User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Default Obama's handwriting got revealed... What do you think of his type?

There have been a lot of guesses about Obama's type as ENFJ, ENFP, or ENTP.... I myself thought he was an ENFJ... However, his handwriting got revealed last month in an Israeli newspaper... I kind of changed my mind, yet still haven't decided which type he is.

Here is an analysis of his handwriting (please finish the whole article before you raise your opinion here)

Lofty ideals and visionary plans would show up as letters reaching high above the baseline, big loops in the upper zone, and t-bars that are crossed above the stem instead of through it. None of those things are present in Senator Obama's handwriting.
    From his handwriting, we would guess that Senator Obama will disappoint people who expect grand plans to change the world. He doesn't appear to be interested in lofty ideals. He looks more like the grind-it-out quarterback who will pick up three yards here, six yards there, and end the season with a Super Bowl ring.
    I used to read quite a few books about graphology; and one thing I found interesting was the t-bar. I think the more dominant/developed one's Intuition function (Ne or Ni) is, the higher his t-bar is.

If one's signature looks different from his normal handwriting, the signature shows how he appears to others while the normal handwriting shows how he really is. To me, his signature does show a very visionary and idealistic type of person (ENTP or ENFP); however, his normal handwriting is kind of a turn-off (IMO)

Anyway, what do you think of Obama's type?
    (Note that above was just my own opinion, so you have the rights to hold different points of view )
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

What has been analyzed about him should be taken with a grain of salt. It is easy to learn a few things about graphology to give a better impression. This applies especially to people in high power.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

There's actually a bit of solid research on handwriting and type but to interpret it all means looking at some continuums. Some of the biggest correlations:

• J's tend to stop letters abruptly, not like we were taught in handwriting class. Look at his J's and Y's to see what I mean, at the end of sentences
    • E's tend to write larger than I's. That's one where it's hard to see from samples. Signatures don't count.
    • F's tend to round out letters, as in his A's in the middle of words. T's tend to be much more vertical

That's all I remember off the top of my head. A friend had gone through a bunch of training on this and analyzed the handwriting of three of my ancestors--sounds right to me that an ESFP would be on the 1906 champion baseball team of his small town. And that an ENTP female on the prairie in 1888 would take in orphans, take over her daughter's household when she died, make her grandaughter finish high school in 1904 (first female in the town) etc. It was fun!
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP

Heh, I write him. Except for the t's and y's.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Umm...

I read that messy, fast handwriting is indicative of 'quick thinking', up to and including ADD. Wild guess would say that would be NT or SP.

So, I'll guess that Obama is an NF or SJ.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post

I used to read quite a few books about graphology; and one thing I found interesting was the t-bar. I think the more dominant/developed one's Intuition function (Ne or Ni) is, the higher his t-bar is.
    I thought how high the t-bar was, was indicative of optimism or pessimism...
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    ENFP

If it helps, here's my ENFP handwriting with his words. He writes much neater.

Interesting, isn't it? Anything you can tell about me from it too?

(By the way, handwriting + type kind of makes sense. My dad and I write similarly and we're both ENFP.)
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    intp

I do not get this art of handwriting analysis. Does your handwriting not change dramatically from time to time? How can you draw static conclusions about persons based on such changeable features?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I do not get this art of handwriting analysis. Does your handwriting not change dramatically from time to time? How can you draw static conclusions about persons based on such changeable features?
    Agree. I think that handwriting may say a bit about a person... but judging a person completely from their handwriting? That doesn't sound right to me.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    If it helps, here's my ENFP handwriting with his words. He writes much neater.

Interesting, isn't it? Anything you can tell about me from it too?

(By the way, handwriting + type kind of makes sense. My dad and I write similarly and we're both ENFP.)
    For one, you are capable of being very close to someone. For two, you hold contradictions inside you.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate