First 123412 Last

Thread: Hitler Analysis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Hitler was such an F.
    Yeah, I mean, didn't he throw a tantrum after getting his feelings hurt in art school?

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Erm do we really need to type Hitler?
    On the other forum mostly everyone came to an agreement on what type he was and then all the people with his same type got a whole bunch of crap from then on out. It was horrible. People would even use him as examples of common behavior for that type...ugh how stupid...Hitler didn't display common behavior of ANY type, even the type he was because it's a rare thing for someone to become that psycho.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    On the other forum mostly everyone came to an agreement on what type he was and then all the people with his same type got a whole bunch of crap from then on out. It was horrible. People would even use him as examples of common behavior for that type...ugh how stupid...Hitler didn't display common behavior of ANY type, even the type he was because it's a rare thing for someone to become that psycho.
    Brilliantly right on!
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I agree. I thought for some time before replying on this thread. I came to the conclusion that people could handle that topic but I was not convinced by it.

I posted because I agreed with Haphazard that has never happened before .

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard
    You seem to be describing his political characterization, plus a few odds and ends from his personal life, but mostly you're just force-fitting that Hitler himself was the embodiment of the Nazi regime.

Okay, fine, the Nazis as a whole seem like they were trying to be INTJ. Germany probably wanted an INTJ, so the Nazi party worked hard to make sure they got what they want. But that doesn't necessarily mean that their leader is an INTJ. Considering how politics is, he probably wasn't. A politician's public persona is never the same as their personal one. In politics, you need to blow your 'at work' personality out of proportion and give the people what you think they want. Typing him to be the same as his public persona would be, well, too easy.

Also, there's the whole INTJs and charisma thing. They kind of suck at that.
    Of course you act differently when holding a speech to your country than you would in private, but that doesnt' mean you switch personality - this wasn't forced upon Hitler, he wanted it himself, he wanted the power and to force his vision onto other people, and I don't think he "gave people what they wanted" as much as politicians do today.

And I don't think an INTJ can't have personal charisma, at least ENTJ's can, and I think there are big individual differences here.

I have read through some of "Hitlers psychological profile" (Dark Razor's link), and it pretty much strengthens my conviction that he was INTJ. Here are some various bits of it:

"I am one of the hardest men Germany has had for decades, perhaps for centuries, equipped with the greatest authority of any German leader... but above all, I believe in my success. I believe in it unconditionally."

Hitler is also a man of incredible energy and endurance. His day consists of sixteen and eighteen hours of uninterrupted work. He is absolutely tireless when it comes to working for Germany and its future welfare and no personal pleasures are permitted to interfere with the carrying out of his mission. The ordinary man in the street cannot imagine a human being in Hitler's position not taking advantage of his opportunity. He can only imagine himself in the same position revelling in luxuries and yet here is Hitler who scorns them all. His only conclusion is that Hitler is not an ordinary mortal.

"The people, in an overwhelming majority, are so feminine in their nature and attitude that their activities and thoughts are motivated less by sober consideration than by feeling and sentiment."

During these periods of activity Hitler is wholly consumed by the task confronting him. He has an amazing power of concentration. His judgements are quick and decisive. He is impatient to get things done and expects everyone to apply himself with an ardor equal to his own. He, therefore, demands great sacrifices from his associates.
    I don't know, I think it's quite obvious that this is a thinking type. Otherwise I must have misunderstood the MBTI completely.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    I dont think iNTj thrive for leadership of that sort.
    Well, certainly more than ISFP...?

I started to get intrested in the idea of Hitler being a F-Type. Bismarck the first Reichskanzler in the 1st World War was a T, he quit the war, when it was going nowhere, to not face total destruction. Hitler didn't.
    I don't get it, can't T types be stubborn? On the contrary, an F would be likelier to end a war - and less likely to start it in the first place. Above all, Hitler was mad, Bismarck probably wasn't.

In my opinion, Hitler was iSfP. It is hard to imagine that but those times were different and this personality was ill to the bone.
    I'm sorry, but I really don't understand this. His Ni can't be his third function, and still come up with all these super-visions which seemed to be the sole meaning of his existence, and above all, Fi as 1st function could never make a person so concerned with - actually - exterminating millions of people *inferior* to himself. Are you sure you actually know how Fi works? Granted that it should be your own 7th function (no offense meant)...

Another quote from the psychological profile:

The world has come to know Adolph Hitler for his insatiable greed for power, his ruthlessness, cruelty and utter lack-of feeling, his contempt for established institutions and his lack of moral restraints. In the course of relatively few years he has contrived to usurp such tremendous power that a few veiled threats, accusations or insinuations were sufficient to make the world tremble. In open defiance of treaties he occupied huge territories and conquered millions of people without even firing a shot. When the world became tired of being frightened and concluded that it was all a bluff, he initiated the most brutal and devastating war in history - a war which, for a time, threatened the complete destruction of our civilization. Human life and human suffering seem to leave this individual completely untouched as he plunges along the course he believes he was predestined to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I suppose there's some truth to this... I wondered what people might think out of pure curiousity, though no matter what type he was, I think he was utterly mad, first of all. Of course it's not that I'm anti INTJ's, I know several of the type and generally find them to be deep and intriguing people.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I apologize, I have to agree that I am not so well adjusted with how the single functions like Fi and Ni work. That does not bother me that much, I am more concerned with the whole and their working dependently.

I just know that he saw himself as an artist and that he looked at his ideology as a creation. My interpretation would be based on him being an F-Type. Stubborness and Cleverness are two pair of shoes. Bismarck wanted to take revenge for the 1st World War like every general wanted in those times, but they retreated, when defeat was imminent. I am glad Hitler was stubborn, I would not want to imagine whereelse I would live today.

If you want to go on with the conversation, I would be glad if we do it via Private Message in the Forums. I have some things still to say to underline my theory, but I agree with the fact that should be not done publically.

MBTI
    INFJ

Okay, no need to apologize... I'll send you a message.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hitler's obsession and dedication could very much be a product of Fi. He's burrying himself under his own standards of merit.

A notice how, while he's always working, he makes decisions quick and impatiently. Is that an indication that he really knows what he's talking about, or is it just a manifestation of his Fi + Ne making him hasty in seeing what he wants to see.

Also, vastly imposed moral values could definitely come from the combination. Fi are good/bad values that are derived from ones personal ideals, that don't necessarily pay heed to anyone elses. Ne of course often drives people to be very expansive, and often rather presumptuous. They fancy themselve the only ones that can see the big picture, see the future, see all the possibilities. So, putting the two together, we have a classic case of someone that thinks they know what the better course is for the people than the people do themselves.

Hey... Captain Chick is an ENFP. Did you see her talking about how she knew which moral values were objectively real, and most people didn't?

If you want more superficial or archetypical similarities to an ENFP(especially an unhealthy one) then consider some of these things:

He was theatrical and flamboyant in manner, and a huge attention whore.
    Until his experiences with war, Hitler hadn't seriously considered taking political office. He was mostly interested in being a great painter or architect.
    He was a sexual deviant, and many have suspected that he also became a drug addict later in life.
    He was a big idea kind of guy(surprise) who took a mostly romantic view of things.

That could definitely pass for unhealthy ENFP. Now, I personally just want to focus more on the possible implications of the functions, but I provided that to show you that Hitler doesn't even stand far from many ENFP cliches.

I'm well aware that Hitler doesn't represent normal behavior, but he has to have some kind of type, because he can't not use cognitive functions. In the Dark Knight thread, I argued that it was perhaps too hard to figure out the Joker's type. Hitler, though, is a real person with a life history, and a lot of documentation. We have enough to work with, I think.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, I'll bite.

I believe I saw Keirsey list him as an INFP. I forgot where I found it, though.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I believe I saw Keirsey list him as an INFP. I forgot where I found it, though.
    Even if that's plausible, to hell with Keirsey. I don't value his opinion.
    Go to sleep, iguana.