User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Types of MBTI Authors/Practioners/Educators

I have done a few google and book searches for the information I am seeking, but could only find what I have below.

Katharine Briggs - INFJ
    Isabel Myers - INFP
    Keirsey - INTP
    Beebe - ENTP
    Berens - INTP
    Gordon Lawrence - ENTP
    Donna Dunning - ENFP
    Linda Kirby - INTP
    Jean Kummerow - ESTJ
    Nancy Barger - ENFP

Anyone know the actual self-reported types of the following MBTI "big names"/authors ?:

Otto Kroeger
    Theusen
    Paul Tieger
    Lenore Thomson
    Dario Nardi - INTJ (thanks velveteen)
    Roger Pearman
    Naomi Quenk - INFP? (I think I remember reading this in her book on stress)
    Mary McCaulley
    Last edited by Myshkin14; 12-22-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: updating

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What about Vicky Jo? She's actually not INFJ-y at all.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myshkin14 View Post
    I have done a few google and book searches for the information I am seeking, but could only find what I have below.

Isabel Myers - INFJ
    No, Myers self-typed as an INFP, this is written everywhere. I'm not sure where you got INFJ from.

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    I'd read several places that she is Fe-dominant.
    Likes velveteen liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I'd read several places that she is Fe-dominant.
    Yeah, she strikes me as a classic ENFJ rather than an INFJ. Oh, the irony.

Nardi is an INTJ, and I'd also like to add A.J. Drenth of Personality Junkie to that list. He's an INTP.
    joharinohari
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    No, Myers self-typed as an INFP, this is written everywhere. I'm not sure where you got INFJ from.
    You are right. I lost focus when I was typing and confused her with her mother Katherine Briggs. I updated the OP.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    I am only familiar with her INFJ website. I have seen one video of her doing an interview. I think she is one of the few who actually get INFJs accurate in depth. I think I read on that website that she is an MBTI certified practitioner and is a verified INFJ through the official MBTI assessment? As an INFJ myself, I know that F part of her is what makes INFJs seem so extraverted. When I am around people I am close to, or I feel super safe being myself or being allowed to use my gifts without judgment, people confuse me as an extreme extravert. I have read a few times buried somewhere in official MBTI profile reports that INFJs are one of if not the most extraverted of the introverts.

Experience keeps confirming for me that while all four letters of our MBTI code tell us something about our differences with others of a different letter, when it comes to actually doing extraverted things, the E/I preference flys out the window as far as trying to make an experiential guess as to someone's type. Because keep in mind, we are all extraverted and we are all introverted. It is just a matter of how, when, and how much.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, I too am an INFJ and I disagree with the description of the INFJ as very extraverted. Anyway, she seems like an obvious Fe dom to me.

Enneagram
    9w8

I believe Vicky Jo really is an INFJ.

Keep in mind that an NiFe can indeed appear very extroverted on a video or during a performance of any kind.

Vicky Jo is older than many participants here and her tertiary function is going to also come into play. She, regardless of how she may seem, is anything but haphazard and Ni goes before Fe with her. Her videos may appear Fe, but they are the planned products of Ni. She is merely using Fe to get across what her Ni has already decided. I have spoken with her on many occasions, rarely about MBTI. I just wanted to get to know her as a person, after hearing a lot of people online dog her. I figured there must be something worth investigating, so I approached her, befriended her and found her to be an a genuine INFJ. However, she is VERY different than I am in many ways. Not all INFJs are the same. Just because we share the same functions and process information the same way does not mean that we are going to see every eye to eye on everything or that we all have the same functions operating in the same quantities.

For example, I am an INFJ. However, my Ti is very developed, probably because of where I am in my life and what I do. I depend on it as a writer. Being analytical is my life line, but I'm in no way an INTP. It is STILL my tertiary function.

I also often get mistaken for an ISTP, but I'm not an ISTP. I'm just an INFJ who happens to engage SeTi on a regular basis as a result of my training heavily in martial arts. Bruce Lee was sometimes mistaken for an INFJ but he was more likely an ISTP with a highly developed Ni.

Sometimes I am mistaken for an ENFJ but I'm not one. The person observing is just happening to see me in a situation where Fe appears more dominant than it really is, such as a performance or video presentation, etc. Fe is still my auxiliary function, even though it may be far less prominent than say, Vicky Jo's. We can't look at another person and say they're not our type because they don't seem to behave like we do. I hope this makes sense and comes across the way that I mean for it, too, with the intent to be helpful.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes velveteen, Ghost liked this post