• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Obama's handwriting got revealed... What do you think of his type?

BetaSwimmer

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm sorry I almost couldn't keep reading the analyzation when it came on the 'L's. They said his 'L's were thinly looped...and that meant cautious thinking...

Um...I looked again...those 'L's are not thin in my opinion. In fact they're very sloppy. The writing style as a whole appears sloppy. Okay his grammar structure looks about right, (meaning his words are level, and his paragraphs are indented properly,) as best as most people can get without having lined paper. Its level, and structured, but the style of the individual letters is sloppy. That to me says he has a structure and moral code towards larger aspects of life, but its less concerned with the inner details.

Honestly...I keep saying it on other places...I think he's an INFJ. People like to point out his 'sloppiness' when I say this, but remember that physical sloppiness makes no difference to most 'N' types. It doesn't follow the same pattern that 'S' types do with J vs. P. Furthermore INFJ and ENFJ both have Se as their inferior fourth types.

Plus, don't just look at the way the words are written...look at the word choice too...I mean to me it screams xNFJ...

MBTI Type
INxJ
Umm...

I read that messy, fast handwriting is indicative of 'quick thinking', up to and including ADD. Wild guess would say that would be NT or SP.

So, I'll guess that Obama is an NF or SJ.

lol Way to go, Hap.

Obama is most likely an ENTP. His speaches reverberate Ti like you wouldnt' believe.

I currently think that as well.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Obama is most likely an ENTP. His speaches reverberate Ti like you wouldnt' believe.

It is good to remember that ENFPs are often what they need to be in a situation. Especially if something that big is at stake. And making rational arguments is the norm for ENFPs in debates. The clue is normally the focus on people and impact on them. Many people think ENFP will make personal rather than rational arguments. We make rational arguments, with a focus on the personal. The ENTP will argue the logistics of the matter, the ENFP will argue the logistics with people impact somewhere high in the equation.

Looking at the content of his writing, it is interesting that he prayed to guard against pride and despair. And asked that the people were seen as individuals rather than victims. Are these things as relevant for the ENTP as ENFP?

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do not get this art of handwriting analysis. Does your handwriting not change dramatically from time to time? How can you draw static conclusions about persons based on such changeable features?

Yes you're right, it does change from time to time. That is why handwriting analysis of a sample is indicative of demeanor and personality at that moment of time when creating the sample. Think of the analyzed sample as a photograph in time. In order to analyze someone more dynamically as opposed to statically, you need many sample from as early on as you can get, to the most recent sample you can get. Then you can observe how someone changes/views things/behaves in different situations or periods of lifetime.

For example: Hitler's handwriting became more indicative of suicidal behavior as his life progressed. (X at the bottom of his signature)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't wait until they go public with a map of the bumps on his head. :dry:

EDIT: Damn! Somebody beat me to that joke! Good show. :D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Umm...

I read that messy, fast handwriting is indicative of 'quick thinking', up to and including ADD. Wild guess would say that would be NT or SP.

So, I'll guess that Obama is an NF or SJ.

I've heard that too as a way to boost my confidence over the totally messy scrawled out barely legible print I use now, but I'm an NF which doesn't match your wild guess. ;)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
To me his handwritting looks ENFPish.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Here's my handwriting, for comparison :D

picture.php

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yep it's atrocious. I also make up my own words. "Withe" is with-the, and a bunch of shortened words.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I merely dabble with handwriting stuff... Aelan or Sub can probably do a better job. But I get a completely different read than what they say...

Movement of the pen across the page is quite fast, yet he is still managing the large loops with the Gs and Ls. He's a quick thinker.

Even temperament from the shading of the strokes.

Letter size: average, line-spacing: regular, good use of the full page with relatively even margins. Very neat -> J-tendencies

The roundedness in upper loops of Ls and Ds suggests sensitivity towards people... F. However, the writing style is kept very upright. Is he a left-handed writer or right-handed one? Contrary to the article... it does make a difference in the writing. I can't tell because the scan is too small. For a left-handed individual, this is a "mild" right slant. Regardless or the slant, he has good control of his emotions. This suggests an F trained to use thinking.

Writing is dominated by lower zone, however upper and middle zones are balanced. No, fanciful ideals, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he not open to grand life-changing plans. He drags his pen across the end of word, in particular at the line. He'll consider the merit of a plan before making a decision. But once he's decided... he stands firmly upon them. (decisive ys, sharp periods)

Issue of low self-esteem, I concur. But only to the point that he's public persona isn't who he really is. Notice how large his signature is compared to everything else, and it's illegible (as is most politicians) One thing's particularly strange is the way the "O" in Obama appears to be added as an afterthought/ deliberately covering up the rest of his name. I think he's an introvert acting out a role. It can be straining, perhaps this is the root of the insecurity.

I disagree with their indicator of the T-bars. They're always slanted upwards (upbeat attitude). Connection with the T-bar with the next letter... like Th, te etc is planned time-saving strokes. He's adaptive and can think ahead (N?). I wouldn't use the height for self-esteem.

So overall, based purely on the writing...
INFJ, possibily eNFJ

Hmm. Correlations, you say.

Because somebody analyzed my handwriting and what I got was roughly equivalent to ESFJ.

handwritingim3.png

ESFJ? I was thinking EXFP with the lack of spacing and rounded large letters. Not especially "S" being grounded to reality/daily life since the middle zone isn't dominating the writing. But no, for sure it doesn't resemble a prototypical INTJ writing style.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
mine changes from cursive to all caps to regular print to a mixture of each... the slant changes direction as well... and i have different ways of writing A's, N's, and E's, and R's. I'll post it when I can get my scanner to work.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Meh, I just took a picture with my phone. Not like you can read it anyways.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Whether this actually is Obama's handwriting is debatable... however, assuming it is, that's interesting. ISTJ?