User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: Type This Guy!

  1. #41
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    I said that with the understanding that it was qualified. I could be wrong. But it would stun me.

    Many types can have a natural sense of the emotionally dramatic. I couldn't point out any one as more likely, because I can imagine most types could be like this under certain circumstances.

    ESTP would be near the bottom of the list for me on this, however. They get angry and emotional, sure, but not in a flowery way. They really mean it, and it comes like a storm. I suspect that it doesn't fit well with being an INTP either, no?
    No, but acting dramatically I would think is more in the NF sphere of things.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #42
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    No, but acting dramatically I would think is more in the NF sphere of things.
    Maybe, but don't you think it could be in the SF world just as easily?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Maybe, but don't you think it could be in the SF world just as easily?
    Sure. In that case I'll type him as the nature-loving ISFP.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html

    In that case, there is a great possibility of a true Fi-Ni loop, as seen in the exaggerated and ineffectual strangeness of the Fi value-judgments being leveled at the evil ones. In this I'm also considering many other observations I've made over the years. The Ni-tertiary will influence him to acquire the wild-eyed look of either a visionary or a mad-man, and will greatly influence his artistry (as an ISFP) toward the extremes. For example, his book which I am reading is from some medieval-fantasy genre, in which apes play a larger role than humans. It's not like the Kamandi comics, as there is no pseudo-rational explanation given for the speech-having abilities of the animals. It's just the way things are in that world.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #44
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    This text fits him very well:
    https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html
    'However, the ISFP who exercises this type of self-protection regularly will become more and more unaware of other people's perspectives, and thus more and more isolated from a real understanding of the world that they live in. They will always find justification for their own inappropriate behaviors, and will always find fault with the external world for problems that they have in their lives.'

    Also (from the same page): 'These individuals usually come across as selfish and unrealistic. Depending on how serious the problem is, they may appear to be anything from "a bit eccentric" to "way out there". Many times other people are unable to understand or relate to these people.'
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #45
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Sure. In that case I'll type him as the nature-loving ISFP.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html

    In that case, there is a great possibility of a true Fi-Ni loop, as seen in the exaggerated and ineffectual strangeness of the Fi value-judgments being leveled at the evil ones. In this I'm also considering many other observations I've made over the years. The Ni-tertiary will influence him to acquire the wild-eyed look of either a visionary or a mad-man, and will greatly influence his artistry (as an ISFP) toward the extremes. For example, his book which I am reading is from some medieval-fantasy genre, in which apes play a larger role than humans. It's not like the Kamandi comics, as there is no pseudo-rational explanation given for the speech-having abilities of the animals. It's just the way things are in that world.
    Be careful with that. The INFJ says it doesn't feel quite right.

  6. #46
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    This text fits him very well:
    https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html
    'However, the ISFP who exercises this type of self-protection regularly will become more and more unaware of other people's perspectives, and thus more and more isolated from a real understanding of the world that they live in. They will always find justification for their own inappropriate behaviors, and will always find fault with the external world for problems that they have in their lives.'

    Also (from the same page): 'These individuals usually come across as selfish and unrealistic. Depending on how serious the problem is, they may appear to be anything from "a bit eccentric" to "way out there". Many times other people are unable to understand or relate to these people.'
    I have an ISFP brother and friend. They are very hard to fathom, but because they guard their inner world. They seem deaf to other people a lot of the time, and you can almost see the 'colored energies' swirling around inside of them. My generalizations may be off, but I can't see this guy's energy as being ISFP. He doesn't take himself seriously enough in the video. And ISFPs are often ferociously hard workers, at least the two I know.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Be careful with that. The INFJ says it doesn't feel quite right.
    That's probably because I'm not a student of tertiary loops, therefore my explanation won't be a well-informed one. But I found confirmation in the references to "eccentric" and "way out there" at https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html. If you read the context of those descriptions, you would see that the page is showing how the Fi-dom in ISFP only looks to the external (Se-aux) for confirmation of an internal value system. The ISFP becomes more and more out of touch with reality concomitant with the intensity with which the type focuses on only very specific external evidence in support of his Fi values which are presumably under attack. The ISFP becomes, rigid, dogmatic, hard-headed, as well as an eccentric clinging to a value-system not well-supported by external evidence. Others can see that the ISFP is clearly out of his mind, but the ISFP is firmly entrenched in a value-system and will never give it up in the face of evidence to the contrary.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #48
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    I have an ISFP brother and friend. They are very hard to fathom, but because they guard their inner world. They seem deaf to other people a lot of the time, and you can almost see the 'colored energies' swirling around inside of them. My generalizations may be off, but I can't see this guy's energy as being ISFP. He doesn't take himself seriously enough in the video. And ISFPs are often ferociously hard workers, at least the two I know.
    This guy takes himself seriously. And he is a very hard worker. He hurt his back trying to do too much. I think he was working on his jeep or something. And he commonly takes long hikes in the mountains with utterly no protection on his feet.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #49
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    That's probably because I'm not a student of tertiary loops, therefore my explanation won't be a well-informed one. But I found confirmation in the references to "eccentric" and "way out there" at https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html. If you read the context of those descriptions, you would see that the page is showing how the Fi-dom in ISFP only looks to the external (Se-aux) for confirmation of an internal value system. The ISFP becomes more and more out of touch with reality concomitant with the intensity with which the type focuses on only very specific external evidence in support of his Fi values which are presumably under attack. The ISFP becomes, rigid, dogmatic, hard-headed, as well as an eccentric clinging to a value-system not well-supported by external evidence. Others can see that the ISFP is clearly out of his mind, but the ISFP is firmly entrenched in a value-system and will never give it up in the face of evidence to the contrary.
    My critique wasn't that sophisticated. I don't argue the evidence; I think you have some good evidence. He simply doesn't 'feel' like an ISFP when I watch him on the video. But I could be wrong.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    My critique wasn't that sophisticated. I don't argue the evidence; I think you have some good evidence. He simply doesn't 'feel' like an ISFP when I watch him on the video. But I could be wrong.
    I'm sure your feelings are accurate. But it's not ISFP exactly, it's the Fi-Ni loop you're seeing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Type this guy for me
    By OrangeAppled in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 12:26 AM
  2. Please help me type this guy...IxxJ?????
    By b4b in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
  3. Type this guy
    By Litvyak in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
  4. Type this guy?
    By sonata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
  5. Type this guy
    By frenchkiss in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO