User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Elliot Rodgers

Default Elliot Rodgers

unhealthy sx/sp 3w4

"California Rampage Suspect Blamed Aloof Women"(unhealthy sexual acting out spitefully towards the opposite sex):

"they become completely disengaged from their core, as if outside of themselves."

"They feel that admiration is their due. Likewise, they view non-admirers with contempt...."

"Their self-esteem is based on an unrealistic assumption about their worth and these Threes believe they have ‘special favors’ coming their way. "

"By now their confidence has grown to the point of being irrational. They may think of themselves as perfect without requiring any proof in reality for such a claim...Their grandiosity is flagrant, maintained by a growing disdain for reality, since reality is full of people who don’t share the threes' high sense of worth."

"Threes are lonely. At bottom, their positive outlook is a thin veneer for a despairing life. Threes have no true relation to others and their overconfidence is pierced by reminders of their failings and falseness at every turn. Losing is catastrophic. With social humiliations and failure, their illusion of grandiosity falls apart as they succumb to dissatisfaction"

ISFP, SEI/ISFp, 4w3

He's lost touch with reality due to his grandiosity...Fours lose touch with reality more due to self-absorption in their defects. his self-absorption is in the area of what a superior guy he thinks he is and how all these women ought to be bowing down to him. unlike a four, his worldview isn't tainted by an expectation that he's doomed to always fall short of other peoples' standards, but the expectation that he's admired. It's his realization that his grandiose expectation isn't being reciprocated by reality that he believes requires retribution. and his shooting rampage wasn't a way to externalize the fact that he's forever defective and unlovable, but as he says, that he's the true alpha male. what amplifies fourishness is SX/SP. sx/sp is the least whole/complete stack unless they're immersed in whatever/whomever gives them their sense completion...sense of longing being a defining feature of that stack. hence the stack's 'fourness'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He's a real life Patrick Bateman.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    He's a real life Patrick Bateman.
    I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and made all the wrong choices.

I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and he made all the wrong choices.
    I was thinking this, too; I watched a couple of his videos from the link you posted. He describes his life as being torture and himself as having been "cast out". He claims he had no friends, no girlfriend, no social life at all. Yet, for some reason, I get the feeling he never tried to go towards people. Sometimes someone has psychological barriers keeping them from interacting with others, which might be his case, also aggravated by aspergers. Even sociopaths are able to find friends, girlfriends, get married etc, I dont think that he would have been rejected by everyone if he had tried.

He blames society and others for his problem, never once seems to consider how it could be his own defects which stand on the way, it is all everyone else's fault to him. He basically scapegoats for his problems rather than look for any kind of solution.

I dont think it would innapropiate to discuss his type, in this thread, so let me just say a few things. I know the subject is heavy and serious and Im not trying to turn this into entertainment, but I dont see much wrong in analyzing evil figures such as killers, dictators, etc, though the wound from this one is still fresh.

He was indeed probably a three. He doesnt seem to question his own defects at all, doesnt doubt himself, doesnt understand why others do not love him. Typical unhealthy 3w4 attitude.

I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and he made all the wrong choices.
    You may be on to something here. If I remember correctly, in his video he claimed that if he had even "tried to talk to these girls, he would have been rejected," not that he was actually rejected repeatedly over and over again. Isolation due to poor social skills can create a lot of misperceptions and skewed beliefs about others' thoughts, intentions, etc... A sort of paranoia that others have conspired against you. Really just projecting one's own insecurities onto others.

The reason I compare him to Bateman is because of how vacuous he was. He wondered why girls wouldn't notice him despite having a flashy car and expensive shades. That suggests, like you were on about, a fundamentally flawed view on how attraction and relationships work. Like Bateman, he identifies with his material possessions, but lacks a real personality. (Patrick's colleagues all thought he was a bland wimp.) Like Bateman, he's pathethic and hollow. And, most probably like Bateman, he had some kind of mental condition augmenting his problems. So it wouldn't surprise me if Elliott Rodgers shared enneatype with him. (Extremely unhealthy 3.)
    I FEEL ALRIGHT