0 0%
First 89101112 Last

Thread: Daria

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I'm starting to come around to this idea, INTPs are not the most optimistic types but they are usually pretty open and accepting, heck, some are even quite jovial(look at Einstein). Daria just seems perpetually dismissive(supporting chart the course interaction style), I don't see any Ne-style brainstorming and zany, imaginative play with her at all. I think she could be a INTJ in a NiFi loop, I see little Te in her(she is more of an observer), maybe that's were the confusion about her type is coming from.
    put a young INTP in the same position as daria is in and you wont see any sort of optimism.
    you shouldnt think what you dont see and think about what you see, fictional characters arent complete human beings.
    no way she is Te, have you noticed how she explains things to people? thats pure Ti. also the way she treats others while doing her incredibly detailed and covering everything on the subject type of explaining is how INTPs treats inferior people(or people he/she considers as inferior on the subject he is talking about). its like explaining quantum mechanics to a hill billy and laugh inside when the hill billy just scratches his head looking all stupid. INTJs are not capable of explaining things like daria does, she explains the reasoning, INTJs explain the facts, but fail to communicate decent reasoning in spontaneous way as daria does.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

she's definitely intj, that article up there says it way better than i could.

and comparing intp's and intj's i knew in high school, she's way more similar to the intj's.

(i love the show but find her character totally annoying btw)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I'm starting to come around to this idea, INTPs are not the most optimistic types but they are usually pretty open and accepting, heck, some are even quite jovial(look at Einstein). Daria just seems perpetually dismissive(supporting chart the course interaction style), I don't see any Ne-style brainstorming and zany, imaginative play with her at all. I think she could be a INTJ in a NiFi loop, I see little Te in her(she is more of an observer), maybe that's were the confusion about her type is coming from.
    Yeah, this is exactly the type of thing I think about (what a world of difference):
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...0&type=profile
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...sL._SL250_.jpg

Daria on the other hand looks and acts just like a close friend of ours who is the perennial ISTJ "Melancholy Compulsive".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    this whole pushing people away thing. imo it would be pretty typical for an INTP to push stupid people away because they annoy us most the time, especially if those people are something like characters in darias school. i did that too to some extend when i was in school and darias age.
    And it wouldn't be typical for an INTJ? I think any unusually intelligent kid would feel a sort of disconnection from their peers, especially an introvert. That may be why we've got people from several types here saying they relate to her. And, that's not the only reason she self-isolates. She semi-admitted a couple times that she pushes people away because she can avoid rejection that way, people can't reject her if she rejects them first (perhaps indicating chart-the-course interaction style, as Eric said). She also focuses a lot on how shallow and corrupt they are, which the article I liked to suggested comes from tertiary Fi.

luckily no one is saying that, but people seem to base their opinions quite alot on stupid surface stuff like her not getting beaten up because ISTJs dont even if they are nerds...
    So who's doing that here?

i have strong moral standards and ethics that can clash with others(even with the law), its not Fi Ni thing, its pretty typical INTP thing. when it comes to INTJ vs INTP morals, it's usually the INTJ whos lacking(or has a twisted or really selfish view on) them due to tert Fi, especially at that age.

ohhh, you sure you are an INTP? all that stuff about contact lenses, getting angry at jodie etc is something i can relate to 100% and those things strike me as very very INTPish, not all INTPs are like that tho, but those are INTP things still. this sort of stuff is one of the big reasons why im so sure shes an INTP..
    Wow, already bringing my type into this? Maybe you're the one who's not an INTP, or not a typical one. Why would tertiary Fi users have a poorer sense of ethics than inferior Fe users?

Most everyone has moral standards, but having unusually high ones, having them repeatedly clash with people around you, and frequently feeling guilt for reasons others would consider insignificant really aren't common INTP traits. And in the examples I listed, her reactions make far more sense from an Fi perspective than an Fe one: nothing about these situations hurt anyone in any tangible way. In the case of the argument with Jodie, they weren't even applying for a real loan; it was a school assignment. But she still reacted strongly to the hypocrisy. She seems to care a lot about intent and meaning, regardless of effect. Jodie, by the way, seems like some sort of FJ to me. Helen talked to Daria after their argument and said she thought Jodie was more "pragmatic" than Daria, a word that's been used on these boards to describe Fe and distinguish it from Fi.

no way she is Te, have you noticed how she explains things to people? thats pure Ti. also the way she treats others while doing her incredibly detailed and covering everything on the subject type of explaining is how INTPs treats inferior people(or people he/she considers as inferior on the subject he is talking about). its like explaining quantum mechanics to a hill billy and laugh inside when the hill billy just scratches his head looking all stupid. INTJs are not capable of explaining things like daria does, she explains the reasoning, INTJs explain the facts, but fail to communicate decent reasoning in spontaneous way as daria does.
    Like when? I don't recall much of this "incredibly detailed" explaining. She seems to avoid explaining things to "the stupids" whenever possible. She only does it when she's really pushed. She normally prefers to just make jokes and remarks that others around her don't understand. There was an Ni vs. Ne humor thread here a ways back, and that quality been described as typical of Ni humor: the fact that others don't pick up on it is part of what makes it funny.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    +100000
    Yep. I'm completely with blankpages on this. She oozes Fi. I would believe INFP over INTP, but she's probably not an NF (maybe an extremely disillusioned one), so I would take IxTJ. Tert Fi.

Actually I was going to point to the contact lens ep myself: this is exactly the kind of thing I relate to, and I'm dominant Fi. But to the ITP case: I can see how the same thing would sound ITP-ish, probably because of inferior Fe rejection. It would be like, "Everyone else does X, why can't they think for themselves? I'm going to avoid X just for the purpose of showing how I think for myself." or something like that. It wouldn't be for the sake of individuality, it would be to avoid conformity. These can often overlap, but they're not the same thing at the root. I wonder which one Daria is actually doing... avoiding conformity for its own sake, or...
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Typing someone based on their (supposed) tertiary function is one legit reason why following MBTI should be officially considered as sect.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Typing someone based on their (supposed) tertiary function is one legit reason why following MBTI should be officially considered as sect.
    Uhhh ok. I don't know what you mean. I definitely have an issue with assigning functional orders to fictional people though. She's still not an INTP though, not even behaviourally.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    We're not really typing by the tertiary, were using it to explain some behaviors that support the type we have suggested by other means (particularly, an obviously preferred T). It's evidence, not the main argument.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

It always seems like everyone here is so desperate to pin a character that they like as an INTP. It's infuriating.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    It always seems like everyone here is so desperate to pin a character that they like as an INTP. It's infuriating.
    I hate Daria as a person

Daria is INTP