hearing the same old beats of four, and I liked to dance to three beats back when I had a music collection and I lived in a room where it didn't matter if anyone could hear my feet banging around on the floor up above them. I also liked electronic music back when I was collecting music off the internet, partly because I could make that kind of music myself using nothing but software. I like music that does unexpected things, but at the same time, I do not like total randomness or total nonsense. It has to be sort of ingenious, well-organized unexpectedness, and not just key-bashing.

So.... not an easy question to answer.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
He appears to be introverted, but regardless of what "type" he is, I love his voice and can't wait to see him live in March!

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius thinks in his interviews Hozier comes across as too modest and softly spoken to be an extrovert. ISxP

gizibe2293

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think he's an INTP. Hozier: The best vocalists I can think of are female | Music | The Guardian

In the 8th paragraph (sorry my phone won't let me copy and paste so i just posted the link) he talks about feeling like he's "awkward" which seems to be fairly common with INTPs. The meticulousness with which he writes songs suggests Si, but I still think he's an Ne user. His songs are full of metaphors with lyrics that could be interpreted different ways and applied to many different situations. As Felcarious said he's very soft spoken so I tend to see him as Introverted

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w5 INFJ, imo. (I'm pretty good at typing people via videos)

Last edited:

adrift

YouTube

YouTube

Hes too open about himself to be an infj in my opinion and too practical to be an infp.

I lean towards Extroversion over Introversion, Fi over Fe (When hes talking about the homeless), Se over Si (And early in stack. Quick to act/speak in 2nd video), Te over Ti (When talking about the logic of helping the homeless from an entire society point of view), Unsure of intuition but must be Ni (This indicates that I find it likely N to be his weakest function. Also F over T in general though he isnt a weak thinker his feelings win out.

Therefore I must suspect that he is an ESFP.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hes too open about himself to be an infj in my opinion

INFJs are high Fe users... I think you've probably been dealing with some mistyped INFPs.

Therefore I must suspect that he is an ESFP.

This guy is such an obvious introvert... Anything with 'I' in the beginning sounds reasonable enough for a typing.

Last edited: