User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Type This Guy!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm sure your feelings are accurate. But it's not ISFP exactly, it's the Fi-Ni loop you're seeing.
    I just got back from an event with my ISFP friend. Thinking about this, I can just barely envision an ISFP doing what that guy does in the video. When they are excited, you can see the sort of 'naive' sharing attitude which they easily retreat from if they think they are being made fun of, etc. So I can see his behavior in the video being Fi shared because he got an insight into the mushrooms, or something, instead of Fe.

So I'm not convinced of ISFP, but I do now see that it is possible.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    I just got back from an event with my ISFP friend. Thinking about this, I can just barely envision an ISFP doing what that guy does in the video. When they are excited, you can see the sort of 'naive' sharing attitude which they easily retreat from if they think they are being made fun of, etc. So I can see his behavior in the video being Fi shared because he got an insight into the mushrooms, or something, instead of Fe.

So I'm not convinced of ISFP, but I do now see that it is possible.
    That's kewl. My purpose for creating this thread was to sort out this puzzling character. It's not that I don't have tons of information to go on, via facebook and youtube, but his mental illness tends to get in the way. He's on disability and not for physical reasons. He may not be bipolar, but he has mood swings where he is more creative and then less creative, and right now he's kind of in a down period. He's also had periods of psychosis, but that was years ago. The main focus of his psychosis was to wander around town believing that he was living in a fantasy novel realm.

I suspect that none of your ISFP friends are on disability for mental issues, so it's not a great basis for comparison. However, this guy loves animal, loves solitude, is very artistic and actually created his own cover art for his book, he lives for various forms of art and is capable in various genres including punk rock guitar. His vignette style of writing, his focus on family and intense focus on danger, indicate Sensing and Feeling. His external focus is Sensory, not Intuitive, as he eschews any data not solidly grounded or too abstract and general.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Typing someone who appears to be jacked up on drugs makes no sense to me.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Typing someone who appears to be jacked up on drugs makes no sense to me.
    I think the challenge is what makes it fun. Where do the drugs end and the person begin?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think the challenge is what makes it fun. Where do the drugs end and the person begin?
    He has no proof that anybody is on drugs. But the guy is on mental disability. The real question is, where do the mental problems end and the person begin?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

He has no proof that anybody is on drugs. But the guy is on mental disability. The real question is, where do the mental problems end and the person begin?
    Well, I think the mental problems are the person if there is no drug component. I thought you said that he was on drugs. For years. But I guess that was just an impression. Or maybe somebody else said it was true, so I assumed it was because it seems credible.

Also, you do agree that he writes in vignettes?

You have almost sold me on ISFP. If there was more video available where he is talking to someone else, I could be conclusively convinced.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, I think the mental problems are the person if there is no drug component. I thought you said that he was on drugs. For years. But I guess that was just an impression. Or maybe somebody else said it was true, so I assumed it was because it seems credible.

Also, you do agree that he writes in vignettes?

You have almost sold me on ISFP. If there was more video available where he is talking to someone else, I could be conclusively convinced.
    At the time I penned the OP, he told me he hadn't used marijuana in over two months. He doesn't use any hard street drugs, and he stopped drinking a couple years ago. But what he can and does use are some very unusual mail-order drugs that I've only learned about through him. There's no doubt he's a psychonaut. The shrooms he was talking about in the video are also mail-order, although he will go magic mushroom hunting in his "backyard."

His videos are always about himself (thus the selfishness mentioned in the ISFP personal growth page), never about him and someone else. I can only find one video where he says something to his wife.

The music in the video is his own composition. The conversation occurs toward the end.

I thought you said that he was on drugs. For years.
    That'll change. And everyone who makes a video about themselves is selfish. Didn't you know? It's the mushrooms.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That'll change. And everyone who makes a video about themselves is selfish. Didn't you know? It's the mushrooms.
    He's made 273 videos about himself posted to Youtube.

He's made 273 videos about himself posted to Youtube.
    See, it's the mushrooms.