• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daria

Type Daria

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Inspired by some comments in an older thread I was just browsing, I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in attempting to type the characters from the show "Daria". After re-watching many of the old episodes, I find myself incapable of appropriately typing many of the main characters. So if you are so inclined, have a guess or two :yes:.

Here are mine thus far:

Daria- INXP (At first I thought she was a definite "T", but now I'm not so convinced)
Jane- No idea. Perhaps INTP or ENTP? She seems more stable and a little more zany than Daria.
Trent- ESFP
Quinn- ENFJ
Britney- ENTJ (Did you see the paintball episode?)
Kevin- No Idea. He's neither logical nor "feelerish". Definite "S", though, I think.

I'll get to the auxiliary characters later if this thread gets any response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I haven't seen too many episodes of "Daria" but I was under the impression that Jane is an ISTP.. Daria seems very much like a T.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think Daria's INTP.
Jane could be ENTP or an ISTP but I don't think ESTP fits. I would lean towards ISTP I think.

I don't remember the other characters well enough but I LOVED that show when I was Daria. :D

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I used to love that show! But then it got on my nerves...
I haven't seen it in years so I will probably be a little off.
Daria: INTP
Jane- ISFJ
Trent- ESFP
Quinn- ENFJ
Britney- ENTJ
Kevin - I'd say ENFP.. Ew.. Hmm, I'll have to think about that one, haha!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I can see ISTP for Jane, but VanillaCat why do you say ISFJ? Isn't the function order Si, Fe, Ti? She doesn't seem to use Fe very much at all.

I also see that everyone so far is convinced that Daria is an INTP. I was almost sure of it, too, because of her biting sarcasm, but I changed my mind a little because she always seems to be preoccupied with the ethical considerations of her (and others) actions, and she tends to exhibit illogical behavior in situations such as when Jane joined the track team (why was she so pissy about it?) and in the episodes with Tom (which were annoying because she got to be so whiny).

Anyway, thanks everyone for contributing to the thread! :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Because INTPs are never ethical or irrational, right? ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Because INTPs are never ethical or irrational, right? ;)

NO! :D

I just meant that ethical considerations were always her main concern, and she seemed to be very sensitive (though she hid it behind a sarcastic and unconcerned exterior). This could be INFP, right?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think Daria's INTP.
Jane could be ENTP or an ISTP but I don't think ESTP fits. I would lean towards ISTP I think.

I don't remember the other characters well enough but I LOVED that show
Agree with all of the above.

when I was Daria. :D
?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Except for the glasses, I looked and acted an awful lot like a slightly sweeter Daria when I was a teen.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can see ISTP for Jane, but VanillaCat why do you say ISFJ? Isn't the function order Si, Fe, Ti? She doesn't seem to use Fe very much at all.

I dunno, it seemed right o_o; Like I said, I haven't seen it in a long while ^_^;

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I used to love that show too, until Jane got a boyfriend and it screwed up her relationship with Daria. I think that's what happened, it's been probably 9-10 years since I've seen the show.

Daria: INTP
Jane: ISTP, or ISFP
Trent: ISTP or ISFP also
Quinn: ESFP
Daria's Dad: ?? ESFx??
Daria's Mom: ESFJ?
Principal: ESTJ

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I watched some episodes on Youtube this weekend. Here's my impression of all of the characters I can attempt to type:

Daria - INTP (although she seems to have more Fi than Fe, but overall it makes most sense)
Jane Lane - ISTP, or ISFP
Trent - ISxP
Quinn - ESFJ
Daria's Mom - ENTJ or ESTJ
Daria's Dad - ESFJ
Brittany: ESFP
Kevin: ESFP
Mr. O'Neill: INFP
Ms. Li - ESTJ
Mr. DiMartino - ISTP
Sandy- ESFJ
Tom - INTJ

Thanks for reminding me of this show; I hadn't seen it in close to 10 years. It was fun to watch it again.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Daria: INTP (she has a kafka poster on her bedroom wall, collects anatomy models, and doesn't care for fashion...then again, she is a kind of romantic and is into creative writing. INxP?)

Jane- ISFP (maybe xSFP, she has extroverted moments)

Trent- ISTP

Jake- ESFx

Helen- ENxJ

Quinn- ENFJ

Sandi-ESTJ

Tiffany- a very stupid ISTJ?

i think the lame, whiny characters like Stacy and Mr. O'Neill are the INFPs!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I've heard and seen (especially from my wife who used to watch it), I've always gotten the impression of a Chart the Course type (IST/INJ) rather than a Behind the Scenes. INTP's may get cynical like that, but I think that is only sometimes; not all the time. They're a little bit lighter that, and some uf us, much lighter than that.
She reminds us of my wife's long time best friend who is probably ISTJ. From what I have seen, sometimes they are like that, when they for whatever reason don't trust any of the social units to meet their Guardian needs. So they become total "loners" who just reject everybody. The pure "Melancholic".

(I see that in that black & white still image pilot episode, she is a bit lighter and even smiles sometimes).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just meant that ethical considerations were always her main concern, and she seemed to be very sensitive (though she hid it behind a sarcastic and unconcerned exterior). This could be INFP, right?

Very much so. My sister used to call me "Daria" as a teen because she saw a lot of similarities. I still see Daria as more of an INTP overall though....I don't see her as that sensitive, or expressing it in the emotional INFP way. INTPs seem more likely to let something roll of their back, even if it hits a nerve.

Daria - INTP
Jane - ENFP, she just seems too open & outgoing to be an introvert & she's always dragging Daria to do things
Trent- ISFP
Quinn - ESFJ
Helen - ESTJ
Jake - ESFP
Britney- ESTP
Kevin - ESFP
Tom - INTJ

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've always thought Daria was very INTJ (though of course I'm probably slightly biased since I am and I love her so much) but there seems to be a lot of people who think she's INTP. It's hard to tell really. I've heard very strong arguments for both. But I stand by myself saying she's more likely INTJ.

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
I also thought she was more INTJ. I think it's probably because she shows more hints of Fi than Fe (like when they were at the mall and she tried to convince the business people that there was a higher moral purpose to their resistance).

I've enjoyed this show as well! :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think she's infp, only because I have an infp friend who has been called daria for the longest time because of her voice.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Daria is either SiTe or NeFi.