0 0%
First 56789 Last

Thread: Daria

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INTP 5w4 Sp/So, raised in an ESFJ family. Jane is an ISTP and Trent an ESTP. The Sp/So variant can make look ISTJ, but I don't think it's her type.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Daria is pretty much an INTP in an exaggerately (and stereotypically) ESfJ world. I think she has some F tendencies sometimes but not enough for INFP. I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.

As far as ISTJ goes, I think the moments later in the show when she appears SJ are very inconsistent and a result of sloppy writing rather than an expression of what character she was orginally intended to be This is what I suspect, at least. I would need to watch the whole series to decide this and better explain what I mean here.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I detect tertiary Fi in this - coming to terms with her feelings (values and ideals) and how to express them.
    Yes, definitely.

Re: other comments about her being ISTJ... One of the main differences I've noticed between ISTJs and INTJs is that ISTJs (like ESTJs) aren't so automatically skeptical of those above them in the hierarchy. Whereas, INTJs are equally skeptical of everyone, and pretty much never hold back the truth, whenever they feel that it needs to be said. Very Te/Fi - and not even remotely Ti. She's a crusader.

Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    loooool
    My forum pet peeve: comments like this. Don't be a jerk. Just say what you think and why you think it.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.
    Why? She's never disorganized - that I can remember. She's always on top of things, and almost always fully in control. No chaos for Daria.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    daria is definitely an INTP, jane is IXTJ

loooool
    Nice logic there INTP. I didn't realise 'lol' was a logical argument. Enlightening.

How is Jane a J?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    INTP 5w4 Sp/So, raised in an ESFJ family. Jane is an ISTP and Trent an ESTP. The Sp/So variant can make look ISTJ, but I don't think it's her type.
    Trent an ESTP??? Are you high?

No one in Daria's family is an ESFJ except maybe Quinn who I'd still say is ESFP

Daria is pretty much an INTP in an exaggerately (and stereotypically) ESfJ world. I think she has some F tendencies sometimes but not enough for INFP. I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.

As far as ISTJ goes, I think the moments later in the show when she appears SJ are very inconsistent and a result of sloppy writing rather than an expression of what character she was orginally intended to be This is what I suspect, at least. I would need to watch the whole series to decide this and better explain what I mean here.
    Oh I see. So the parts of the show where she's INTP are good writing, and the rest is sloppy. Convenient.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^ That's not really what I said. I mean that almost all of the time she shows INTx preferences (even though she still uses the S and F functions sometimes, like any other person), but during some of the later episodes she has a sudden personality shift that is totally inconsistent with what she was like earlier in the series. I probably should not have used the word 'sloppy.' It looks more like the writer of the show changed, or the writer changed his/her mind about what Daria's personality should be like.

I agree that Jane is some sort of ISxP and Trent is probably slightly introverted.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

^ That's not really what I said. I mean that almost all of the time she shows INTx preferences (even though she still uses the S and F functions sometimes, like any other person), but during some of the later episodes she has a sudden personality shift that is totally inconsistent with what she was like earlier in the series. I probably should not have used the word 'sloppy.' It looks more like the writer of the show changed, or the writer changed his/her mind about what Daria's personality should be like.
    Did the writer ever change? I never noticed that she was different in the later episodes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Re: other comments about her being ISTJ... One of the main differences I've noticed between ISTJs and INTJs is that ISTJs (like ESTJs) aren't so automatically skeptical of those above them in the hierarchy. Whereas, INTJs are equally skeptical of everyone, and pretty much never hold back the truth, whenever they feel that it needs to be said. Very Te/Fi - and not even remotely Ti. She's a crusader.
    What I've seen, from having ISTJ parents and others, is that if the "heirarchy" is really corrupt or screwed up, they WILL rebel against it. SJ (despite Keirsey's divorcing it from the function) is based on Si, which is a focus on internal conrete data. The need for familiarity this create will often lead them to follow heirarchies; but remember, the functional standard (orientation) is internal, not external. So their allegiance to any external structure must pass that internal standard.

And isn't the point of Daria that everyone else around her is stupid, or something like that? (I haven't watched it enough, but that does seem to be the gist of the premise, from what I've seen).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Why? She's never disorganized - that I can remember. She's always on top of things, and almost always fully in control. No chaos for Daria.
    It would seem a little atypical in the sense that she is very much an observer and almost never directive. She just lets things happen and comments on them. But I do think perhaps she really is a J who has a secret method to this madness, and just looks very P at times due to some master plan

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Did the writer ever change? I never noticed that she was different in the later episodes.
    I don't think she was consistently different in the later episodes, but I remember her being inconsistent in character at some of the later times. But I don't remember the details of those times, at this time, so I'm going to throw that idea to the side for now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Reading this thread gave me the warm fuzzies. Thanks, guys!

I really liked Tom. I don't think he's an E. He's weird enough to be an N. And he expresses very little emotions, so he's a T. I haven't seen him express any J-ness, though.

Could it be that Tom and Daria are both INTPs?
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.
    actually the INTPs in my family do this all the time. i love them, but that tendency drives me insane.