First 789101119 Last

Thread: Hitler Analysis

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hitler is not the problem here, nor is his type, a Hitler is powerless without pawns, or in this specific case, without Nazis.

Off the top of my head, I would not think Hitler to be a P, we just don't care enough to rally troops, and probably would prefer not to "lead".

And um, I also don't think Hitler was a user of Fi, maybe some lunatic Fi user could be a leader of a small cult, but a lunatic leader of a huge party must be able to access his Fe quite evilly and readily.

I think he was a cunning person, and I think he catered to people's inherent insecurities, I also think he *knew* what he was doing, i.e. that he was aware of his powers of manipulation.

I dunno, I can only speak from an ENFP/INFP perspective, but as a type(s), we COULD NEVER BE HITLERS, or even Hitler-esque. We care too much about being sincere and authentic, and about others being sincere and authentic too.

Power, I don't think as a type (NFP), that we care too much for it. We just want individual freedom, and personal peace, I think.

I think most of my analysis of Hitler already in some way addressed much of what you're saying.

What has become clear to me is that the major problem in typing him is that people can't seem to decide how much of what went on in the Third Reich is because of Hitler, or his subordinates. Not knowing which is which severely alters the perception of his type.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    *gags*

*vomits bile*

BULL SHIT!!!!
    You were merely a passing example for my point about Hitler. The subject is Hitler's type. I'm afraid that in dealing with Hitler, and the MBTI, it's pretty much impossible to do anything but theorize. So, I'm sticky to analysis of the theory. That one little moment of yours came as a handy case in point.

I'm not expecting you to believe, because you are clearly very defensive. I'm merely saying that you're supposed to believe because it's true. Know one can know my intent better than me, it's just up to you to believe me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hitler's obsession and dedication could very much be a product of Fi. He's burrying himself under his own standards of merit.

A notice how, while he's always working, he makes decisions quick and impatiently. Is that an indication that he really knows what he's talking about, or is it just a manifestation of his Fi + Ne making him hasty in seeing what he wants to see.

Also, vastly imposed moral values could definitely come from the combination. Fi are good/bad values that are derived from ones personal ideals, that don't necessarily pay heed to anyone elses. Ne of course often drives people to be very expansive, and often rather presumptuous. They fancy themselve the only ones that can see the big picture, see the future, see all the possibilities. So, putting the two together, we have a classic case of someone that thinks they know what the better course is for the people than the people do themselves.

Hey... Captain Chick is an ENFP. Did you see her talking about how she knew which moral values were objectively real, and most people didn't?

If you want more superficial or archetypical similarities to an ENFP(especially an unhealthy one) then consider some of these things:

He was theatrical and flamboyant in manner, and a huge attention whore.
    Until his experiences with war, Hitler hadn't seriously considered taking political office. He was mostly interested in being a great painter or architect.
    He was a sexual deviant, and many have suspected that he also became a drug addict later in life.
    He was a big idea kind of guy(surprise) who took a mostly romantic view of things.

That could definitely pass for unhealthy ENFP. Now, I personally just want to focus more on the possible implications of the functions, but I provided that to show you that Hitler doesn't even stand far from many ENFP cliches.

I'm well aware that Hitler doesn't represent normal behavior, but he has to have some kind of type, because he can't not use cognitive functions. In the Dark Knight thread, I argued that it was perhaps too hard to figure out the Joker's type. Hitler, though, is a real person with a life history, and a lot of documentation. We have enough to work with, I think.
    Well yeah of course he has a type.
    What I meant was he's not a good example of much except for a really extreme case...cases that hardly ever happen and he shouldn't be used as an example of a type because the chances of someone ever going as far as he did are very low.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Really guys, I think you should stop while you're ahead.

It doesn't matter what type he is.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Tell that your kids

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

He's not an example of a type in good or common form, and I don't want him to be seen as a representative of one. I'm not trying to make him one.

Never the less, as we agreed, he has a type. and I think it's interesting to know what it is. My exchange with Little Linguist(who is ENFP by the way) was going just fine.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Well ok.

Suit yourself.

ETA: That bit about him being used as an example of a type was a response to what people did on the other forum. They used him to demonstrate what people with his type were like but I didn't think you were going to do that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I had heard that Jung said he couldn't be typed, because he was so screwed up inside, or something like that.
    Otherwise, I would think ENTJ ("Fieldmarshall"-In Charge/Rational). Someone like that seemed to be more logic (though twisted) driven than any "feeling" concerns. An inferior Fi would give him enough of the strong beliefs to impose on the world, becoming "convinced that their values are are right for everyone" (Berens).
    Then, others also say he is E6, but I would think it would be 8.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    ETA: That bit about him being used as an example of a type was a response to what people did on the other forum. They used him to demonstrate what people with his type were like but I didn't think you were going to do that.
    I guess by that time, I would dismantle my MBTI membership. Dismantle isnt the right word is it ? It is discard, yeah that sounds cool, dont know what it means though xD

@sunshine I appreciate your thoughts on this topic, as I do with anyone else's. For you it is a topic you can post into or dont, just how you like.

For me it is to some extent personal, because I have to stand blame for things I have never even experienced. I was getting onto this topic so seriously, because I do not want it EVER to happen again.

And concerning that "Would you have been a Nazi test" from okCupid. I guess there needs to be a result added, something like "you would have been the one, who would've dedicated his life to kill that bitching maniac".

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't think being a Feeler makes sense for Hitler.. I just don't.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I started to get intrested in the idea of Hitler being a F-Type. Bismarck the first Reichskanzler in the 1st World War was a T, he quit the war, when it was going nowhere, to not face total destruction. Hitler didn't.
    Bismarck wasn't Reichskanzler in WW1. He died in 1898. The German Revolution ended the war, not Bismarck. The people threw Kaiser Wilhelm on 9. Nov and asked for an armstice two days later. Then the German people was punished severely by Versailles treaty, which undermined the new democracy and ultimately paved the way for a new strong leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I don't think being a Feeler makes sense for Hitler.. I just don't.
    I agree. He strikes me more as a damaged, very emotional T who tried to disregard feelings because he didn't want to/know how to deal with them. T/F isn't a measure of how emotional a person is, but a reflection of how much a person thinks their own and other people's feelings should influence decisions. Osama on the other hand is a more likely NF in my opinion (just to show that this isn't an attempt to "clear" the NFs).
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA