• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Family Sitcom Characters

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ
Looking for insights on typing the following characters:

Al Bundy (Married With Children) - ESTP?
Fred Sanford (Sanford and Son) - EFP?
Archie Bunker (All In The Family) - STJ? (updated: ESTJ)
Cliff Huxtable (Cosby Show) - FJ?
The Keatons (Family Ties)
Alex
Elise
Stephen
Mallory
Jennifer

Last edited:

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought Heathcliff Huxtable was an INFJ!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Archie Bunker -- Unfortunately I think you are right, and that he fits all the stereotypical traits of the ISTJ. Next guess, ESTJ. :dry:

Si -- Archie is a big stickler for details, details, details. They mean everything to him, they are "so obvious" to him, and it is wrong and stupid to change them, to him. In one episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to eat the food on your plate when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; in another episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to make your bed when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; and of course, he can describe exactly what a person "should" be like based on their ethnicity. He's religious, conservative, doesn't like people sitting in "his chair", in fact he'll wait until the offender figures out what's "obviously" wrong with occupying that seat.

I entertain the thought of Extravert because he doesn't hesitate to say exactly what he's thinking. So yeah, maybe ESTJ. He also usually likes talking with his buddies. Later, he became a bartender/owner, which I imagine would be annoying for most ISTJs.

Ne -- He does have his stereotypical paranoia and conspiracy theories that are associated with Inferior Ne.

(Edith Bunker -- Seems like the stereotype of an ESFJ, but with a big helping of Ne.)
(Michael Stivic (Meathead) -- ENTP is a good kneejerk guess. But maybe NF?)

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ
Archie Bunker -- Unfortunately I think you are right, and that he fits all the stereotypical traits of the ISTJ. Next guess, ESTJ. :dry:

Si -- Archie is a big stickler for details, details, details. They mean everything to him, they are "so obvious" to him, and it is wrong and stupid to change them, to him. In one episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to eat the food on your plate when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; in another episode, Archie tells Mike the "right way" to make your bed when he sees Mike doing it "incorrectly"; and of course, he can describe exactly what a person "should" be like based on their ethnicity. He's religious, conservative, doesn't like people sitting in "his chair", in fact he'll wait until the offender figures out what's "obviously" wrong with occupying that seat.

I entertain the thought of Extravert because he doesn't hesitate to say exactly what he's thinking. So yeah, maybe ESTJ. He also usually likes talking with his buddies. Later, he became a bartender/owner, which I imagine would be annoying for most ISTJs.

Ne -- He does have his stereotypical paranoia and conspiracy theories that are associated with Inferior Ne.

(Edith Bunker -- Seems like the stereotype of an ESFJ, but with a big helping of Ne.)
(Michael Stivic (Meathead) -- ENTP is a good kneejerk guess. But maybe NF?)

Thanks for the response. The show was just before my time, so I have little to go on.

I'm not big on typing by functions, I try to stick with the original MBTI preference dichotomies. Because of this, I find the E/I dichotomy to be the most difficult to guess in others. Based on what you posted I'll go with E.