User Tag List

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Angel characters

By Angel, I'm referring to Angel the series, which is a spin-off of the Buffy series, if that isn't clear. I tried searching for a similar thread, but "angel" is a pretty generic search-word. Anyways...

Angel: IsTP
    Cordelia: ESTJ, though she develops both her N and F sides as the series progresses
    Wesley: INfJ
    Doyle: ESFP
    Fred: eNTP
    Lorne: EnFP
    Gunn: ISTJ
    Spike: IsFP
    Connor: INFP
    Lilah: ISTJ
    Lindsey: INTP

Feel free to debate any of these, as I'm unsure of a lot of them.

Edit: Forgot to add Lilah. And Lindsey. ><
    Last edited by Aerithria; 07-31-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some characters.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Hmm, here's what I had in mind:

Angel - INFJ. He seems to play the "counselor" role in a lot of what he does (I mean look at the business he runs? "We help the helpless!"), but he has an action-oriented alter ego that comes out more and more. IMO the whole Se shadow really comes out when Darla comes back.

Wesley - INTP. Later on in the series he becomes more serious and perhaps "J-like" but early on, he's a mess. Dude has a book/prophecy-related explanation for everything. Applying theory to reality at every corner, that sounds like an INTP.

Lorne - I kept thinking he was ENFJ but I could be wrong. ENF either way.

Gunn - ISFP. Can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me there is Fi fueling his fire.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Angel - INFJ. He seems to play the "counselor" role in a lot of what he does (I mean look at the business he runs? "We help the helpless!"), but he has an action-oriented alter ego that comes out more and more. IMO the whole Se shadow really comes out when Darla comes back.
    I can see that too, actually. He seems very T when it comes to the way he deals with his cases, though it could be due to him being generally well-developped (he is a Joss Whedon character, after all).

Wesley - INTP. Later on in the series he becomes more serious and perhaps "J-like" but early on, he's a mess. Dude has a book/prophecy-related explanation for everything. Applying theory to reality at every corner, that sounds like an INTP.
    The issue with Wesley is that so much happens to him as the series goes on, which changes the way his personality is presented. I actually pinned his earlier messiness (in his character, not how his desk looks) as due to him being overly eager to please everyone, which came across as very NF to me.

Lorne - I kept thinking he was ENFJ but I could be wrong. ENF either way.
    Eh, it could go either way. The one thing about ENFP is that it well-developped Si would explain his love of music.

Gunn - ISFP. Can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me there is Fi fueling his fire.
    Ooh, interesting, I like it. I always figured that his Te was stronger than his Fi, but then again, Te is outward so it'd be more noticeable. But Se fits better than Si, and it's interesting to think of him as a Feeling type.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Ooh, interesting, I like it. I always figured that his Te was stronger than his Fi, but then again, Te is outward so it'd be more noticeable. But Se fits better than Si, and it's interesting to think of him as a Feeling type.
    Yeah. I'm not through the whole series yet (been watching 1 or 2 ep's a week or 2 at a time at a friend's place) but not too long ago I saw the episode where Gunn was about to have to pay up his soul that he sold to some demon in return for his truck (LOL), and the way he treated Fred just looked like Fi ready to explode--complete with a breakdown where he was a dick because he wanted her to break up with him, a splendid example of inferior Te and Ni, trying to make things "fall in order" so that life could go on after he was dead.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so