User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    The three scenes I linked are extremely xSTJ. Aragorn is very loyal, has a strong sense of duty, believes in what is in front of him ("Open war is upon you whether you will have it or not"). He's is not Fe with compassion, but very Fi. You forget that ISTJ's are just upside down INFPs while an INFJ is an inverted INFP.
    He's not dutiful like a ESTJ. He's a ranger, who is basically a drifter loyal to no king or ruler. He's loyal to his friends and to his values, but so can any type. He's a man trying to figure out his place in the world. He doesn't feel any sense of duty to become king. He's not willing to storm into Minis Tirith and take the crown that's rightfully his - he's actually hesitant to become king. He's focused on helping solve the problems of Middle Earth by guiding others to make good decisions, than taking up a leadership role. He only does so when he's forced to due to a lack of leaders. The quote you mention shows his ability to read the situation and the way things are going in ways others cannot (ie. Ni). He sees that war is coming and tries convince others to get ready and take action before it is too late. This is foreseeing things, not seeing what is immediately in front of him - others are being too short-sighted and he is trying to snap them out of it.

Future possibilities is a Ne thing which xSTJs possess.
    Actually Ni is the function most linked to foreseeing the future. Ne is about possibilities in general. Ns tend to be more future focussed, but NJs are the best at it.

Boromir is far too emotionally volatile - also emotionally manipulative - maybe ESFJ or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uGDjSVLOk / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fpWRyAl4U
    Who is making assumptions about types now? Boromir is not manipulative - he's far too direct for it to be so. He lies and tries to persuade Frodo to give him the ring - which any type could do. The ring creates a desperation in people that would affect all types. Boromir just had more of a need (ie. to save his people) so he was more susceptible. And Te doms are more inclined to be volatile (not always but often).

I can't watch videos at the moment, so I can't look at these clips.

Aragorn is very emotionally reserved - like in this scene, he takes Boromir's anger at him, until finally his emotions lash out at Boromir - that's usually an Fi thing more than Fe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYPWM5ukU8
    This could be true of any introverted type.

All this is besides the point and is a total derail from the topic, anyway.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    He's not dutiful like a ESTJ. He's a ranger, who is basically a drifter loyal to no king or ruler. He's loyal to his friends and to his values, but so can any type. He's a man trying to figure out his place in the world. He doesn't feel any sense of duty to become king. He's not willing to storm into Minis Tirith and take the crown that's rightfully his - he's actually hesitant to become king. He's focused on helping solve the problems of Middle Earth by guiding others to make good decisions, than taking up a leadership role. He only does so when he's forced to due to a lack of leaders. The quote you mention shows his ability to read the situation and the way things are going in ways others cannot (ie. Ni). He sees that war is coming and tries convince others to get ready and take action before it is too late. This is foreseeing things, not seeing what is immediately in front of him - others are being too short-sighted and he is trying to snap them out of it.
    He knows there's war coming because he was tutored by Elrond, and was present at the Council of Elrond and because he knows the importance of the ring. I'll concede you were right that he's probably not ESTJ. But, INFJ? No... I don't believe that for a second. He doesn't trust Boromir because he was raised by elves. He fears the weakness of humanity, in himself as well.

You say he doesn't have a sense of duty. As far as I can tell he does everything out of his sense of duty. He fears not living up to his own expectations of him. He's upright, loyal, dutiful, humble, decisive when he needs to be, contemplative when he doesn't need to be. I just disagree with your assessment. I really don't think he's INFJ at all. Wormtongue is INFJ

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    That sounds like classic Fi-PoLR to me.

Same functions. Introvert/Extrovert is too insignificant to qualify as a legitimate type confusion.
    Potato, tomato, tomato, potato.
    That is Fi, but it is how I would see it expressed in a villain.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFJ

Default The banality of evil

I think an INFP villain, would be someone who stands by to let evil happen, thereby facilitating it. No offense, but INFPs often pride themselves on their values, when those values aren't necessarily always observable on the behavioral level. I think evil is also letting it happen.

Maybe we as INFJs are capable of committing atrocious murders, when we go down the wrong path. But I don't see INFPs sacrificing themselves to stop it. Not because that wouldn't correspond with their values, but because they get so lost in the many paths in their head that they never arrive there.

One could also argue that when INFPs go wrong, they develop a deep selfishness that is complex because they don't themselves perceive as such.

I don't know if anyone would ever agree with me on this, but I can sort of see Daisy Buchanan from the Great Gatsby as such a person. And she is definitely a heinous person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Similar to Sweeny Todd in just aesthetic and occupational regard, Edward Scissorhands is seen societally as an INFP villain. He's also one of my favorite film characters ^.^ so cool, aesthetically, and emotionally compelling.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

MBTI
    ExFJ

Makoto Itou from School Days (I don't think he's an ISXP because people often type the boring/harem anime male as INFP. He seems Ne more than Se, believe it or not.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Yuki from Mirai Nikki is an INFP and sort of a villain because he went all crazy killing the orphans. Also, he sometimes is selfish towards Yuno. Even with himself, he can be a villain. He didn't think for himself so he ends up dragging himself into all these conflicts.
    Nina from Code Geass is definitely a great example of INFP villain
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    I think it's a mistake to believe that all INFPs see themselves as virtuous. Fi isn't always an "I feel virtuous" function. Sometimes it's just "I do what my emotions tell me to do." There's nothing about any of the MBTI types that implies virtue or lack thereof. I think Jung would have been very uncomfortable attaching value judgements and morals to his temperments.
    Jung disliked Fi, calling it petty.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Lady vengeance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Red Hood is like the perfect example for The Dark Side INFP.

It all goes down to his pain and feeling abandoned. And revenge for feeling betrayed and lots of self pain that's caused him into the downward spiral to kill off villains instead of just take them to jail like batman does.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)

Eclectic Oddball, that I am
    Likes Xann liked this post