User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 223

Thread: Hitler Analysis

  1. #91
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,908

    Default

    My assertion about Hitler being an F comes back to his extraordinary emphasis on his ideas of good and bad, and relatively small amount of time actually spent on the Thinking aspect of things.

    Compare to the meticulously cautious Stalin, who was T, no bones about it. He might have been an S, even. Anyone want to find a profile of Stalin?

    Also there's the fact that Hitler was a bitter romantic. Stalin was more like a bloodless cynic.

    Also, it's very odd. It seems to me that a lot of what people take for a sign of Hitler's "Thinking" is something that strikes me as a product of Intuition, which isn't even a judging function.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #92
    will make your day Carebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My assertion about Hitler being an F comes back to his extraordinary emphasis on his ideas of good and bad, and relatively small amount of time actually spent on the Thinking aspect of things.
    Hm... I've met a lot of STs who think in terms of good and bad as well. Often as a boolean. Granted, many Fs think in terms of good and bad as well (but NFs in shades of good and bad rather than true/false.)

    So I guess what I'm saying is doesn't have to say much about Hitler, especially since the good/bad way of thinking is a very simple concept, well designed to get the support of the masses. ("We're good, they're bad." Much easier and more pleasing world view to accept than "We have our strengths and flaws, so do they.")

    What you're saying about the small amount of time spent on the Thinking aspect of things however... I'll have to think a bit on that (and dig out Mein Kampf again, didn't really consider it when I first read it), but if it turns out that it's accurate, I'm inclined to agree F is more likely than T.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Compare to the meticulously cautious Stalin, who was T, no bones about it. He might have been an S, even. Anyone want to find a profile of Stalin?
    I've always pegged him as INTJ, but opportunistic is probably a better description than visionary, so I'm starting to think I might have been wrong. I'd love to read a profile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Also there's the fact that Hitler was a bitter romantic. Stalin was more like a bloodless cynic.
    True. There's no doubt Stalin (the man of steel) was way more T than Hitler, but 1: Hitler could still be T and 2: The bitter romantic could be a calculated act. An ENTP or an ESTP can often rally the masses with emotional manipulation way better than an INFx can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Also, it's very odd. It seems to me that a lot of what people take for a sign of Hitler's "Thinking" is something that strikes me as a product of Intuition, which isn't even a judging function.
    The lack of "Thinking" is your strongest argument imo. I haven't really considered it enough from that angle. As mentioned: If I find the same, I'm inclined to change my position. Ts tend to have a certain kind of consistency in thoughts and writing (even when applying to emotions). Especially Ts with Ti, but also many Te.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

  3. #93
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,908

    Default

    I'm afraid I've talked about this too much today for me to go on my usual point by point response, but... I'm very convinced that his values are not show. They are personal to him. He believed a lot of what he said, and wanted to believe a lot of the rest, even though he was in self-conflict.

    That's probably it for today/tonight.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #94
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Heavens help us - what happened here?!

    First, to Captain Chick and all other NFs who are interested and/or posted:

    We did not mean it mean when we said that Hitler was an NF. Heck, I am an NF - but we are talking about NFs who "went wrong." You guys are all NFs who "went right" - so we aren't talking about NFs in general, but just those who went to the "dark side." We love you guys and the forum wouldn't be the same without you.

    I know it is hard to think of an NF in those terms. I mean, when we see NF we think of all the NFs who developed "positively." We think about Ghandi and Princess Di; we think of Mary and Jesus; we think of Nelson Mandela and JFK; we think of all those cute NF characters that make us laugh and smile and feel good. People who dream of a better world and want to make life better. Hell, we think of the NFs on this forum, most of whom are happy, peaceful and kind/considerate.

    Hitler an NF?! No way - when we think of Hitler we think of some bizarre combination of Stewie Griffin, Voldemort and Terminator. We think of some inane, infeasible total evil; brilliant but totally messed up. And since most people associate this kind of behavior with NTs (um, don't ask me why - I think it is TOTALLY unfair), they think Hitler must be an NT.

    Also, most historical information we have about Hitler is totally biased in two ways:

    a) Most of the info we have on him come from his speeches, in which (I believe) he put on another "hat" in public. Sure, here he can come across as an ENTJ almost, or even an ENFP (Don't hate me CC). But this was a facade, imo.

    b) Most historical information is biased in some way. I mean even if you get the most NT, the most objective, the most pedantic person to record history, not everyone can record everything, which means (by default) a filter must be used. Someone has to decide what is important and what isn't. I mean, we do not record every time Hitler went to the restroom or eat a plate of lasagne.

    Couple that truth with the fact that most historians are TOTALLY biased, and you have a mixture of disaster. Don't think history is biased - it is written by SJs or NTs? Take another look.

    Stalin was an evil bastid too. Take a look - the guy totally eliminated whole groups of people. Some estimates report that he killed up to 60 MILLION of the peasant farmers, to whom he referred to as "Kulaks." Take a look at this quote from Wikipedia:

    ...And at roughly the same time, forced rapid industrialization of the largely rural country and collective farming by confiscating the lands of farmers. He derogatorily referred to farmers who refused his reforms as "kulaks", a class of rich peasant which had in actual fact been wiped out by World War One; millions were killed, exiled to Siberia, or died of starvation after their land, homes, meager possessions, and ability to earn an existence from the land were taken to fulfill Stalin's vision of massive "factory farms"....At the end of 1930s, Stalin launched the Great Purge, a major campaign of political repression. During his continued repressions, millions of people who were a threat to the Soviet politics or suspected of being such a threat were executed or exiled to Gulag labor camps in remote areas of Siberia or Central Asia, where many more died of disease, malnutrition and exposure. A number of ethnic groups in Russia were forcibly resettled for political reasons. Stalin's rule, reinforced by a cult of personality, fought real and alleged opponents mainly through the security apparatus, such as the NKVD.

    (Oops pressed the wrong button)

    (Sound like someone we know?!)

    This guy was even more ruthless than Hitler - well, okay, how do you quantify ruthlessness??? But he was just as bad. And he did this with his own people. Gahhhh! But no one ever talks about this guy like they talked about Hitler. WHY?! Because he was our ally against Fascism, that's why. Take a look at poor George Orwell - when he wanted to publish his political satire Animal Farm (which criticises the development of the Russian revolution under Stalinist rule) no one (NO ONE) wanted to publish it in London in 1945 until AFTER the war was over. Dude, how unfair is that?!

    What I'm saying is that historical sources are hardly EVER objective. They never portray the whole picture. Since we rarely see Hitler outside the context of his speeches, we have to rely on eyewitness accounts, and they are often afraid to open up and talk. So we have to rely on a very few first-hand accounts, like that of Junge or Speer. So an accurate portrayal is almost impossible.

    That being said, I think that after observing both the first-hand accounts, in addition to some very critical analyses of books, films, etc. one can only argue that this guy was an NF gone terribly wrong. Take a look at this version of weaknesses:

    Negotiator
    INFJs as Negotiators


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Strengths
    Strengths of INFJs

    Entranced by ideas - can be innovative in finding solutions. (check)
    Not swayed by popular notions of what is "right." Will find own way. (check)
    Visionary about the future. (cehck)
    Committed to own ideals of what outcome ought to be. (check)
    Determined to implement their views. (definitely big check)
    Can persuade spouse to cooperate with their vision and will be effective in own behalf as negotiator. (well, maybe not - she served another function, but considering he considered his spouse to be the German VOLK - BIG HUGE ASS CHECK)

    Weaknesses
    Weaknesses of INFJ's as negotiators

    Under stress they may lose sequence, become disordered, get their priorities confused. (check)
    Same determination and single-mindedness which is their strength can be a weakness if they fail to consider opponent's views or possibilities of other options. (biggggg check)
    See own idea as perfect, may miss risk that idea is faulty. May miss sound practical aspects of opponent's ideas. (definitely)
    If spouse's lawyer intervenes,they can become frustrated and not negotiate well. (umm...)
    Can miss the give and take needed in negotiations. (YUP)
    Can get discouraged if their idea or approach is negated. (definitely)
    Can react by giving up and going to trial (which may not go any better for them). (okay, war, but same idea)
    They like harmony and if emotional conflict gets too high, may opt out of negotiations. (yup, Blitzkrieg sounds more like it).
    Tendency to hold back part of themselves (this is proven through many eyewitnesses)
    Not good with money or practical day-to-day life necessities (he was practical in some ways, but not others)
    Extreme dislike of conflict and criticism (oh hellz yeah)
    Have very high expectations for themselves and others (both a strength and weakness) (DEFINITELY)
    Have difficulty leaving a bad relationship (don't know about all that, but look at Geli Raubl).

    How others see the INFJ as a Negotiator

    Manipulative. (check)
    Too nice and trusting. (okay, maybe not here, but no one is 100% INFJ)
    Not very flexible. (yup)
    Won't consider other options, ideas. (definitely)
    Won't listen to other's ideas. (hell yeah)

    Traits of INFJ
    Intuitively understand people and situations (OH YEAH)
    Idealistic (DEFINITELY)
    Highly principled (in his own definition, yes)
    Complex and deep (no question there)
    Natural leaders (totally)
    Sensitive and compassionate towards people (as long as you fit in the definition of right people, yes)
    Service-oriented (sure!)
    Future-oriented (no question there)
    Value deep, authentic relationships (hard to say)
    Reserved about expressing their true selves (definitely)
    Dislike dealing with details unless they enhance or promote their vision (right)
    Constantly seeking meaning and purpose in everything (yes)
    Creative and visionary (without a doubt)
    Intense and tightly-wound (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)
    Can work logically and rationally - use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it (He did this until 42)

    So what we are talking about here is not a GOOD INFJ - for heaven's sake, but an INFJ who has developed into a total - well, what word can we use???

    The problem with NFs is the following: When we are good, we are almost too good for words. But when we turn bad, we are worse than any NT, SJ, or SP. When we turn bad, we turn BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean bad!!! (Did I mention, bad?!) In this way, I have to agree with BlueWing (Holy crap, did I just say I agree with BW?!?!?!?!! Write it down in the history books!!!) When NF goes awry, it totally does beyond the point of no return. 99% of us are cool, kind, compassionate, sweet, affectionate, passionate, and just all around GREAT. 1% of us are totally F-ed up!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #95
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    I'd have to agree with Entropie, and probably more out there, Hitler looks like an ENTP or ENTJ to me. An unhealthy one, mind you. But still, I recognize a lot of myself in him. Sad to say it, cause I really don't like that guy He probably wasn't a Perciever though, because he had such strict routines.

    Sacre bleu!

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  6. #96
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'd have to agree with Entropie, and probably more out there, Hitler looks like an ENTP or ENTJ to me. An unhealthy one, mind you. But still, I recognize a lot of myself in him. Sad to say it, cause I really don't like that guy He probably wasn't a Perciever though, because he had such strict routines.

    Sacre bleu!
    When he spoke, I totally agree that he wore an ENTJ hat. Also when he met with his generals, perhaps - I think he had to in order to gain respect and maintain his authority. However, I still maintain that this was an INFJ at heart. Totally respect your opinion though. :-)

    By the way, I totally agree with your assessment that he was not a P.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #97
    Member sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Hey, did the discussion die here? I thought you were gonna continue your argument about whether he was Fe or not (he was not!! gaah)... not sure if I actually care to do any more arguing myself, though. But, Little Linguist, I would also check most things on that checklist, except the Fe stuff (and that's also where you seem least convinced yourself), because he wasn't Fe... evil INFJs make good sect leaders, that's how far they go, but starting a World War? Naa. It just isn't their style.

  8. #98
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,908

    Default

    Oh, I'm sorry. I was meaning to respond to her last elaboration, but I forgot. I mighgt get around to it, but I'm not promising. Things have been staggard for me as of late.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #99
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Just wanted to give this one for the best xD. Have not found one with an english translation though, sry.

    It is about the reason, why he started the war. It mainly deals with the fact that Hitler has had only one testicle and was searching for the other xD:

    YouTube - Hitler hatte nur ein Ei

  10. #100
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Just a random thought. For the people who say that he's too inhumane to be an NF, consider it from a different perspective. Looking back on it now, yeah, of course he's the most inhumane bastard ever to cross the planet. However, he saw a country that was in serious need of some form of leadership and believed that he knew a way to fix things. xNTJs always get the credit when some asshole steps up and says "I'm going to smite you all", but he stepped up and said "I'm going to save us all". I'm not saying that he wasn't evil, but he did have the welfare of his country in mind when he took the position.

    Actually, after all that rambling, I'm starting to see how INFJ could fit. An unhealthy desire to fix everything coupled with a twisted set of principles telling him that he's doing right. Hm. I don't know. Most likely an INF, at any rate.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Similar Threads

  1. Eight Function Analysis of INTPs
    By Totenkindly in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
  2. Self Analysis and conclusions - seeking feedback.
    By TenebrousReflection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
  3. Volunteers for handwriting analysis?
    By white in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 01:28 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 03:07 AM
  5. Hitler does a nice two step :0
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO