User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Knick

  1. #1
    across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,583

    Default The Knick

    Has anyone been watching The Knick?

    If so, what do you think the main character, Dr. John Thackery, is? I think he's a clear INTJ.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olm the Water King View Post
    Has anyone been watching The Knick?

    If so, what do you think the main character, Dr. John Thackery, is? I think he's a clear INTJ.
    I just found this thread!

    It's interesting you say John is an INTJ, I've always thought of him as a clear cut ENTP.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olm the Water King View Post
    Has anyone been watching The Knick?

    If so, what do you think the main character, Dr. John Thackery, is? I think he's a clear INTJ.
    I wish I had found this earlier, this is one of my favorite shows. I don't think he is extroverted so not ENTP but perhaps INTP. I don't think INTJ. I do think he is an enneagram 4 or 5. Of course being all coked up or on heroin doesn't make his type clear either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I wish I had found this earlier, this is one of my favorite shows. I don't think he is extroverted so not ENTP but perhaps INTP. I don't think INTJ. I do think he is an enneagram 4 or 5. Of course being all coked up or on heroin doesn't make his type clear either.
    No way that man is an enneagram 4 and I don't know the reasons for him being an introvert.

    All his work is one huge experiment, all he does is discovering new possibilities and ways of treating diseases. The medicine is his game and he plays with all the brilliancy and genius he has. He loves to play with the boundaries and actively fights against anything old and archaic to be able to bring innovation and novelty. He's inventive, creative, big picture thinker who more than anything enjoys to play with ideas and possibilities, I don't believe there exist a better explanation of extroverted intuition than that.
    Other reasons why he's an extrovert and an irrational type: When his ex girlfriend came to him suffering with syphilis she remembered how much he loved to party and to have fun with his colleagues. His usage of cocaine is a sign of generally impulsive nature and his spontaneousness and impulsivity manifest all through the show.

    ENTP 5w4, or 7w8 make more sense than anything.

  5. #5
    On The blessblessblessblesster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx
    Posts
    452

    Default

    I've got season 1 of this muthafucka ready to watch whenever I decide to
    Herpaderpderpderpderpderpderp
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

  6. #6
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    I've got season 1 of this muthafucka ready to watch whenever I decide to
    It's great. At first the music really irritated me until I realized it fits perfectly.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    No way that man is an enneagram 4 and I don't know the reasons for him being an introvert.

    All his work is one huge experiment, all he does is discovering new possibilities and ways of treating diseases. The medicine is his game and he plays with all the brilliancy and genius he has. He loves to play with the boundaries and actively fights against anything old and archaic to be able to bring innovation and novelty. He's inventive, creative, big picture thinker who more than anything enjoys to play with ideas and possibilities, I don't believe there exist a better explanation of extroverted intuition than that.
    Other reasons why he's an extrovert and an irrational type: When his ex girlfriend came to him suffering with syphilis she remembered how much he loved to party and to have fun with his colleagues. His usage of cocaine is a sign of generally impulsive nature and his spontaneousness and impulsivity manifest all through the show.

    ENTP 5w4, or 7w8 make more sense than anything.
    I said 4 or 5 but the reason I said 4 was due to their fear being no identity or significance. Being a brilliant surgeon is his identity but I agree with the partying. I would go with 5w4 also.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I said 4 or 5 but the reason I said 4 was due to their fear being no identity or significance. Being a brilliant surgeon is his identity but I agree with the partying. I would go with 5w4 also.
    I think establishing one's identity based on being a brilliant professional in one's field is more enngream 5 than anything else. 4s establish their identity based on being different, original all based on their feelings and sensivity closely tide-up with romantic and aesthetic perceptions of life and their ideals. I don't believe he does that.

  9. #9
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's great. At first the music really irritated me until I realized it fits perfectly.
    Music-Cliff Martinez, did the soundtracks for Drive and The Neon Demon. The later being extra amazing.

    It's an odd choice of music for a show in the early 1900s with all the electronic synthesizers, genre: ambient/ experimental?

    But a huge part of this show is the technological advancements, like HUGE ones, x-rays and such. Stuff this show made me really think about, like, WOW there was a time when electric vacuums (for blood or whatever) were brand new. And all the other medical stuff.

    So it's like kind of a futuristic show or on a speeding train towards it in a way. Thus the music fits wonderfully, but you probably figured that.






    another note, just discovered this show, season 1, episode 5. Nurse, super cutie just taught Thackery the Wise to ride a bike. I think he's crushing hard on her, but there's only been a super small hint she may be seeing the young bearded doctor, and ol Thack, I fear, may get his heart crushed. But I'm sure he's got enough coke and opium to recover.

    God he's a bastard. So likeable though. How they do that???
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. The Madmin Blog
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
  3. Eileen (to the left)
    By Eileen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO