failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Can somebody seriously explain why Superman is a Sensor? Having excellent reaction time and physical fitness does not make you S, especially if you're a superhero. And let's not get into "the American way". The popular conception of this has little in common with the founding values of America.

(It is an aside, but I agree with those who have said they find Superman less complex and inspiring a character as, say, Batman.)

I'm afraid Christian Bale ruined Batman for me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I always saw him as an ESTJ myself.

But I'm OK with being associated with Superman
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Don't know the character well enough. I have all sisters lol.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Can somebody seriously explain why Superman is a Sensor? Having excellent reaction time and physical fitness does not make you S, especially if you're a superhero. And let's not get into "the American way". The popular conception of this has little in common with the founding values of America.

(It is an aside, but I agree with those who have said they find Superman less complex and inspiring a character as, say, Batman.)
    For starters, Superman really enjoys the staus quo. He longs for the simple life. He is a simple man cursed to be different from the society he admires so much. He is the model ISxJ. That said, he avoids conflict if he can so that makes him a little bit like a feeler, though he will fight to defend others and to keep earth safe. He personally does not have much of an ego. This points strongly to ISFJ.

Batman is more of a IxTJ. Maybe ISTJ since he does not entertain ideas with no practical use, though I could see INTJ for him due to his highly eclectic knowlege base (this is not a strong argument for INTJ.)

xNFP heroes are going to be gentle creative types with a need to understand everything. They are going to avoid fighting as much as possible, but will hold dear values such as Truth or Compassion that can place them in a hero role.

xNTP heroes are going to be anti-heroes, as a given rule of thumb. There are exceptions like Mcgyver, though.

xSxP heroes are going to be very literal, and will have a special disdain for villains who "kill their friends over a peice of paper."

xSxJ heroes keep life as simple as they can, only coming out when the status quo is challenged.

xNxJ heroes try to change the environment to a vision they have in mind, either endless thinking of improvements to the global system or by actively working towards that vision. This is were Superman falls short. Even when he was on Bizarro World, he did not try to change their ways, but instead was focused on maintaining harmony and getting the heck out of there.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini
    All jokes aside, why wouldn't an ISTJ save a significant other or family member out of duty, or a 6 out of loyalty?
    We would and saving a significant other would take priority if it were just one vs another, but Supes was in the middle of a natural disaster that was killing thousands. In that situation, saving the masses would take priority. A type 6 wouldn't mess with the time continuum for fear of unforseen consequences.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

That's just one letter from Sherlock Holmes you know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    He had ulterior motives though. I mean, selfish lust could be a motive here, it's Lois Lane. Lets not get hasty.

All jokes aside, why wouldn't an ISTJ save a significant other or family member out of duty, or a 6 out of loyalty?
    I actually would agree with ISTJ 6. It makes the most sense to me.

I am thinking of Smallville Superman mainly though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes The Wailing Specter, Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    We would and saving a significant other would take priority if it were just one vs another, but Supes was in the middle of a natural disaster that was killing thousands. In that situation, saving the masses would take priority. A type 6 wouldn't mess with the time continuum for fear of unforseen consequences.
    Hmm is that a six thing then, to think of humanity? Because I hate when people show irrational preference towards even family members who are clearly wrong or evil. Yes it's normal to side with family and loved ones, but like, if my nephew raped a woman (or a man), as much as I love him, I would never try to get him out of it, and as sad as I would feel, I would expect him to be punished for it like any other rapist (not that he's a rapist, but I simply want to punch people who enable sociopathic relatives).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

I know INTJs that would fit that bill perfectly.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

ISFJ for sure
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post