Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    A few quotes from Mother Teresa that may help with the inspection. I have her book Total Surrender. I love her heart. She had a heart for "the people" all the people, especially the poor, the sick and the downtrodden. She had a "global" view and while she was able to zero in on the one, she would then move on to another. @fia from what I read in her book it was much like working with the one child and then another child. She wanted to make sure ALL the fish were fed.

She says of herself, "Mother Teresa said "By blood, I am Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian. By faith, I am a Catholic nun. As to my calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus" She lived her entire life for the "purpose" the call. She completely surrendered herself to the love of God.

According to Wikipedia, "By 1996, Mother Teresa was operating 517 missions in more than 100 countries.[52] Over the years, Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity grew from twelve to thousands serving the "poorest of the poor" in 450 centres around the world. The first Missionaries of Charity home in the United States was established in the South Bronx, New York; by 1984 the order operated 19 establishments throughout the country.[53] Mother Teresa was fluent in five languages: Bengali,[54] Albanian, Serbian, English, and Hindi.[55]"

That doesn't sound like zeroing in on a single fish. You can't when you have that much responsibility. I also know that she had a "call".
    She rose before dawn everyday and physical adversity only served to fuel her passion for helping the world's poor.

I may get stoned for saying this, but I don't think she was ISFJ or ISFP either but if she had to be one of those, I'd say ISFJ. I think she was definitely FJ.
    I see where you're coming from. Very interesting. The bolded sounds more 2w1 than anything to me, but quite honestly her work ethic, by which I mean actually enjoying hard work and not being burned out from it is sfj more than sfp. Of course, I can see myself and plenty other FPs able to go hard at something that our hearts are behind. But I look at what Mother Theresa, or on a lesser scale mothers in general who seem to take such a natural tireless caregiver role, and that seems very sfj to me.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    A few quotes from Mother Teresa that may help with the inspection. I have her book Total Surrender. I love her heart. She had a heart for "the people" all the people, especially the poor, the sick and the downtrodden. She had a "global" view and while she was able to zero in on the one, she would then move on to another. @fia from what I read in her book it was much like working with the one child and then another child. She wanted to make sure ALL the fish were fed.

She says of herself, "Mother Teresa said "By blood, I am Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian. By faith, I am a Catholic nun. As to my calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus" She lived her entire life for the "purpose" the call. She completely surrendered herself to the love of God.

According to Wikipedia, "By 1996, Mother Teresa was operating 517 missions in more than 100 countries.[52] Over the years, Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity grew from twelve to thousands serving the "poorest of the poor" in 450 centres around the world. The first Missionaries of Charity home in the United States was established in the South Bronx, New York; by 1984 the order operated 19 establishments throughout the country.[53] Mother Teresa was fluent in five languages: Bengali,[54] Albanian, Serbian, English, and Hindi.[55]"

That doesn't sound like zeroing in on a single fish. You can't when you have that much responsibility. I also know that she had a "call".
    She rose before dawn everyday and physical adversity only served to fuel her passion for helping the world's poor.

I may get stoned for saying this, but I don't think she was ISFJ or ISFP either but if she had to be one of those, I'd say ISFJ. I think she was definitely FJ.
    Those quotes are really helpful. That is probably the single best approach to this discussion.

I don't have a solid opinion one way or the other, but mostly just note the possibility that various types of Feelers could come to do her sort of intensely focused humanitarian work. I think both FJs and FPs are awesome.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks @fia and @five sounds yeah, it doesn't really matter to me what type she was; she was amazing, but I felt like that the best way was to see what she said about herself and to maybe look for some facts about her. Opinions are fine, but they are limited and highly subjective. I thought that if maybe sources were pulled in it might help people make more objective opinions.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I see where you're coming from. Very interesting. The bolded sounds more 2w1 than anything to me, but quite honestly her work ethic, by which I mean actually enjoying hard work and not being burned out from it is sfj more than sfp. Of course, I can see myself and plenty other FPs able to go hard at something that our hearts are behind. But I look at what Mother Theresa, or on a lesser scale mothers in general who seem to take such a natural tireless caregiver role, and that seems very sfj to me.
    Well I can see that argument, but I think Fi-dominant types also work tirelessly when it is something they really believe in.

EFP's can as well....at least until something better or more attention catching comes along. Oh you adorable flakes.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

She's probably INFx then, ISFPs tend to take more action than being harmony oriented.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.