User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Family Sitcom Characters

Looking for insights on typing the following characters:

Al Bundy (Married With Children) - ESTP?
    Fred Sanford (Sanford and Son) - EFP?
    Archie Bunker (All In The Family) - STJ? (updated: ESTJ)
    Cliff Huxtable (Cosby Show) - FJ?
    The Keatons (Family Ties)
    Alex
    Elise
    Stephen
    Mallory
    Jennifer
    Last edited by Myshkin14; 12-08-2014 at 02:51 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I thought Heathcliff Huxtable was an INFJ!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    I thought Heathcliff Huxtable was an INFJ!
    My impression is FJ too.
    Last edited by Myshkin14; 12-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Archie Bunker -- Unfortunately I think you are right, and that he fits all the stereotypical traits of the ISTJ. Next guess, ESTJ.

Si -- Archie is a big stickler for details, details, details. They mean everything to him, they are "so obvious" to him, and it is wrong and stupid to change them, to him. In one episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to eat the food on your plate when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; in another episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to make your bed when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; and of course, he can describe exactly what a person "should" be like based on their ethnicity. He's religious, conservative, doesn't like people sitting in "his chair", in fact he'll wait until the offender figures out what's "obviously" wrong with occupying that seat.

I entertain the thought of Extravert because he doesn't hesitate to say exactly what he's thinking. So yeah, maybe ESTJ. He also usually likes talking with his buddies. Later, he became a bartender/owner, which I imagine would be annoying for most ISTJs.

Ne -- He does have his stereotypical paranoia and conspiracy theories that are associated with Inferior Ne.

(Edith Bunker -- Seems like the stereotype of an ESFJ, but with a big helping of Ne.)
    (Michael Stivic (Meathead) -- ENTP is a good kneejerk guess. But maybe NF?)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Archie Bunker -- Unfortunately I think you are right, and that he fits all the stereotypical traits of the ISTJ. Next guess, ESTJ.

Si -- Archie is a big stickler for details, details, details. They mean everything to him, they are "so obvious" to him, and it is wrong and stupid to change them, to him. In one episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to eat the food on your plate when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; in another episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to make your bed when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; and of course, he can describe exactly what a person "should" be like based on their ethnicity. He's religious, conservative, doesn't like people sitting in "his chair", in fact he'll wait until the offender figures out what's "obviously" wrong with occupying that seat.

I entertain the thought of Extravert because he doesn't hesitate to say exactly what he's thinking. So yeah, maybe ESTJ. He also usually likes talking with his buddies. Later, he became a bartender/owner, which I imagine would be annoying for most ISTJs.

Ne -- He does have his stereotypical paranoia and conspiracy theories that are associated with Inferior Ne.

(Edith Bunker -- Seems like the stereotype of an ESFJ, but with a big helping of Ne.)
    (Michael Stivic (Meathead) -- ENTP is a good kneejerk guess. But maybe NF?)
    Thanks for the response. The show was just before my time, so I have little to go on.

I'm not big on typing by functions, I try to stick with the original MBTI preference dichotomies. Because of this, I find the E/I dichotomy to be the most difficult to guess in others. Based on what you posted I'll go with E.