MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I know...

(Going into character now...)

"I don't care about you or your feelings. It is what I want that matters. My happiness is the only thing that I wish to attain. I do not care what others do and I do not want to control others, however, if you dare get in the way of my happiness, I won't skip a beat when I quickly and effectively get rid of you. Do you understand?"

(Going out of character now...)

Yes, this is my own dark side that I face. There is the selfishness in me that I try to mask by being generous.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Yes, this is my own dark side that I face. There is the selfishness in me that I try to mask by being generous.
    Weren't you INFP like a few hours ago? I could have sworn I saw you posting as INFP.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    Weren't you INFP like a few hours ago? I could have sworn I saw you posting as INFP.
    Yes. I know I am either one or the other, but I have never been sure one way or the other.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

INFJs are the Grinches who steal Christmas and the Antia Sarkeesians who go into fury that people are having fun on their video games.
    Oh god, you're one of those idiots. Obviously logical discussion is going to be a struggle with you.

And Aragorn is probably a INFJ. Regardless, ESTJ is one type he definitely isn't.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Oh god, you're one of those idiots. Obviously logical discussion is going to be a struggle with you.

And Aragorn is probably a INFJ. Regardless, ESTJ is one type he definitely isn't.
    I'm not really sure about Aragorn. Maybe ISTJ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmEeC8TaJsc / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w8yWQwHSaI

Maybe you're too used to all xSTJs being jerks in movies and the like to recognize the good ones?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Maybe you're too used to all xSTJs being jerks in movies and the like to recognize the good ones?
    No, I'm not as simple minded as that.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No, I'm not as simple minded as that.
    Then make an argument for Ni/Fe for Aragorn because I don't see it at all...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Then make an argument for Ni/Fe for Aragorn because I don't see it at all...
    Well, he's too quiet and reserved to be a Extrovert for one thing. He's intuitive, sensitive, diplomatic, compassionate, and decisive - leading with his heart rather than his head. He has a quiet interpersonal awareness and spiritual sensitivity that comes from Fe. He sees the potential value in the people around them and seeks to appeal to and bring out the best in them. He thinks cautiously about future possibilities/dangers and of the underlying elements of what is going on around him.

Boromir is a ESTJ and the differences between them are clear. Boromir is more direct, practical and forceful. He is driven by a strong sense of justice, duty and precedent. None of these things have much influence on Aragorn - he forges a different path.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I know...

(Going into character now...)

"I don't care about you or your feelings. It is what I want that matters. My happiness is the only thing that I wish to attain. I do not care what others do and I do not want to control others, however, if you dare get in the way of my happiness, I won't skip a beat when I quickly and effectively get rid of you. Do you understand?"

(Going out of character now...)

That sounds like classic Fi-PoLR to me.

Same functions. Introvert/Extrovert is too insignificant to qualify as a legitimate type confusion.
    Potato, tomato, tomato, potato.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, he's too quiet and reserved to be a Extrovert for one thing. He's intuitive, sensitive, diplomatic, compassionate, and decisive - leading with his heart rather than his head. He has a quiet interpersonal awareness and spiritual sensitivity that comes from Fe. He sees the potential value in the people around them and seeks to appeal to and bring out the best in them. He thinks cautiously about future possibilities/dangers and of the underlying elements of what is going on around him.

Boromir is a ESTJ and the differences between them are clear. Boromir is more direct, practical and forceful. He is driven by a strong sense of justice, duty and precedent.
    The three scenes I linked are extremely xSTJ. Aragorn is very loyal, has a strong sense of duty, believes in what is in front of him ("Open war is upon you whether you will have it or not"). He's is not Fe with compassion, but very Fi. You forget that ISTJ's are just upside down INFPs while an INFJ is an inverted INFP.

Future possibilities is a Ne thing which xSTJs possess.

Boromir is far too emotionally volatile - also emotionally manipulative - maybe ESFJ or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uGDjSVLOk / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fpWRyAl4U

Aragorn is very emotionally reserved - like in this scene, he takes Boromir's anger at him, until finally his emotions lash out at Boromir - that's usually an Fi thing more than Fe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYPWM5ukU8