First 456

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Either Roger has a very extensive personality, or we all really suck at typing. :/
    At the very least, I think it is safe to say he is an extravert.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I have other observations on record above, in fact I was the one encouraging others here to make observations of traits rather than their "feelings" about Roger's personality traits. But even "Chameleon -> type 3" is better than nothing or feelings. And the idea that it's "simple" is not disproof. I am open to evidence - not feelings - that Roger is a 7 or something other than ESFP.
    He basically never says anything or even thinks about values, which pretty much rules out F. We're not arguing about ESxP, so yeah, ESTP.

Type 3 is oriented towards image of success, which I don't see in Roger -- he's pretty much only motivated by short term desires, which he drops at the first sign of anything more intriguing.

Competency types (type 3 is one) "try solving problems in an objective, unemotional manner. Unlike people of the reactive style, they don't get worked up when problems happen, they remain cool and emotionally detached from them."

Whereas positive outlook types (type 7) " tend to avoid negative thoughts or situations. Under stress, they seek to avoid the problem, distract themselves with something else, or minimize the problem...They would rather have everyone happy (including themselves) than to deal with problems or negativity (especially in themselves). Unfortunately this approach can lead them to deny the existence of their problems and therefore delay addressing them."

Roger is very clearly positive outlook.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

Roger is very clearly positive outlook.
    Which Instinctual type is Roger? http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rt-titles.html
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

He basically never says anything or even thinks about values, which pretty much rules out F. We're not arguing about ESxP, so yeah, ESTP.
    Then Roger has a strong Fe tertiary. However, he seeks out new possibilities in the social realm, but can't commit to any of them due to his being socially erratic. Therefore I can't rule out Ne, and ENTP becomes a possibility, albeit with weak introverted functions. I think someone else mentioned ENTP as a possibility. @Brian2626. Although as a very social being Roger also appears to be an ENFP (@Brian2626 once again), but not in terms of Fi.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Then Roger has a strong Fe tertiary. However, he seeks out new possibilities in the social realm, but can't commit to any of them due to his being socially erratic. Therefore I can't rule out Ne, and ENTP becomes a possibility, albeit with weak introverted functions. I think someone else mentioned ENTP as a possibility. @Brian2626. Although as a very social being Roger also appears to be an ENFP (@Brian2626 once again), but not in terms of Fi.
    I have less of a problem with the ENTP hypothesis than any ExFP. I still think he's Se dominant, though -- he doesn't seem like an abstract-oriented thinker and he's almost a stereotype of ESTP impulsiveness.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have less of a problem with the ENTP hypothesis than any ExFP. I still think he's Se dominant, though -- he doesn't seem like an abstract-oriented thinker and he's almost a stereotype of ESTP impulsiveness.
    Now it's my turn to say what if "impulsiveness -> ENTP" is too simple. Perhaps you are confusing Ne with the most abstractivist function which is Ni.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Now it's my turn to say what if "impulsiveness -> ENTP" is too simple. Perhaps you are confusing Ne with the most abstractivist function which is Ni.
    N is by definition abstract... An Ne dominant plays around with metaphor and abstract comparisons all the time (since it's extroverted, it is spurred by environmental factors, the only difference between Ne and Ni is that Ni is spurred by internal factors). I don't see this in Roger whatsoever. Se doms on the other hand play around with concrete environmental factors, which is pretty much the epitome of Roger's character. I don't know how to make my argument more clear.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

N is by definition abstract... An Ne dominant plays around with metaphor and abstract comparisons all the time (since it's extroverted, it is spurred by environmental factors, the only difference between Ne and Ni is that Ni is spurred by internal factors). I don't see this in Roger whatsoever. Se doms on the other hand play around with concrete environmental factors, which is pretty much the epitome of Roger's character. I don't know how to make my argument more clear.
    Ne by definition seeks out possibilities rather than facts. The facts provoke these possibilities which are then creatively turned into new realities. I see Roger as being socially creative in terms of quickly creating and then just as rapidly discarding new social identities for himself.