Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The problem is he's not analyzing on basis of what is likely to happen based on present observations (Se), he's analyzing on basis of having connected what's happening to something that already happened (Si).
    You mean he's relying on experience.... like a Sensor? Or are only certain Sensors allowed to rely on experience? Do ISTPs really have the memory of a goldfish? Do they have to tattoo pertinent information on themselves like Memento?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Michael - INTJ
    Sam - ENTP
    Fiona - INFJ? She's got that whole weird thing going on, for sure.
    Madeline - ESFJ

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Why Michael is an INTJ.

He is an incredible strategist and tactician in a way that nobody can forge.
    The entire personality is so much like my own, plus more intelligence than I can take credit for and with an even worse childhood.

What he is talented in besides strategy and tactics is being good at many things.
    Which is exactly what I and my particular subtype of INTJ is.
    That one being the one that is out there in the real world as well as learning.
    No P-type could ever be as hyper-meticulous all the time as is required by spies.
    Maybe for a while, but the attention to detail would fade in and out unpredictably.
    Besides, when have you ever seen an ENTP exhibit self-discipline?
    Sam is an ENTP, Michael is at the very least a *huge* J.
    E-types would probably talk to someone about it. Sharing, you know. That is ultimately freaking bad for you.
    INTJs and ISTJs probably make the best field ops.
    INTJs the best because of the outside-the-box thinking that comes so natural to the type.
    Most things have, however, already happened at least a few times. As such, a very well-read ISTJ would probably be able to be close to ideal, even if few new solutions to problems are ever conjured.

Spies deal in secrets, and most of what they do is either to blend in or is of a secret nature.
    If you ever want someone to keep a secret, don't tell it to an ExxP. Even if it isn't meant to harm you, the person will manage to slip it into the endless stream of words emitted from their chaotic brains

I'm not completely serious, but somewhat.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

ISTP: The Psycho Vigilante

ISTPs are quiet, unassuming people, who tend to be mechanically gifted but withdrawn and reserved. ISTPs often need a great deal of personal space and "alone time," which may give others the impression that they are aloof; in reality, this time is necessary to hide their secret identities.

The typical ISTP leads a dual life; his outward reserve and quiet masks an inward seething rage at the injustice of life--often, the death of a loved one at the hands of a criminal. In this secret life, the ISTP uses his mechanical gifts to create a terrifying arsenal of bizarre weapons with which to strike fear into the heart of evil. Sometimes, ISTPs may become evil themselves, either slowly over a long period of time or in response to a perceived rejection from the very people they are trying to save.

RECREATION: ISTPs are happiest when they are building and constructing--either new weapons to smite their enemies, or new plots to destroy those who oppose them. They have a very industrial sense of aesthetics, and can spend hours absorbed in the appreciation of works of art such as a 1969 Hemi Cuda retrofitted with missile launchers and ejection seats.

COMPATIBILITY: ISTPs don't often get along well with their extroverted cousins, Evil Overlords and Mad Scientists. Instead, they prefer the company of INTPs, or perhaps their pets. Romantic relationships with ISTPs tend to be drawn-out, tragic affairs, filled with bitterness, longing, and teenage angst. The sex is usually pretty good, however.

Famous ISTPs include Spider-Man and Q.
    Michael is a walking ISTP archetype, like James Bond.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Those are hardly accurate type descriptions and are mostly just jokes. I don't know this character you're talking about, but I wouldn't make a judgement based on those.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You mean he's relying on experience.... like a Sensor? Or are only certain Sensors allowed to rely on experience? Do ISTPs really have the memory of a goldfish?
    Quote from a certain ESTP you and I both know:

yeah... I usually fail at recall of previously used responses when on the spot and have to improvise... something about people staring at me causes total Si failure
    It's not that SPs have no memory, it's that they don't prefer to rely on it -- or it just slips when the heat is on. Si is a preference for relying on accumulated sensory data, whereas Se is a preference for relying on present sensory data. On what your gut and cues from your environment tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

SPs crack under pressure? What good are they then?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    SPs crack under pressure?
    Fuck no. SPs thrive under pressure, but thet're by default best at improvising, not at applying previous knowledge. SJs on the other hand tend to kinda suck at improvising. myself I generally star stuttering if I'm put on the spot on a subject I know nothing about, or start pulling random shit out of thin air (which would be Ne).

It seems to me that you have some trouble differentiating between Se and Si.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Fuck no. SPs thrive under pressure, but thet're by default best at improvising, not at applying previous knowledge. SJs on the other hand tend to kinda suck at improvising. myself I generally star stuttering if I'm put on the spot on a subject I know nothing about, or start pulling random shit out of thin air (which would be Ne).

It seems to me that you have some trouble differentiating between Se and Si.
    But Michael always has to improvise, his plans almost never work.

Damn i wsih i was liek Michael. In a perfect life.