• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama

ChrisC99

MBTI Type
ADHD
With all the talk of politics in the air these days I find myself, like many a Myers-Briggs aficionado, looking through the types attributed to the most oft-heard names...especially those witht he most striking or contrasting personalities.

However, some of the types from what I'm assuming are pretty well-researched contributors (i.e. Keirsey, the CelebrityTypes gang) have labeled them in ways that don't make much sense to me...so I wanted to hear your opinions on whether you agree or disagree with what they've suggested and why.

Bill Clinton seems to pretty consistently come up as an ESFP. Outgoing, spontaneous, in may ways the epitome of charisma...I definitely have no disagreements with the EFP characterization. But why would he be typed as a Sensor rather than an Intuitor? His approach in every speech or even to policymaking in general seems oriented preferentially to global, big-picture concepts rather than focusing only on minute details and the here-and-now.

The Junior Bush meanwhile I see almost universally designated an ESTP. Again, by virtue of his comfort with people and outgoing manner I can definitely see the Extroverted Perceiving there, and his focus is clearly more on the day-to-day details than underlying concepts that are the focus of Intuitors. But why does he tend to be described as a T? My impression of him is of someone driven first and foremost by his own system of personal values, not textbook-style correctness...and the way he communicates with people seems laced with emotion more than detached objectivity. I may not agree with his political ideas, but I won't disagree that he is most definitely a people-oriented person.

Barack Obama meanwhile seems typed across the board, most often as an ENFJ, ENFP or ENTP it seems. From what I've read, in stark contrast to the onscreen image he is known for being cool and aloof in the workplace, almost 'prickly' - not enjoying the company of other people any more than necessary to complete a task. Based on that my guess would be INTJ, but I'm really not certain.

What do you think?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bill Clinton - pretty much ENFP if there ever was one(contrast him with his ITJ wife)

Junior Bush - classic cowboy ESTP

Barack Obama - visionary type ENFP but a more cool, detached demeanor compared to Clinton

So we've had 3 EP presidents for the past 2 decades, no wonder the US is institutionally a mess:rofl1:.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Clinton is more likely ESFP :shrug:

ESTP all the way for Bushie

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clinton - ENTP or ENFP
Bush - ESTP
Obama - very ENTP 3w4

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But why does he tend to be described as a T? My impression of him is of someone driven first and foremost by his own system of personal values, not textbook-style correctness...
Yes, I quite agree with you. I consistently see from him a personal set of morals that does not bend to others', though it may evolve over time. What I rarely see from him is any kind of T-indicative "rationality" to his decisions. To me, this fits an Fi-dom pretty well. I prefer the ISFP typing that I've seen for him somewhere else.

Bill Clinton, I feel pretty sold on the ExFP, but would have to look into more info to see the possibility of N rather than S. (agreed with the ESFP consensus for now)

Barack Obama....so hard to know.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Bill Clinton - ENTJ
George Bush - ENTJ, George Bush-jr. - ENFJ
Barack Obama - ENFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram