User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Ed Edd & Eddy

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Your analysis of Edd is interesting. I immediately went into this topic thinking that he was an INTJ of some sort, perhaps with overactive tertiary Fi , but you argued convincingly that he was an SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Uhhhh..no. It's totally psycho. Ren & Stimpy almost seems coherent compared to Edd...
    The shows easy enough to follow. Eddy comes up with a poorly thought up scheme, Edd improvises it, Ed proceeds to do all the manual labor while uttering random phrases ("butter toast!"), and eventually the trio's scheme falls apart after half-way accomplishing their goal. What makes it standout is the clever and imaginative way that the writers go about implementing this formula.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Ed- ESFP (His imagination seems more inclined to Ni, an inferior function for ESFPs, than Ne.)

Edd- ISTJ (with well-developed tertiary Fi)

Eddy-ESTP (quintessential persuader)

Kevin- ESTP

Nazz- eSFP (She appears to be ambiverted.)

Jonny- INFP

Sarah-ENfJ

Jimmy-INFJ

May- ESFp

Lee-ENTJ

Marie-ENTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I forgot all about this thread. This was from those first few months after I joined, and I was still pretty much shaping my understanding of the theory, (including trying to get that "81 Type" model with its "moderate" poles —"A", "X", etc. to fit, which I've since given up on) and learning the function attitudes and archetypes as I went along. So now, things are different:

Ed ExTP With all the stereotypes of introverted Thinking (scientific nerd, or whatever), I figured someone as "doofy" as him couldn't possibly prefer it. Or at least, that it is undeterminable. But since coming to think in terms of "technical vs humane", he clearly is not "humane" (focused on people and human affects), so he defaults to technical (Where int he earlier assumption, anyone who wasn't a technical genius must default to Feeling), and it's not external oriented (which would go more against that whole "doofy" profile), so it's PeTi.
    The problem is translating to Galen temperament, where both ExTP's are Sanguine-Choleric mixes. We can obviously see the Sanguine, but he doesn't seem like a Choleric. That might seem like ExFP, but again, he doesn't seem to be a Feeler at all.

Edd ISTJ (ISFJ). I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I've determined that he is technically focused (it's obvious, looking at it in that term), but with an unusually high (for a child) Fi sense of ethics, bolstered by the dom. Si sense of how things should be.
    We think Fe= the sole function of "social values", but Si+Fi will appear to do the same thing. As I've since added to my page:

"SJ is the temperament that values family cells, and such (Keirsey even associates it with a need to 'belong to social units'!) This sounds like Fe, but it is not necessarly so; of course, because there are both SFJ's (who do prefer Fe) and STJ's (for whom it is in the deepest shadow). The common need among SJ's of both stripes is Si, for which a family cell (or other organization) meets their need for something familiar that matches their tangible storehouse of data, rather than an externally set set humane standard of judgment."

Eddy ENTP (ENTJ) Obviously very Choleric, and didn't seem Sanguine (Get Things Going), but in the social level, he does accept people, or at least does not have a strict criteria in responding to them (which distinguishes the Sanguine from the Choleric), he just pushes to control them (financially).
    Back then, I was also still influenced by the stereotype of Ti-preferrers always being so "detached" and unemotional (Eddy is obviously constantly frustrated and angry), so he didn't fit that image. Now knowing better, he does fit the type, and his schemes do fit the whole "Inventor" type concept.

Sarah ENTJ Wasn't sure about T/F before; knowing only that she was obviously some sort of "In Charge" (Choleric). Know, it's obvious that she's not humanely focused, and again, "emotion" does not indicate F.

Kevin ISTP. I say the same ("ASTP", basically). Phlegmatic Melancholy in Inclusion (like my brother), Sanguine in Control. Phlegmatic Melancholy (http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm) is notably "more personable than most introverts" (on the surface), so he looks like he could be an extrovert. "Ability to socialize is used as a screening device to screen out those few individuals with whom he/she chooses to associate -- the few individuals with whom he/she associates for long periods of time must meet criteria which is in his/her mind."

The rest (For now); pretty much the same:

Rolf ISTJ
    Johnny INFP?
    Nazz ASFP?
    Jimmy INFJ
    Lee Kanker ENTJ
    Marie E?TJ
    May ESF?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

SingSmileShine

For the title three, I see:

Ed - ENFP
    Edd - INFJ
    Eddy - ESTP/ENTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

For the titular character's enneagram types...

Ed: ENfP 9w8

tritype: 9-7-2 (9w8- 7w6 -2w3)

Edd: ISTJ 1w2

tritype: 1-2-6 (1w2 - 2w1 - 6w5)

Eddy: EnTp 3w4

tritype: 3-7-8 (3w4 -7w8 - 8w7 )

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Wait, there's people that watch that show that aren't on crack?

I had no idea. :eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    The people who thought of Ed, Edd, and Eddy were likely on crack at the time they thought of the idea,
    its funny the S's didnt like the show. I bet one of the reason is they hated the way the characters were drawn.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

ed estp
    edd istj
    eddy entp 8
    sarah estj