Thread: Type This Guy!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Well, I've yet to run across anyone in any class or in life who was as talented as me at interpreting text. Sorry to sound vain, but I have good reason to believe what I am telling you. I can be wrong, but I see a lot more than most people do.

I can tell you now that you cannot write from any perspective but your own. Now, you can create a shallow avatar of what another perspective sees, but it's quite fragile and doesn't stand up to inspection. Insincerity cannot exist except in small doses without becoming apparent. Trust me. The only way you can get close to another perspective is to immerse yourself in it. This is best done through reading. Even then, all you can really absorb is the existing attitudes plus the style of the author, and then meld this onto your own 'base'. You cannot get another 'base'.

Even if you do that, you still will not be able to be 'creative' and extend the views of the author like the author would have done. This is equally true of types. You are limited to imitative work.

The writing style of an individual is so unique that it can be used like a fingerprint. I am not good enough to differentiate people through writing like fingerprints, but I can see bits and pieces of the different elements, and I can infer some of the rest. If what you say doesn't fit with what you really are, then a dissonance is created which I think is highly detectable. If it's something small, then maybe not. If it's something big, then for sure I'll notice, and so probably would you.

Pretending to be another type is a big dissonance and cannot be done unless the person reading what you say is either not familiar with the types as they express themselves through writing. However, there are so many other things going on in someone's writing that I don't think a clear picture emerges. You may see the dissonance, but you won't know what exactly it is, and you for sure won't be able to tell them what type they actually are.

When you say that something in the text is 'Fe', like I did for example, it's highly conditional. Almost to the point of guesswork. Especially when you are dealing with someone who has introduced stuff like drugs into the mental equation.

Factors that make typing through text impossible to do with accuracy:

Education: Very important. What kind of English teachers did you have?

Dialect

Variables depending on what the author has been reading, lately and historically

Family and friends (class): If you are of a certain class, you will write much like you speak. If you are not, you may speak quite differently than you write

Mood: whether or not Uncle Bob just shouted at you

Personal beliefs, such as religion

Whether the person is hot or cold, hungry or thirsty

The weather

Age: very important. This can usually be seen in the text, and it makes a big difference. Anyone over forty has so much life experience behind them confusing the trail that it is nearly impossible to say things for certain.

View of oneself: For a simple example, suppose you have a pedantic personality that likes to explain 'learning' or 'wisdom' to friends. If they were mocked for this early on, and crushed by some stronger personality, then they may well have a defensive note to their online sharings of 'wisdom' about typology, for example. If they were generally listened to, they will likely be much more assuming and perhaps even obtrusive. Again, it's all highly variable and complex.

I have in the past been able to predict certain things with accuracy. For example, some years back I had a POLS professor whose syllabus, after I read it, convinced me that he was gay. He never stated it, or said anything about social movements; it was something about the way he asked us to follow the rules laid out in the syllabus. After I met him in person, I turned out to be right, but I never would have said that I 'knew it'. It was just a pattern I picked up in the text, but it could have been created by any number of other factors that I missed or could not have known.

We leave a ton of footprints, but they are confused.
    You made enough out of it to write this, at least:

"I changed my mind on ESTP. No ESTP would write like that unless he was insane, and even then I dont' think he could do it. They write bluntly, simply, and to the point; they are 'cut to the chase' people who don't revel in emotional situations. If they are being emotional in public like that, it would be part of a break down, not a semi-carefully constructed post. The author of that is reveling in his situation; you have to have a natural sense of the dramatic to do that, I think."

What type or types have a natural sense of the dramatic?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post

"I changed my mind on ESTP. No ESTP would write like that unless he was insane, and even then I dont' think he could do it. They write bluntly, simply, and to the point; they are 'cut to the chase' people who don't revel in emotional situations. If they are being emotional in public like that, it would be part of a break down, not a semi-carefully constructed post. The author of that is reveling in his situation; you have to have a natural sense of the dramatic to do that, I think."

Fe dominants. Interestingly however, ExTPs inflate their tertiary Fe just as every other type inflates their tertiary, causing it to look overdramatic, immature, and even foolish. Socionics calls it the "pathetic" hidden agenda, which inflates to the power of the lead function but is underdeveloped, unconscious, and used without finesse or skill.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Fe dominants. Interestingly however, ExTPs inflate their tertiary Fe just as every other type inflates their tertiary, causing it to look overdramatic, immature, and even foolish. Socionics calls it the "pathetic" hidden agenda, which inflates to the power of the lead function but is underdeveloped, unconscious, and used without finesse or skill.
    What about face-typing in this case? I realize the video is kind of blurry.

Socionics
    ILI

What about face-typing in this case? I realize the video is kind of blurry.
    Just viewed the video (partially) (I was offering commentary to your question quoted above). Pe dominance would be my guess through the assertive tone tempered somewhat by tert Fe. Seems rather wild-eyed.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Just viewed the video (partially) (I was offering commentary to your question quoted above). Pe dominance would be my guess through the assertive tone tempered somewhat by tert Fe. Seems rather wild-eyed.
    Any guesses as to other typology types?

Socionics
    ILI

Any guesses as to other typology types?
    Not really.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Not really.
    6w7 so/sx.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post

I would guess his weakness as an author is in the plot, or the unity of the story. He lives life as a series of moments, or incidents, and this is reflected in his choice of words. He paints a vivid picture of details which are emotionally relevant, and gives us a vignette, or a little painting, of a moment in time. He might have trouble in linking the moments together well in a longer work, but I don't know for sure.
    So far there is no plot, just a series of events linked together by the need to kill and loot.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I said that with the understanding that it was qualified. I could be wrong. But it would stun me.

Many types can have a natural sense of the emotionally dramatic. I couldn't point out any one as more likely, because I can imagine most types could be like this under certain circumstances.

ESTP would be near the bottom of the list for me on this, however. They get angry and emotional, sure, but not in a flowery way. They really mean it, and it comes like a storm. I suspect that it doesn't fit well with being an INTP either, no?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

So far there is no plot, just a series of events linked together by the need to kill and loot.
    So I was right, wasn't I? I was taking a bet on his literary weakness, and I could have been wrong. He writes in his novel much like he writes in that vignette.

By the way, you do write like an INTP, but I wouldn't be able to identify it if it wasn't labeled. I can see why you are an INTP in your writing style, but that's after-the-fact rationalization, and it is invalid for the purpose of prediction. You could turn out to actually be an INTJ, and I wouldn't be able to say from your writing: "He is an INTJ!".

See what I am saying? If it was so obvious, then a lot of the mistyped people would be called out immediately. Some of them we can easily see are not sounding like their type, but others are much harder to gauge.