User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Max Dillon aka Electro from Spider Man. Likable guy but he let his emotions get the better of him. It's hard not to feel bad for him.

MBTI
    INfP

As long as we're talking about uncommon villain types, can anyone think of any ENFP or ESFP villains?

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Pretty much INFPs are equals to everyone else in how they can be villainous. The difference is in why.

1. Moral reasons - John Brown, Charles J. Guitea, I was almost going to say Lee Harvey Oswald, but that face is neutral. Way too neutral. Hrrm. Maybe he was the illusive psychopath INFP. Oh well. Klebold, he was VERY political. He was quite dissatisfied with society. Felt that it should change (a little help from the psychopath didn't hurt to push him over the edge). Changed it.
    Calling real people villains is kinda iffy IMO. I've read a bit about Lee Harvey Oswald, he seems like an ISTP. Can't comment on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Not much in the anti-hero category unless you count Llewyn Davis from Inside Llewyn Davis.
    Infps and estjs are probably the least used movie, novel characters. When estjs are used they are always used negatively. Woody from toy story and that star wars princes are the only exceptions. Riker from star trek is probably one too. Hard to tell.

So yeah southern kross you are never going to get a chance to sell your autobiograohy into a movie. Unless you are a crime fighting, bike riding, tattooed badass fighting crime in ...... shit you live in new zealand. No crimes either. A shepard. A badass shepard.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    May I suggest...a silent movie?
    How can we observe their internal drama? There has to be plenty of internal monologues. You know NFs.
    Likes Southern Kross liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Not much in the anti-hero category unless you count Llewyn Davis from Inside Llewyn Davis.
    Sigh... I think you're just one of the very nice INFPs who pays no attention to the dark side of the INFP. I like fictional evil people because they're interesting. Some real evil people are interesting too, but not in a way I can kind of laugh like at fictional ones:

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Infps and estjs are probably the least used movie, novel characters. When estjs are used they are always used negatively. Woody from toy story and that star wars princes are the only exceptions. Riker from star trek is probably one too. Hard to tell.
    Woody is probably a ESFJ.

ESTJs are often portrayed negatively in fiction but there are plenty of good ones out there. I have some on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    Sigh... I think you're just one of the very nice INFPs who pays no attention to the dark side of the INFP. I like fictional evil people because they're interesting. Some real evil people are interesting too, but not in a way I can kind of laugh like at fictional ones:
    *Sigh* You're very dramatic. Stop trying so hard - you've only been here 5 minutes.

I would disagree with 2 out of 3 of those as INFPs. Sweeney Todd, like I said, I haven't seen. I don't know who the other is (willow from Buffy? If so, maybe).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I would disagree with 2 out of 3 of those as INFPs. Sweeney Todd, like I said, I haven't seen. I don't know who the other is (willow from Buffy? If so, maybe).
    Yes, Willow - the evil Willow - who decides to destroy the world and can only be stopped by, of course, hugs. I've put up 3 clips from Sweeney Todd... I've not seen him typed as anything else online except one person who said ISTP which is just extremely off.

I vacillate between INFP and ISFP for Phantom but settle on INFP because of his single-mindedness in pursuing Christine when an ISFP might not be so precise and obsessive - nor as longwinded in pursuing (stalking) a romantic interest . He is very Se in some of his songs. But he's also Ne in other parts. He's not Ti at all, and given that only Se and Ne can fit, he must be Fi which fits his emotional outbursts as well as the way he hides the extremity of his emotions when in the company of others. Also, coincidentally like Willow, he's stopped by a kiss. And, that's how you know he's not actually Se because only an Ne would find a kiss without love hollow after the level of Phantom's madness.

Anyway - I'm ok with a few completely nuts INFP characters. Nothing like actually being INFJ and sharing type with actual terrorists and genocidal maniacs.

I'm less certain with Anakin, I've not seen the Star Wars movies in a long time and it's not on Netflix.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

The phantom is a 4w5 for sure, which is easily confused for a straight INFP correlation (which it isn't necessarily). I went back and forth for ages on his MBTI but I would say INFJ is more likely. He plans and tries to control things too much to be a INFP. He has that wayward INFJ going on - he's very like a whole range of INFJ characters that start off well but have gone off the rails (eg. Loki, Gollum, Ra’s al Ghul, or V from V for Vendetta).

Anakin Skywalker is very likely a ISFP.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The phantom is a 4w5 for sure, which is easily confused for a straight INFP correlation (which it isn't necessarily). I went back and forth for ages on his MBTI but I would say INFJ is more likely. He plans and tries to control things too much to be a INFP. He has that wayward INFJ going on - he's very like a whole range of INFJ characters that start off well but have gone off the rails (eg. Loki, Gollum, Ra’s al Ghul, or V from V for Vendetta).

Nothing about Phantom is Fe. Sure, the V guy is INFJ - but that's because he's Ni-Fe. He's driven by a political ideology, an Ni interpretation of the world which manifests in the very strong Fe need for control of the environment.

Phantom is driven by an Fi desire. He's poor at planning, isn't even sure what his ultimate goal is, and doesn't even understand his own motivations completely as evidenced by being kissed by Christine and understanding that without her actual love, he is not ok.

I honestly think you're just associating V's political (Fe) kidnapping/protector nature with what's her name with Phantom's love(in the very unhealthy sense)-oriented (Fi) kidnapping. However, I'm not extremely familiar with V and have never seen the movie - I despise INFJs and have never liked any of their characters. I've always hated characters like Batman since I was a little kid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

We are talking about the Lloyd Weber musical Phantom right? Not the books? I'm not familiar with the books.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    We are talking about the Lloyd Weber musical Phantom right? Not the books? I'm not familiar with the books.
    Yeah. I haven't read the books either.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte