• ISTJ

0 0%
First 678910 Last

Thread: Daria

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Y
    Why? She's never disorganized - that I can remember. She's always on top of things, and almost always fully in control. No chaos for Daria.
    I wouldn't say she is necessarily "on top of things"

She might understand what is going on, but thats the extent of it. What I really took from the show is how little control she does have in her little weird world, and how aware she is of it. Basically, it screamed P to me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Daria could be some IxTJ in a PiFi loop but I just don't see Te, like some others have said before, she seems to just let things happen.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.
    i do this all the time and that strikes me as very INTP like, my INTJ friend would never do this.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    actually the INTPs in my family do this all the time. i love them, but that tendency drives me insane.
    why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

All Natural! All Good!

Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.
    Every type does this. There are more problems than solutions. People can see that.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFP

The show is structured like she's an INTP. It's about her responding to the events going around her. She never initiates anything, and really only goes along with things because "well, whatever." The only time she's directive is when the situation clearly needs someone to do something, and no one else is stepping up. She does it begrudgingly. It's still responding, not directing.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin View Post
    The show is structured like she's an INTP. It's about her responding to the events going around her. She never initiates anything, and really only goes along with things because "well, whatever." The only time she's directive is when the situation clearly needs someone to do something, and no one else is stepping up. She does it begrudgingly. It's still responding, not directing.
    no she is an ESFP, because she spoke once!
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    ^ That's not really what I said. I mean that almost all of the time she shows INTx preferences (even though she still uses the S and F functions sometimes, like any other person), but during some of the later episodes she has a sudden personality shift that is totally inconsistent with what she was like earlier in the series. I probably should not have used the word 'sloppy.' It looks more like the writer of the show changed, or the writer changed his/her mind about what Daria's personality should be like.
    Hm, I did not see it as a shift or inconsistency.....I do see the "difference" in later episodes, but I saw it as giving the character more depth/complexity, not as inconsistencies in her character's personality.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Hm, I did not see it as a shift or inconsistency.....I do see the "difference" in later episodes, but I saw it as giving the character more depth/complexity, not as inconsistencies in her character's personality.
    I see the difference you're describing too, I agree. I think it goes along with her dating Tom. She explores a new aspect of herself this way. Plus with finishing high school she's entering a new area of her life and has to deal with leaving her family, Jane, etc. If that doesn't make someone more mature I don't know what does. She has to "grow up" (though she always seemed adult like from an early age, compared to, for example, myself :P...for some reason Ps strike me as eternal children)
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ugh, I wanted the whole Tom arch to die a miserable death.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Ugh, I wanted the whole Tom arch to die a miserable death.
    I didn't like Tom personally... I just think his character was put there to show a different side of Daria and her friendship with Jane (since Tom also messed that up, initially, IIRC).
    So eat it, you should.