• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elliot Rodgers

Nicodemus

I read quite a bit of it, too.

I think the main reason people did not pick up on the severity of the situation is that he has been in treatment so often and for so long that him having trouble had already been normal. It was just Elliot being Elliot. His extraordinary blindness for how the world works is also very interesting. Reading this, I see all the evidence of what goes wrong right in front of him, but he just cannot see it. Reminds me a bit of our little FireShield.

As for types, which are, of course, the whole purpose of this thread: ISTJ, 3w2.

MadKitten

MBTI Type
INFP
I actually ended up watching his videos: Elliot Rogers Retribution, and would like to give my share of my psychoanalyzing.

Let's see...he talks about rejection. The first people who are supposed to teach us accept ourselves and others are our parents. Do not dismiss childhood experiences - especially in this young person. So what i see is some sort of inner conflict he keeps mirroring constantly to other people (who he doesn't know) instead of actually going to the roots of the problem. He may have had rejections from others, but that's not the problem. He's parent's never loved him as who he really is. Instead i see something similar from my parents. Excessive adoration - he had to be to his parents the greatest person in the world - the person they chose. And after that he was doomed when he tried to play the same game in society. Taking part to a society that has it's own expectations in this condition - it's suicide.

The combination is interesting- excessive self-hatred with excessive self-admiration. I think he needs the first one to balance the latter part. He also has huge inability understand himself and others.

Did you watch his videos. This is picked from one of them(about dating girls):
"I want to prove im worthy. I want to feel that sense of being worthy."

He lack's ability to show healthy love towards himself. He sees that there is something he should be doing until he could feel satisfied of himself. Only thing he does is materialistic adoration of himself.

Same video:
"I dont know why you girl's hate me so much"

He uses word "hate". He automatically imply that other girls hate him. Psychological fact is that no one hates a stranger just like that and if they do, it's because of something inside their own mind - conflict with themselves; that has nothing to do with others. Devastating fact is, which he haven't realized, is that he actually hates himself. Other people are simple mirrors to the emotions he cannot cope with.

"im a perfect guy" - he says. Of what i see that he has tried to play a character he believes is perfect. But he doesn't see that his vision of perfect(materialistic) is one of the reasons he is stuck. No one can fall for an empty puppet. Even he doesn't love himself, but he is unable to see it.

"...the true alpha male". Again, he values himself(and others) with superficial ways. Depth of his mind he believes he has to be "something" in order to be cared. That might be the reason why he cant take social contact in first place.

"I'll be god" - also taken from him. This statement in my eyes is a wish to control one's life. He feels he doesn't have any power over himself and his life. He want's the control he never had. I presume his parents have acted unpredictable way or his environment in general has been that way.

"Crime of living better life than me. All those popular kids..." - His thinking is black and white. He thinks he is the only one with pain and others have perfect life. He have not experienced the variety of life.

"...never accepted me" - he doesn't understand that it's not the job of "popular kids" to accept him. It was his parents job to make him accept himself.

He would have needed clear boundaries and healthy love from his parents.

Shame.

Permabanned
This guy is crazy, and should be banned from internets. The government must develop technology to stop fruitless fame, like censorship the entire internet, with bio-signatures to go online, and no anonymity, and have ready teams ready to deploy worldwide for maximum impact.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[This shit is all in this freak's head.

These are only a few examples of search results from the word "reject." I stopped, but there's like 30 more.

I read the whole document a few weeks ago, I don't remember the details right now but he did have explicit rejection experiences in middle school.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I would say ISFP 3w4 as well.

Let's remember that being a Judging type is much more about whether structure and order come naturally to you and you find them aesthetically appealing, than how you perceive people (which I think is more multifaceted, and there are big Te-Fe differences).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A thing people should keep in mind is that lots of folks with Asperger's don't go out and do what he did. Maybe it's a little bit of a straw man, but it's worth noting.

(And no, I don't have it, but I have something else that can result in similar issues with interpersonal relationships).

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like his writing style, very psychological, he should have become a writer instead of a dead murderer. Also when it comes to MBTI, this may be controversial, but I'm feeling he was some sort of Intuitive. INTJ 3w4 sx/sp seems like it could be correct. But I'm not an expert, so feel free to laugh at me.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was just misunderstood.

All he wanted was to hook up or everyone dies.

Poor guy.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was just misunderstood.

All he wanted was to hook up or everyone dies.

Poor guy.
What he asked was simple: Put out or be put down. Why was that so difficult to understand?

I blame liberal media for telling people they can choose who to sleep with.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What he asked was simple: Put out or be put down. Why was that so difficult to understand?

I blame liberal media for telling people they can choose who to sleep with.

Agreed. And why wasn't his beautiful prose published? It was insane and extra mass murderey.

If that's not a NYT bestseller, I don't know what is!!

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agreed. And why wasn't his beautiful prose published? It was insane and extra mass murderey.

If that's not a NYT bestseller, I don't know what is!!
The greatest suffering of the genius is that the public won't recognize them as such until they're long dead and gone.

Simple minds need time to adjust to his extraordinary faculties.

wildflower

i would guess 3w4 or possibly 4w3. i read the manifesto but didn't watch more than a brief clip or two of his videos. the only time he ever mentioned approaching women was when he was in his car on state st. in santa barbara. it's a very busy shopping & dining street with lots of peds. he was at a stoplight and smiled at 2 women standing on the corner. they didn't respond, who knows if they even noticed his smile, and i believe he ended up throwing his cold drink on them. he made no real effort to actually engage women that we know of. he did have some friends when younger but just not the cool people or as many as he wanted. from what i read i am quite unconvinced he had asperger's. i do think he had an extremely severe case of social phobia though. he was super sensitive generally and especially to rejection but that does not equal asperger's.

fyi: his dad is going to be on 20-20 this friday night.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The greatest suffering of the genius is that the public won't recognize them as such until they're long dead and gone.

Simple minds need time to adjust to his extraordinary faculties.

Yes, much like Vincent van Gogh, he'll never be appreciated in his own time.

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
I like his writing style, very psychological, he should have become a writer instead of a dead murderer. Also when it comes to MBTI, this may be controversial, but I'm feeling he was some sort of Intuitive. INTJ 3w4 sx/sp seems like it could be correct. But I'm not an expert, so feel free to laugh at me.

Yeah, I get INTJ vibes from him. He could be an ISTJ because of how vividly he remembered certain experiences and the personal impressions they left though. Unhealthy INTJs can be injustice collectors and there's been a few vengeful, homicidal manifesto writers as well. I don't see much Fe and I don't see a lot of practical logic in some of the connections he makes, obviously. He seemed very unbalanced. I think he also has inferior Se and under stress that can sometimes manifest in things like hypersexuality, materialism, and being picky or shallow. He liked to flaunt his lifestyle even though he complained about others being shallow.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
He reminds me so much of an ISFP guy I know in real life.

I actually spent 1 whole hour studying his biography earlier, this guy just reeks Fi everywhere. He is always focused on his own internal experiences about how the world treats him and how the world makes him feel and how he wants to exact revenge on people whom he feels wronged by, his unhealthy Fi acting up here. But at the same time, he strikes me as ISFP > INFP because he seemed to care so much about things like sex, money, power etc. He is a gamma type in socionics. I think Elliot Rodgers is an unhealthy ISFP.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Holy fuck, what a terrible person. I read parts of his auto biography. He makes other killers look as if they have redeeming qualities.